Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Frank is not ready for Chelsea, however going on his interview on BBC derby he may think otherwise. This is a big distraction, he needs to quash it ASAP.

I disagree, I think he made it quite clear his focus is on Derby - certainly more so than McClaren ever did.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-boss-frank-lampard-2567395

”My focus was absolutely on Millwall and will remain the same for Nottingham Forest. Nothing surprises me in football. There will be links all over the place. It doesn't surprise me.I just have to focus on the job in hand here. I'm certainly not thinking about it, talking about it. It is what it is. I'm Derby manager, and we're working hard every game here. I certainly am.”

He could categorically state “I don’t want the Chelsea job” but, let’s be honest, he’d be lying.

24 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I disagree, I think he made it quite clear his focus is on Derby - certainly more so than McClaren ever did.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-boss-frank-lampard-2567395

”My focus was absolutely on Millwall and will remain the same for Nottingham Forest. Nothing surprises me in football. There will be links all over the place. It doesn't surprise me.I just have to focus on the job in hand here. I'm certainly not thinking about it, talking about it. It is what it is. I'm Derby manager, and we're working hard every game here. I certainly am.”

He could categorically state “I don’t want the Chelsea job” but, let’s be honest, he’d be lying.

Of course he wants to be Chelsea manager, but he's intelligent enough to realise he ain't ready for it yet

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Not saying he's as good as Guardiola/Klopp but to say he lucked out after winning three straight Champions League trophies is a joke. The finest margins matter at the elite level.

Get the point, but watch what he does in football management and feel free to bump this the second he is anywhere near replicating that success, or even a shadow of it. It won't happen.

We have won 3 in our last 10 and picked up 13 points from our last 30.

I don’t think Frank is getting anyone’s attention in the Chelsea hierarchy with a run like that.

Take the sentiment out of it for a second, we are in a slump of our own that Frank is finding hard to reverse, so why would he have any effect on Chelsea?

Frank will still be here next season, and hopefully armed with the lessons learnt from this season to do better next time around.

He cant turn an average championship side into a top one, what can he do at a top Prem club?

he is learning his new role, whether he can do it …...time will tell, but at the moment we are currently a lot worse off now than this time last season. #

Hey the football is better, but only sometimes.

Maybe FL will join the magic circle and then he might be able to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear!

Chelsea come in for FL, not a chance!

It would not surprise me if Frank's people were putting the feelers out to Abramovich's people now. Frank will be worried that after three abject performances on the bounce his team are making him look like he doesn't know what he's doing. Chelsea could take him now but not after a couple more defeats and with Forest and Villa away next that could well be what he's looking at. He'll be hoping for Chelsea to lose tonight against Malmö.

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Where's your evidence? 

My mate, who is in the know but I can't say who - believe me he isn't lying on this one, saw a Chelsea fan outside Pride Park on transfer deadline day. Anyway, his brother is the agent of Peter Odemwingie and he once was in an elevator with the cousin of Jesper Gronkjaer's cleaner who told him, and again it's really important you keep this trio yourself, that I'm not your Google bitch. Go look it up, there's about about fifteen pages on the topic. Happy reading!

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I wonder if Chelsea not being allowed to buy players in the next two windows will increase or reduce the chances of Sarri leaving and/or Frank filling his space.  What a pity for Chelsea ?

I think it increases the chance of someone 'like' lampard being appointed. Sarri is surely gone soon, cant see them attracting a top top manager with this in place.

On 21/02/2019 at 13:47, BaaLocks said:

My mate, who is in the know but I can't say who - believe me he isn't lying on this one, saw a Chelsea fan outside Pride Park on transfer deadline day. Anyway, his brother is the agent of Peter Odemwingie and he once was in an elevator with the cousin of Jesper Gronkjaer's cleaner who told him, and again it's really important you keep this trio yourself, that I'm not your Google bitch. Go look it up, there's about about fifteen pages on the topic. Happy reading!

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'll try and keep this trio myself. 

• 4 weeks later...

FROM THE BBC WEBSITE

Chelsea are considering Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo, 45, or former club favourite and current Derby boss Frank Lampard, 40, to replace 60-year-old Italian Maurizio Sarri as manager. (Sun)

WIth Zidane having elected to head back to Madrid and therefore out of the running to take over at Stamford Bridge, alongside rumours of Mel Morris wanting to cut his losses, could this actually happen? Personally I can't see it and I think Frank has already stated that he's going nowhere but it is something of a concern nonetheless.

IMO, the club has needed a period of stability for a good few years now and as such, the timing of these reports really couldn't be worse. Yet another managerial change could be disastrous unless we can find a manager who shares Frank's philosophy and can therefore continue the current re-build rather than embarking on another rip and replace project. This said, the source of the story is The Sun...

What do we think chaps - BS paper-talk or something more real and for those thinking it's possible, who would you like to see considered as Frank's successor?

Archived