Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Steve McMahon and Tim Sherwood as their expert pundits. It shows how far sky sports have fallen. There was a segment where that arrogant prat Sherwood was talking himself up about how he single handedly rejuvenated adebayor’s career. 

just been listening to them two this morning. - talk crap - who picked these 2 numbnuts 

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Talksport like nothing better than digging their claws into a manager not doing well, while failed managers tell them what they should be doing instead. Then Alan Brazil will recommend ‘Big Sam’ for the job before going to have a champagne dinner.

I like talksport sometimes, even Adrian Durham from time to time makes very good points, but finding an opinion that’s not got some agenda behind it is very hard to come by. 

At the moment they are doing to Sarri what they did to Jose, not realising it takes managers time to put their own stamp on things. Sarri is suffering from having a mess of random players from different regimes

sounds familiar.

I agree re TS, spot on. 

My heart sinks when I hear about all this speculation yet again in the second half of the season. This is the third time this has happened and must have some impact on the players even though we'd like to think it shouldn't. I know we are lucky to have Frank and that at some point he will be off to Chelsea but not now. This club definitely needs stability and I also think Frank needs more time learning managerial skills. He's proved he has ability but has much more to learn . Best case scenario for both Derby and Frank inmho another 18months minimum together. Managing Chelsea comes with many challenges!

15 hours ago, McLovin said:

Shaking my head. The blokes on sky sports the debate are saying that Lampard should go to Chelsea but as an assistant manager first and that even an assistant manager job is a massive step up from the job he’s in now. Idiots

Zidane would be an even worse choice for them than Lampard. Sounds crazy for someone with his track record but he lucked out beyond belief, realised it and exited stage left. I don't say he is bad, I just say that strange thought it sounds he is untested.

My money would be on a return for Ancelotti, end of the season.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Probably get £5m in compensation, only silver lining I can find.  Everyone has a price.

I wouldnt want lampard to leave but If he did for 5m wouldnt be too bad maybe keep jody morris in charge or simmo and i would be alright about it! 

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Zidane would be an even worse choice for them than Lampard. Sounds crazy for someone with his track record but he lucked out beyond belief, realised it and exited stage left. I don't say he is bad, I just say that strange thought it sounds he is untested.

Not saying he's as good as Guardiola/Klopp but to say he lucked out after winning three straight Champions League trophies is a joke. The finest margins matter at the elite level.

Archived