Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win our 2 games in hand against beatable teams and we could be 10 points clear of 8th.....

No need to worry - Not playing well, but not losing games,

Need to start turning a corner in terms of creating chances, playing well and winning games though,

Our run in is favorable so we shouldn't fear anyone,

Win our home games and dont lose away and we should be all set for the play offs. COYR

I think personally sacking Sarri would only highlight what a mess Chelsea are.

In his first press conference as manager, Sarri said it would take time (as in seasons) for the team to adapt to his style. They all seemed fine with that back then. What's changed? Bringing him in was committing to a long term project. Sacking him just highlights that you didn't know what you were doing from day one.

Honestly would not be shocked if they did actually turn to Lampard and Morris. Who else could they go for? Or more importantly, who else would they be willing to be time

On 12/02/2019 at 08:12, BaaLocks said:

If they gave us Mount, Tomori, Abraham, Empadu and Hudson Odoi as compensation, plus we got to keep Jody to take the gaffers chair, then I might be able to come to terms with it.

I would even carry lampard down to chelsea myself for this! (even tho i do like lampard) 

8 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Adrian Durham bigging Frank up for the Chelsea job on Talksport.  That, we don't need.  Ok, it's an inconsequential noise on the radio, but I wish they'd shut their faces and stop the hype....

He won’t shut up about it, we don’t need all this talk we’ve seen what it does under Steve! If he was too go (doubt he will) we’d have to go for Slav

8 hours ago, Stroker Ace said:

After Chelsea's exit from the cup and their next two fixtures being the champions league tie against Malmo this week and The League Cup Final on Sunday it seems highly likely Sarri will be sacked today.

Hopefully they won't come looking for Frank but if he does go perhaps he can take Nugent with him. I remain stunned that he preferred Nugent to Waghorn up top against Brighton. If he was planning to rest Waghorn I would have understood but he played. Every Derby fan know's Nugent is done but it's completely mystifying, that Frank doesn't. It's the first chick in the armour for me.

Ooh...a nugent v higuain footrace over 100m?

ive got 10 mins to spare.....?

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think personally sacking Sarri would only highlight what a mess Chelsea are.

In his first press conference as manager, Sarri said it would take time (as in seasons) for the team to adapt to his style. They all seemed fine with that back then. What's changed? Bringing him in was committing to a long term project. Sacking him just highlights that you didn't know what you were doing from day one.

Honestly would not be shocked if they did actually turn to Lampard and Morris. Who else could they go for? Or more importantly, who else would they be willing to be time

The whole Kante and Jorginho thing is getting on my tits as well. 

Kante has never been a #6. Just because he is a defensive midfielder doesn’t mean that he should play the holding role. He had Drinkwater and then Matic screening for him, allowing him to plug gaps and win the ball. 

He played as a lone pivot for France and looked poo, to the extent they changed their system. 

Sarri is trying to coach him into being similar to Allan at Napoli. Perhaps it just isn’t possible though, Kante has always looked his best in teams that sponge and break. 

7 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Sky just said that if Sarri gets sacked, our Frank and Zidane are the prime candidates.... Surely they'd go for Zidane, right? Please!

Chelsea are on the wane and with Abramovich's visa problems he's stopped putting money in. Whoever manages them will be managing decline. Zidane won't want to come to what's going to be a mid-table Premier League club. Frank shouldn't go at the moment because the only way is down. He should wait for them to bottom out over the next few years and then step in if he must.

It’s the perfect timing for Chelsea. Young players coming through that Jodi has worked with. 

The need to develop young players within the first team. 

Man City will dominate for a few years so will take pressure off Lampard especially if developing youth. 

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Chelsea are on the wane and with Abramovich's visa problems he's stopped putting money in. Whoever manages them will be managing decline. Zidane won't want to come to what's going to be a mid-table Premier League club. Frank shouldn't go at the moment because the only way is down. He should wait for them to bottom out over the next few years and then step in if he must.

I'd generally agree, but such an emotional attachment to a place like Frank and Jody has to Chelsea cannot be underestimated and can make someone act irrationally (I'm not sure you'd consider a move from derby to any premier league club besides those in the bottom 5 irrational anyway). Plus the position of the club currently may be the perfect conditions for a manager who will be afforded time by the fans, will use and trust the youth, wants to play the right way and is a club legend. May not be true anyway, sky aren't exactly 100% reliable and, if you were cynical, have interests in other areas that this 'news' may boost...

3 minutes ago, JAT said:

It’s the perfect timing for Chelsea. Young players coming through that Jodi has worked with. 

The need to develop young players within the first team. 

Man City will dominate for a few years so will take pressure off Lampard especially if developing youth. 

Why not appoint him last summer, has much changed other than Frank has 9 months experience under his belt?

They must have known they had talent and Man City haven’t surprised anyone this season.

Archived