Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, David said:

Nope. Let’s say Cocu is true but turned us down at the last minute, do you think we would turn round to Frank now as say you can’t leave just yet, see you back in Moor Farm for training whilst I look for another replacement?

Just trying to find ways they can pass off excuses as to why this “done deal” they were claiming weeks ago hasn’t been announced.

We’ve been through Chelsea concerns over experience, his back room team, to Derby needing a replacement first, then FFP, now back round to Derby needing a replacement.

I agree that it is all speculation on behalf of the news world.

I was merely posting the latest in a string of that very stuff. But I guess your 'Nope' means you know more than most???

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I agree that it is all speculation on behalf of the news world.

I was merely posting the latest in a string of that very stuff. But I guess your 'Nope' means you know more than most???

Not that I know more than most, just that I’m not having it as it’s completely unbelievable and makes no sense.

Does any of Derby’s actions be it statements, radio interviews say we are a club that’s delaying this? 

5 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It'll be top bantz from Mel when we announce Cocu before Chelsea announce Lampard.

I mean, you know that’s impossible right? Whilst Lampard is still under contract we can’t appoint another until a termination has been signed off.

In my opinion, Franks signed and all done, the hold up, is Jody Morris and the other staff, Frank wants to take. Mel is probably saying you can have them but we want, Mount, Tommori and ?, this is what I think is holding it up, do they have another year at Derby or stay at Chelsea with Frank, it’s the fine details of “ you can have x but we want y” and it’s the players and maybe Jody Morris holding it up. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

I mean, you know that’s impossible right? Whilst Lampard is still under contract we can’t appoint another until a termination has been signed off.

Well it wasn't an entirely serious comment but - Impossible in what way? Pretty sure we hired a new manager when John Gregory was still in post (but on gardening leave). Is there an EFL regulation that says one manager can't start until another has been terminated?

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Well it wasn't an entirely serious comment but - Impossible in what way? Pretty sure we hired a new manager when John Gregory was still in post (but on gardening leave). Is there an EFL regulation that says one manager can't start until another has been terminated?

Isn't Cocu coming in as Head Coach rather than Manager, as well??

12 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Gardening leave is having your contract terminated/suspended. Frank isn’t on gardening leave despite being excused from training for 2 days.

The club isn’t even allowed to officially approach other managers currently in jobs over the vacancy. 

You have to terminate one before you appoint another, both Fulham and Forest did this on the same day. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we announce a manager be it Cocu or anyone else the same day Lampard leaves. Contract ready to go, just fill in the start date and sign.

We could appoint him as a first team coach I guess with a nudge nudge wink wink, then promote him once Lampard leaves I guess, but I doubt it.

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if there may be a stumbling block in the way here and that the Chelsea appointment might not go through?

Most clubs are keen to announce things as soon as possible - more season ticket sales, more shirts and other stuff.

There's something not quite right here.

Memories of Ian Storey-Moore and all that. Mind, that was Forest playing up.

9 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I'm imagining Frank sat clearing his desk with the odd pause to glance out over the training pitch, wondering if he's doing the right thing. Then in pops Cocu with a hunch backed PA hauling luggage. Frank hears Cocu mutter something inaudible and the assistant starts taking down pictures of Christine and the baby from the walls. 

Just now, IslandExile said:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if there may be a stumbling block in the way here and that the Chelsea appointment might not go through?

Most clubs are keen to announce things as soon as possible - more season ticket sales, more shirts and other stuff.

Chelsea have a waiting list for season ticket sales and release their next seasons shirts at the end of the current season. 

I’m sure they will see a small bump in Lampard 8 printing, but I don’t see any delay being a major concern over sales.

They took their time last year with Sarri, I think we’re just not used to this drawn out process, down here thinks are a little simple, smaller clubs, less people to sign off on deals etc. 

No source, no inside information, purely gut feeling that it will be announced tonight. Our replacement announced shortly after or tomorrow morning. 

Think the club would be aware the clocks ticking for any welcome video to be filmed and edited.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Does make you wonder if there's already a power struggle going on between Frank & Cech - Frank wanting certain guarantees regarding decision making and recruitment which Cech won't agree to? Seemed strange to me that they'd appoint a Director of Football before their new manager had signed....

10 minutes ago, David said:

Gardening leave is having your contract terminated/suspended. Frank isn’t on gardening leave despite being excused from training for 2 days.

The club isn’t even allowed to officially approach other managers currently in jobs over the vacancy. 

You have to terminate one before you appoint another, both Fulham and Forest did this on the same day. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we announce a manager be it Cocu or anyone else the same day Lampard leaves. Contract ready to go, just fill in the start date and sign.

We could appoint him as a first team coach I guess with a nudge nudge wink wink, then promote him once Lampard leaves I guess, but I doubt it.

Gardening leave is being suspended from work whilst retaining your full salary and contract. 

There is nothing to stop Derby County from employing two managers.

Archived