Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't manage to watch the game tonight, but by all accounts it sounds poor. Unfortunately, this is another to add to the list in games that we approached with the completely wrong attitude and failed to even perform to 1/10th of our ability. 

Rotherham 1-0 loss (A)
Bolton 1-0 loss (A)
Stoke 2-1 loss (A)
Ipswich 1-1 draw (A)
Millwall 1-0 loss (H)
Blackburn 2-0 loss (A) 

They've been games where we have really been caught flatfooted, which can only be put down to poor game management and perhaps poor preparation. We've also not won away from home in the league since 2018 - we're now in the fourth month of the year!

Well that was horrid.

Just got back to my hotel and wonder why I bothered? Not read many posts but don’t get why Marriott wasn’t at least on the bench unless I’ve missed something. Mason Bennett is a willing runner and I know he’s a wholehearted lad but will never be a finisher of the potential that Marriott is. Nuge came on and ran around but didn’t really link.

Bad night for most in truth. Roos gets praise but kept punching, which I don’t get. We missed Malone never thought I’d say it, but too cagey breaking. Some lads behind me were singing about Wilson being £50m but other than grab free kicks he didn’t do a lot. Felt sorry for Waghorn, what service he got was long balls over hit or easy game for tall defenders. Bryson just doesn’t fit some games and tonight was one. Whole hearted but other than run around trying to remember something creative he did and struggling?

Us aside,Blackburn were tosh and first half never thought they would ever score but we let them grow in confidence and gifted it them. 

Thoroughly depressing and hard to find many positives.

I have just got back to Manchester where we are staying tonight, thank God the hotel bar's still open. Awful night....yeah, just pretty awful.

I'm going to get loaded, and feel like dog wee tomorrow. Back at Pride Park Saturday, so COYR'S. We go again....

?

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Well that was horrid.

Just got back to my hotel and wonder why I bothered? Not read many posts but don’t get why Marriott wasn’t at least on the bench unless I’ve missed something. Mason Bennett is a willing runner and I know he’s a wholehearted lad but will never be a finisher of the potential that Marriott is. Nuge came on and ran around but didn’t really link.

Bad night for most in truth. Roos gets praise but kept punching, which I don’t get. We missed Malone never thought I’d say it, but too cagey breaking. Some lads behind me were singing about Wilson being £50m but other than grab free kicks he didn’t do a lot. Felt sorry for Waghorn, what service he got was long balls over hit or easy game for tall defenders. Bryson just doesn’t fit some games and tonight was one. Whole hearted but other than run around trying to remember something creative he did and struggling?

Us aside,Blackburn were tosh and first half never thought they would ever score but we let them grow in confidence and gifted it them. 

Thoroughly depressing and hard to find many positives.

I didn't think blackburn were bad.

24 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Spot on. I really hope that if Frank is given time that he can deliver a season to raise the spirits though. I  do understand the frustration fans feel as we have seemed stuck on auto-fail setting for some seasons now and it gets harder to take each time we flatter to deceive, even for an arch happy-clapper like myself. That said, I prefer to flatter and fail than never challenge at all and that'll always be my mentality.

Next year we might be able to settle down at the end of March to a nice comfy 12th place finish without all this tom foolery .  We could go back to watching Forest lose in the playoffs to some random no mark not fit to be on the same pitch as the glorious slayers of Malmo .  They only need to lose a couple more to make a game of word search.  I sometimes miss them day's, laughing at them constantly blowing two goal leads in the home leg was a regular part of my bank holiday fun.

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In fact if you consider the point I made, it was that the first year of there careers as managers from being given a position to how respective first seasons have gone are similar

Bristol City are the third Club that Lee Johnson has managed.

He started his Managerial career at Oldham in League 1, at the age of 31 - Games Managed 103 - Won 36, Drew 32, Lost 35.

He was poached by Barnsley, and managed them for 51 Games - Won 20, Drew 13, Lost 18.

Bristol City appointed him as their Manager in Feb. 2016 paying Barnsley an undisclosed compensation fee. 
His Managerial record at Bristol is 167 games - Won 68, Drew 40, Lost 59.
This is his third full Season managing Bristol City.

I fail to see how you can conclude that the first year of Johnson's and Lampard's respective Managerial careers 
are in any way comparable.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I didn't think blackburn were bad.

They wasted so much RamNut, they wasn’t bad, just never looked like scoring. To be fair we were getting away with it second half, I kept hoping we would undeservedly nick one because of our goal scoring of late, yet in truth unless we would have been gifted a free kick edge of box or penalty, we never looked like scoring either did we.

Their finishing showed why they have lost a lot lately, somehow we managed to gift them possession and goals second half.  Really thought a decent second half would beat them, that’s hope for you, totally gutted with tonight.

2 hours ago, KCG said:

We do need a clear out and Frank needs to be part of it!

Worst post of the season, you talk total rubbish, Frank is doing a good job overall, we need stability, and a manager who will give youth a chance, as we do not have the funds to go out and buy the best players at this level at the moment, so us fans need to show support and patience.

In reference to a poster who I don't even want to quote.

If we sack Frank, we'll get the same disingenuous rubbish from posters on here about how they're willing to give managers time, when quite often they're the first to call for the manager out after a bad spell.

We're 8th with a rookie manager, that's pretty good going for his first year in the job. Norwich could have sacked Farke last year, but they actually stuck with their manager and are profiting. 

At what point are we as fans going to accept there is no magical appointment out there that is going to overnight turn us into a premier league team, and that it takes time and effort to transition into one of those. 

13 minutes ago, mice_elf said:

Bristol City are the third Club that Lee Johnson has managed.

He started his Managerial career at Oldham in League 1, at the age of 31 - Games Managed 103 - Won 36, Drew 32, Lost 35.

He was poached by Barnsley, and managed them for 51 Games - Won 20, Drew 13, Lost 18.

Bristol City appointed him as their Manager in Feb. 2016 paying Barnsley an undisclosed compensation fee. 
His Managerial record at Bristol is 167 games - Won 68, Drew 40, Lost 59.
This is his third full Season managing Bristol City.

I fail to see how you can conclude that the first year of Johnson's and Lampard's respective Managerial careers 
are in way comparable.

Ok .  Thanks for the comprehensive info . I'm not sure if there first season's as managers were comparable then . I was making a general point comparing Bristol City's season last year to our current season .   Obviously different leagues but what about win/lose ratio's .  Monthly cycles. Average age of squad etc.  If you could provide  more in depth analysis on Lee's first season at Oldham that would be great.  Or not - i'm not overly arsed.

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

In theory replacing Holmes with Bryson shouldn't be a massive change but Bryson has been poor this season. I'd be interested to know how many matches we have won when he starts.

In 2019 we’ve one one game with Bryson starting out of 8, we lost 4 of the others. Difficult to draw too much mind, as we haven’t exactly been winning many games at all since the new year

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Difficult to draw too much mind, as we haven’t exactly been winning many games at all since December.

We’ve only won 5 out of 18 league games since the home draw again Forest on 17th December. The only reason we’re still in contention for the playoffs is because the league is generally of low quality.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

We're 8th with a rookie manager, that's pretty good going for his first year in the job. Norwich could have sacked Farke last year, but they actually stuck with their manager and are profiting

If we can keep Frank then I'd have a sneaky fiver on Derby going up autos next season.  We've played some brilliant football - just need to sort out the consistency.

However I wouldn't write this season off yet. Frank seems to have us turning up.to the big games more than the Ipswiches and the Blackburns so if we do happen to sneak into the top 6, it's game on.

No idea what we'd do if we did get to the Prem though! Might need one or two players bringing in!

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

If we can keep Frank then I'd have a sneaky fiver on Derby going up autos next season.  We've played some brilliant football - just need to sort out the consistency.

However I wouldn't write this season off yet. Frank seems to have us turning up.to the big games more than the Ipswiches and the Blackburns so if we do happen to sneak into the top 6, it's game on.

No idea what we'd do if we did get to the Prem though! Might need one or two players bringing in!

So not all of these games at this time of the season isnt a big game isnt it! That game last night was one of our biggest games of the season it bigger then our games against swansea and west brom at the end of the season! Becauseby the time we play them our season could be over all these lower league teams are fighting for their lifes these are the big games! 

Archived