Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, it did though? In all seriousness I have reason to believe those rumours were definately true, weren’t just paper talk even in the early stages

So why did steve publicly commit himself to Derby?  You have reason to believe but what proof? 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

IMO radio derby were the worst culprits. Each week they asked him. I recall him clearly him saying early on that his only focus was derby county. While he didn’t outright deny any interest why should he?

He also committed himself to Derby at the end of the season.

The main reason our season collapsed was injuries. 

Imagine if Wilson,  mount, Keogh,  waghorn, Marriott all were injured now for a significant period at the same time it would without doubt affect us. The injuries we had then were as significant.

I broadly agree but still don't think he helped the matter by not flatly ruling out a move to Newcastle when as you rightly say was repeatedly questioned by Radio Derby on the same matter.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

I broadly agree but still don't think he helped the matter by not flatly ruling out a move to Newcastle when as you rightly say was repeatedly questioned by Radio Derby on the same matter.

To be honest i think more of someone who keeps his cards close to his chest rathet than lying and clearing off a couple of months down the line.

He would have been mullered had he committed then turned around and gone anyway.

Worst mistake mel made was sacking him.  Second worst wad sacking him a second time.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

To be honest i think more of someone who keeps his cards close to his chest rathet than lying and clearing off a couple of months down the line.

He would have been mullered had he committed then turned around and gone anyway.

Worst mistake mel made was sacking him.  Second worst wad sacking him a second time.

It's a difficult one I would demand loyalty from my employees and if they didn't want to be there then make it clear that they find alternative employment then.

I think it was a mistake hiring McClaren for a second time so shouldn't even be discussing the merits of sacking him again 

Haven't got a clue what Chelsea will do. The fact Sarri is still in a job makes me think roman is losing interest.

It won't be Lampard not yet. It will be at some point.

I can’t see him going to become Chelsea manager personally although I’m sure he is flattered. He’s still a rookie boss and cutting his teeth at a lower level which is the last thing Chelsea need right now, the state they are in. 

Also, his ex might disagree but he seems to be a man of integrity and I don’t think he’d leave us in the lurch so early in his Rams career and at such a crucial stage of the season. 

If and when he does go, I think it’ll be as an assistant to someone more experienced.... like Zidane. That would be my only worry at this time  

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Haven't got a clue what Chelsea will do. The fact Sarri is still in a job makes me think roman is losing interest.

It won't be Lampard not yet. It will be at some point.

Bruce buck calls the shots these days and he was there at the game last night.

We may have moaned at our managers for not having a plan b but Sarri is getting absolute pelters for only ever making like for like subs.

Taking azpilicueta off for zappacosta was the final straw for the crowd who went bonkers....?

Out of idle interest, does it often happen where the fan’s idol returns to manage the same team to proper glory?

Off the top of my head:

Dave Mckay,  Dalglish 1.0 (but he never left!), Keegan (but no trophies lads), Graham....

Then there’s RoyMac (so close), Schteve (so close), Todd, Gregory, Nigel (sentimental return to dads real home), Ole (you’ll see) Little, Pearce x2, Shearer (funny cos his punditry is so dynamic), Ardiles, Hoddle, Harry, Bremner, Hunter etc etc

Seems the epitome of football romance but rarely based on science, facts or rigorous recruitment. Should really only be done when a quick fix / lift is required.

As I say, these are off the top my head so just a discussion starter and happy to be corrected!! 

.... ok, Zidane et al but I’m looking at England 

38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Shaking my head. The blokes on sky sports the debate are saying that Lampard should go to Chelsea but as an assistant manager first and that even an assistant manager job is a massive step up from the job he’s in now. Idiots

That debate show is that bad it makes me cringe. Heard more sense talked at work about football than on that drivel !

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

That debate show is that bad it makes me cringe. Heard more sense talked at work about football than on that drivel !

Tell me about it. I don’t even want to think about how much these guys get paid. Ironically the show is called the debate yet the pundits always agree with each other.

Archived