Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

3 minutes ago, David said:

You’re missing the point completely, both Davies and Jewell left the club before their replacements were appointed, Lampard has not left the club as of yet so we can’t appoint another manager. 

It’s not about just being on the pay roll, you can have your contract terminated but paid monthly still. Lampard’s contract has not been terminated, he’s simply been excused from training for 2 days.

I hope you don’t hurt your head too much by repeatedly banging it on that wall. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

I mean, you know that’s impossible right? Whilst Lampard is still under contract we can’t appoint another until a termination has been signed off.

I wouldn't think it's legally impossible, but it would be rather stupid with regards to the compensation package from Chelsea. 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

er.... Roy Evans and Gerard Houillier

Ian Dowie and Phil Brown

Martin O'Neill and Sabri Lamoucheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Houllier was appointed join manager, completely different situation!

And Brown left before Dovie.

18 minutes between O’Neill and Lamouchi announcements but the contracts terminated and signed were probably hours before.

Come on now, you lot been over to Holland and been on the whacky backy already?

Just now, David said:

18 minutes between O’Neill and Lamouchi announcements but the contracts terminated and signed were probably hours before.

who took over when Adam wotshisface took over at Hull and Dowie was put on gardening leave eventually?

Pearson, that's the dude

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

With Lampard only being excused from training Monday + Tuesday, does he come back to work tomorrow or do we expect an annoucement this evening/tomorrow morning

Deal is done mate, they have done an announcement video 

8 minutes ago, David said:

I think the fact that changes to contract status can happen outside the timeline of announcements is the thing though.

I'm sure he ceased to be Derby manager contractually, hours ago. Probably even yesterday.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

ITK? Why would Chelsea wait?

The media were reporting that Mel was waiting to sign off on Frank leaving until we had our replacement sorted. Seems like an extremely weak reason to me and it doesn't really make sense, but that is the best the media has managed to cobble together.

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I hope you don’t hurt your head too much by repeatedly banging it on that wall. 

A lot of people on here are getting extremely frustrated with the prolonged negotiations and just want things done and dusted and just seem to think FL can be put on "gardening leave" and bring a new manager in, unfortunately things don't work like that. As i said earlier i think Chelsea are playing mind games. Leave it long enough so Mel gets rid of Frank to get the new manager in thus saving them £4mill That £4 mill could then be used to bring a player in on loan for a season (still allowed to sign players on loan while under embargo AIUI)

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The media were reporting that Mel was waiting to sign off on Frank leaving until we had our replacement sorted. Seems like an extremely weak reason to me and it doesn't really make sense, but that is the best the media has managed to cobble together.

Sometimes these things occur just as informal agreements to improve perception. 

I could reasonably imagine that Mel would like to minimise the amount of time between Lampards out announcement and a Cocu in announcement as much as possible. And if Chelsea aren't in a rush, why not oblige.

EDIT: Also, an immediate announcement means that who we appoint gets in to all the press stories about Chelsea hiring Lampard. ? 

If we wait, we get less PR.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

A lot of people on here are getting extremely frustrated with the prolonged negotiations and just want things done and dusted and just seem to think FL can be put on "gardening leave" and bring a new manager in, unfortunately things don't work like that. As i said earlier i think Chelsea are playing mind games. Leave it long enough so Mel gets rid of Frank to get the new manager in thus saving them £4mill That £4 mill could then be used to bring a player in on loan for a season (still allowed to sign players on loan while under embargo AIUI)

Nonsense

If it transpires that Derby appointing Cocu was the hold up - and that Frank had agreed with Mel that he'd only leave if and when we found a suitable replacement - would there be a massive flurry of apologies from some forum members?

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

who took over when Adam wotshisface took over at Hull and Dowie was put on gardening leave eventually?

Pearson, that's the dude

Do you think we can put Frank on gardening leave, then demand £4m compensation for a manager we have effectively terminated his contract? 

You can argue it’s only been suspended, but I really don’t see us going down that path for the “banter”, the club has remained respectful throughout, even talking about maintaining the relationship with Chelsea. 

I knew it was going to be one of those days when the Moore or Wassall poll went up, didn’t think it would be one of these days though, you lot are off your heads ?

Archived