Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, David said:

Why not appoint him last summer, has much changed other than Frank has 9 months experience under his belt?

They must have known they had talent and Man City haven’t surprised anyone this season.

I don’t think Frank would have took it. 

He’s had a life of being questioned about his “privileges”. 

He’d want to prove himself at a smaller club first. 

20 minutes ago, David said:

Why not appoint him last summer, has much changed other than Frank has 9 months experience under his belt?

They must have known they had talent and Man City haven’t surprised anyone this season.

Ole happened, football is fickle and what’s not an option one week can be the next.

Only a fool would think that FL wouldn’t be considered should the opportunity arose, NC cane to Derby despite being a non league manager, connections with clubs cloud owners and fans minds.

Not saying he will get it or even will take it, but once again comes at the worst time possible, the press won’t let it lie, the fans will go into a melt down as normal and it takes the attention of what should be our main focus of the season.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Wonder if all this hype is affecting our performances like it did under Schteve 

media seem to do it to us every time we’re having a decent season

Maclaren - Newcastle 

Rowett - Stoke 

Lampard - Chelsea 

You say the media do it but in all fairness in both those cases the rumours did come true. Only in the former case do I think it had any effect mind, Rowett signed a new deal and there’s been nothing concrete linking Lampard to the Chelsea job until today, only people panicking themselves.

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Wonder if all this hype is affecting our performances like it did under Schteve 

media seem to do it to us every time we’re having a decent season

Maclaren - Newcastle 

Rowett - Stoke 

Lampard - Chelsea 

McClaren allowed the speculation to affect the team as he did nothing to dispel or quash the rumours so they rumbled on and on.

I don't think Lampard is anywhere near the level of unprofessionalism that McClaren showed.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You say the media do it but in all fairness in both those cases the rumours did come true. Only in the former case do I think it had any effect mind, Rowett signed a new deal and there’s been nothing concrete linking Lampard to the Chelsea job until today, only people panicking themselves.

Only after mel sacked Steve did it come true.

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

McClaren allowed the speculation to affect the team as he did nothing to dispel or quash the rumours so they rumbled on and on.

I don't think Lampard is anywhere near the level of unprofessionalism that McClaren showed.

What evidence do you have the speculation affected the team?

Just now, Inglorius said:

He did nothing to help the situation and to end the uncertainty 

IMO radio derby were the worst culprits. Each week they asked him. I recall him clearly him saying early on that his only focus was derby county. While he didn’t outright deny any interest why should he?

He also committed himself to Derby at the end of the season.

The main reason our season collapsed was injuries. 

Imagine if Wilson,  mount, Keogh,  waghorn, Marriott all were injured now for a significant period at the same time it would without doubt affect us. The injuries we had then were as significant.

Sarri needs sacking sharpish just to stop the speculation. If Franks goes he goes. Probably the worst case scenario for us is that Sarri gets the boot and they appoint Zola as caretaker while Chelsea carry out a Europe wide search for the new man with Frank refusing to rule himself out.

Archived