Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Gardening leave is being suspended from work whilst retaining your full salary and contract. 

There is nothing to stop Derby County from employing two managers.

Or has had their contract terminated but on the payroll for the duration.

Lampard is not on gardening leave, hasn’t been suspended or terminated.

You can’t appoint another manager whilst you have one under contract. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm imagining Frank sat clearing his desk with the odd pause to glance out over the training pitch, wondering if he's doing the right thing. Then in pops Cocu with a hunch backed PA hauling luggage. Frank hears Cocu mutter something inaudible and the assistant starts taking down pictures of Christine and the baby from the walls. 

Nope. He has pictures of Terry, Drogba and the Redknapps and no one can convince me otherwise

4 minutes ago, David said:

Or has had their contract terminated but on the payroll for the duration.

Lampard is not on gardening leave, hasn’t been suspended or terminated.

You can’t appoint another manager whilst you have one under contract. 

Where does is say you can't?

51 minutes ago, David said:

I mean, you know that’s impossible right? Whilst Lampard is still under contract we can’t appoint another until a termination has been signed off.

We could hire him as head of catering and just get him to loiter around and wink at Frank a lot.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Club website who's who page has just been taken down.

My guess the announcement is very close.

Club site is down all together, looks like a Cloudflare issue as it’s effecting a number of sites

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Where does is say you can't?

EFL site is down now, but once it’s up I’ll read through. Meanwhile if you can find me any examples where a second manager has been appointed whilst they have one under contract but talking with another club?

Just now, David said:

EFL site is down now, but once it’s up I’ll read through. Meanwhile if you can find me any examples where a second manager has been appointed whilst they have one under contract but talking with another club?

It would be insane. 

Just now, David said:

That's easy, we employed Paul Jewell whilst still paying Billy Davies. It's likely we were still paying both of them when we employed Nigel Clough.

2 minutes ago, David said:

er.... Roy Evans and Gerard Houillier

Ian Dowie and Phil Brown

Martin O'Neill and Sabri Lamoucheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just now, CornwallRam said:

That's easy, we employed Paul Jewell whilst still paying Billy Davies. It's likely we were still paying both of them when we employed Nigel Clough.

You’re missing the point completely, both Davies and Jewell left the club before their replacements were appointed, Lampard has not left the club as of yet so we can’t appoint another manager. 

It’s not about just being on the pay roll, you can have your contract terminated but paid monthly still. Lampard’s contract has not been terminated, he’s simply been excused from training for 2 days.

Just now, David said:

You’re missing the point completely, both Davies and Jewell left the club before their replacements were appointed, Lampard has not left the club as of yet so we can’t appoint another manager. 

It’s not about just being on the pay roll, you can have your contract terminated but paid monthly still. Lampard’s contract has not been terminated, he’s simply been excused from training for 2 days.

Which is not gardening leave, as things stand FL is still at this moment in time manager of DCFC

Archived