Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I have no faith in the man and his decision making whatsoever. Terrible tactics and team selection tonight but no doubt we’re stuck with him until Chelsea take him off our hands at some point. As for what he can achieve with his own players, do you mean players like George Evans? Josefzoon? Can’t wait..☹️

Evans was brought in for cover and had done his job. Nothing special and reflects his 350k price tag. Jozefzoon has had moments where he’s looked good. He’ll need a run of games. He’s not really had much of an opportunity. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was 13/14 really 5 years ago? Amazing how far backwards we've gone from the team that Clough built and McClaren elevated.

Of all the managerial ins and outs over the years it's pretty amazing to me that Wassall is among the most successful. 

7 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Going to have games like this over a season. Its strange and frustrating but we have all watched long enough to know it happens. Plenty of twists and turns yet. Positive, Bogle was superb again. Looking forward to thumping Bolton on Saturday. 

I think you should change your name to Stockholm Syndrome. 

The thing that is really worrying is that the clear out will begin with Wilson, Mount and Tomori going back. We have to replace them to get back to where we are now! And then replace about 12 of the deadwoods/dross as well. I think next season will be the rebuilding season not this.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

And we’d have gone through ANOTHER DUCKING MANAGER and would be trying to create yet another new identity.

Jesus Christ.

I think it's all by the by anyway, because I think he'll be off of his own accord. So calm down!

A clear out is needed but I dont no if I trust Frank to buy good Evan's and jozefzoon have been bad buys waghorn okay Marriott was a good buy and Holmes but I'm not sure i trust him that much his loans have been good but there not our players 

Felt like a 'when the season ended' moment at full time. Reality is we're some way off being good enough to go up.

Blackburn absolutely swamped us tonight - at no stage did we look like playoff chasers or exert any dominance on the game. Lawrence & Wilson were largely marked out of the game save for one half-chance each, Mount was totally over-shadowed by the excellent Bradley Dack and Johnson and Bryson continue to show how ordinary our midfield options are. A thoroughly depressing evening.

Assuming Villa do the expected against Rotherham tomorrow night, we'll be 5 points behind 6th with 6 to play. That looks a big gap in view of our form & how strong Villa & Bristol City look.

Agree that Lamps shouldn't take all the blame tonight, some individuals out there need to be performing much better. For all the headlines they make I thought Mount and Wilson were two of our worst, they'll probably slip under the radar though. Bryson was poor. Cole was two yards off the pace. Roos invited constant pressure with his flapping. Lawrence played like Lawrence does, ill thought decision making and little quality.

Keogh, Tomori and Bogle were decent I thought - three players who all have probably been the most consistent all year. 

We'll probably beat Bolton and be right back in it but I can't imagine there's much expectation left after that. Judging by the away following tonight there's not too many left who are hopeful. 

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I have no faith in the man and his decision making whatsoever. Terrible tactics and team selection tonight but no doubt we’re stuck with him until Chelsea take him off our hands at some point. As for what he can achieve with his own players, do you mean players like George Evans? Josefzoon? Can’t wait..☹️

Judging Frank and his ability to succeed as a top flight manager after less than a season is like condemning an eighteen year old player for not having enough savvy or experience. 

Its academic how experienced Frank was as a player this is a totally different job. 

I worked in sales for 20 years and the ability to manage sales people is only loosely connected to sales ability. Time will tell if FL can make it, but to write him off so soon beggars belief. 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

A clear out is needed but I dont no if I trust Frank to buy good Evan's and jozefzoon have been bad buys waghorn okay Marriott was a good buy and Holmes but I'm not sure i trust him that much his loans have been good but there not our players 

You don’t know if you trust him because two of the six players he signed haven’t lived up to your expectations and his three loan signings have all been good?

Wow, tough crowd. 

Alright for you lot..... I’ve just got stuck in a hotel lift for 20 minutes and the fire brigade have just come out to save me. 

8 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Was 13/14 really 5 years ago? Amazing how far backwards we've gone from the team that Clough built and McClaren elevated.

Of all the managerial ins and outs over the years it's pretty amazing to me that Wassall is among the most successful. 

Imagine being told that at the time, as Rotherham stroked in their third... ?

Archived