Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So why did steve publicly commit himself to Derby?  You have reason to believe but what proof? 

Never said Steve wasn’t committed to derby, in fact I have reason to believe he was. Just said the interest from Newcastle wasn’t paper talk and was legit, and I think mcclaren did consider it. But at the time of his sacking he was committed to derby, of that Im fairly certain. He was dismissed, fairly Imo, for that end of season collapse. 

4 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I broadly agree but still don't think he helped the matter by not flatly ruling out a move to Newcastle when as you rightly say was repeatedly questioned by Radio Derby on the same matter.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-speaks-newcastle-united-8971952

McClaren said: “It is football, it’s newspapers and it is that time of the season. Our focus is on Watford on Friday, and then Wigan on Monday, and the big April we have got ahead.”

McClaren was pressed as to where he thought the information was coming from and when asked if he had any idea, the Rams chief said: “Absolutely not. We are focusing on doing a job here, we know where we want to go, and that is the main aim.

“We said from day one we have got a job to do here, we are focused totally on that. Everything else is irrelevant and speculation.”

That was in the April. 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Shaking my head. The blokes on sky sports the debate are saying that Lampard should go to Chelsea but as an assistant manager first and that even an assistant manager job is a massive step up from the job he’s in now. Idiots

Dullards like this make my blood boil.

Of course Chelsea is a massive step up .... well, it is if you believe that football started in 1996 because they'd won less than us till then .  By Mcmahons rhetoric perhaps Klopp should be on his knees begging to be Chelsea manager as his beloved Liverpool have won sweet F.A compared to Chelsea in the last ten - fifteen years.  Clubs like Spurs and Everton may as well pack there balls up and forget it, perhaps Pochettino  could be Chelseas physio,. 

Looking at what has happened with solskjaer, chelsea might well be tempted.

i can't imagine frank needing less than a nanosecond to think about it. I think it will be in his contract that he is allowed to go if Chelsea come in.

No point worrying about it.

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

Shaking my head. The blokes on sky sports the debate are saying that Lampard should go to Chelsea but as an assistant manager first and that even an assistant manager job is a massive step up from the job he’s in now. Idiots

Which is funny considering Clement did a fine job as Chelsea assistant manager and didn’t even last the season as Derby boss.

19 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

If Frank gets the opportunity he will jump at it for numerous reasons and who could blame him.

It’s almost like a free hit,the fans will love him whatever happens and if it goes wrong another club will snatch his hand off.

What’s Simmo up to?

Not a free hit for me , I'd be savage if he dumped us .

Bit like having the hottest bird you've ever had then she leaves you for Becks ! Then you turn round and say you're pleased for her while you're back to pulling your plonker !? ?

I don’t know why people seem so certain he’d go. They’ll get someone to steady the ship for the rest of the season if Sarri actually goes. 

I’m also sure Frank wants to prove himself first, he’s not stupid. His managerial career could be over if he goes there this early and collapses. 

Much more difficult for him to go to Chelsea currently than in about 2-3 years time as there would be far too many people he would want rid off who were his friends and could be very very messy and the Chelsea fans would be expecting what has happened at Man U which it wouldn’t 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Dullards like this make my blood boil.

Of course Chelsea is a massive step up .... well, it is if you believe that football started in 1996 because they'd won less than us till then .  By Mcmahons rhetoric perhaps Klopp should be on his knees begging to be Chelsea manager as his beloved Liverpool have won sweet F.A compared to Chelsea in the last ten - fifteen years.  Clubs like Spurs and Everton may as well pack there balls up and forget it, perhaps Pochettino  could be Chelseas physio,. 

Steve McMahon and Tim Sherwood as their expert pundits. It shows how far sky sports have fallen. There was a segment where that arrogant prat Sherwood was talking himself up about how he single handedly rejuvenated adebayor’s career. 

I've been worried since mid December. We made a pilgrimage before the Forest home game to The Tap, to sample a pint of Derby Brewing Company's Super Frank beer, but alas it wasn't on. We then went over to the brewery shop to see if was sold in bottles there, but were told they decided not to, in case Frank left the club and they were left with a load of unsaleable beer! A better reason would have been FL wouldn't bottle it so they won't either. Surely he's never going to leave...

All the "experts" on TalkSport reckon he should go to Chelsea.

Chelsea is the most poisoned chalice among all the managerial poisoned chalices. They would be mad to appoint him at this stage given his lack of experience. It also goes against all their normal managerial appointment procedures of giving the job to an experienced manager who has won trophies.

Chelsea's first team policy is against everything Frank says he stands for - ie promoting youth etc etc.

He won't get the chance to build a team over two or three years. No Chelsea manager lasts that long even when they're winning titles.

You couldn't think of a worse fit. There is no logic to it.  

So it'll probably happen. 

3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

All the "experts" on TalkSport reckon he should go to Chelsea.

Chelsea is the most poisoned chalice among all the managerial poisoned chalices. They would be mad to appoint him at this stage given his lack of experience. It also goes against all their normal managerial appointment procedures of giving the job to an experienced manager who has won trophies.

Chelsea's first team policy is against everything Frank says he stands for - ie promoting youth etc etc.

He won't get the chance to build a team over two or three years. No Chelsea manager lasts that long even when they're winning titles.

You couldn't think of a worse fit. There is no logic to it.  

So it'll probably happen. 

Talksport like nothing better than digging their claws into a manager not doing well, while failed managers tell them what they should be doing instead. Then Alan Brazil will recommend ‘Big Sam’ for the job before going to have a champagne dinner.

I like talksport sometimes, even Adrian Durham from time to time makes very good points, but finding an opinion that’s not got some agenda behind it is very hard to come by. 

At the moment they are doing to Sarri what they did to Jose, not realising it takes managers time to put their own stamp on things. Sarri is suffering from having a mess of random players from different regimes

People using Solskjaer as an example... He had 8 years of managerial experience prior, won things. Fans wanted a return of something like Ferguson, in some ways a perfect fit. This is the very definition of a free hit as he is a manager on loan.

I think it would be stupid of Chelsea and Frank to consider it at this stage. But as said above, football is stupid so it wouldn't surprise me.

Archived