Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media has been telling us everything was signed and sealed, and Frank would be earning X amount, with X amount in bonuses etc etc.

Surely the financial compensation due comes last in the negotiations, not first?

English politeness if nothing else.

Are we meant to believe he negotiated a wage before drilling down into the nitty gritty of how his performance would be measured, and what power he would hold?

Total baalocks.

1 minute ago, drgoodspeak said:

For the love of god....

4673EA21-C39E-4167-ACF0-649E4E71A172.gif

@Lander your "wake me up before you go go, who needs Frank when you've go Phil Cocu" post of the day is under threat here.

A couple of gems glittering in the dark these posts! ?

42 minutes ago, Half fan said:

If this is so, Frank is in trouble.

Had he come back from holiday early as he should have done, he could have won these battles last week by telling Chelsea to "play ball" or he would stay at Derby. Had Chelsea refused to grant any assurances he sought, he could have taken training yesterday with a rueful confession but his credibility intact with our players. "Chelsea was my dream but the talks have turned into a nightmare and Derby is demonstrably the better club to be part of etc". Sighs of relief all round (except from Jack the Lad perhaps).

But when Mel excused him training yesterday and today, he must have lost their respect, as he has with some fans, by showing that going to Chelsea at all costs matters more to him than turning up at Moor Farm and honouring his moral and contractual commitment to lead the players into next season from Day 1. There is now no coming back. So he has now lost his bargaining power with Chelsea. 

Mel must be in Meltdown because £7m is slowly slipping off the table despite his sterling efforts. Worse, Philip must see us as a Cocup of which he has no wish to be part. He'll be Schweeping out of town.

One of two things, 1) Compensation for all the staff has taking has been agreed already and Lampard is having pointless discussions on things that won't change whatsoever.

2) Mels trump card is to hold back Jody, Chris and Shay until the compensation there is agreed. Lampard won't want to go in alone, he wants his trusted team behind him, and therefore MM can simply say its pay up or you don't get them.

All cards lie with MM in my eyes now.

Just checked back in here having been working in London today.

Can’t believe he hasn’t gone yet! Make your mind up Frank and get a move on. Don't think I’d want him to continue with us even if the deal collapses at the very last-minute.

19 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Was looking for a suitable repetition gif and came across this. No feckin idea how it's relevant to 'again and again' but thought i'd share it anyway...

giphy.gif

Bit of a slapper.  Wouldn’t be too surprised if it smells a bit fishy down below.

40 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Was looking for a suitable repetition gif and came across this. No feckin idea how it's relevant to 'again and again' but thought i'd share it anyway...

giphy.gif

Connor Sammon's Kinky Honeymoon shots have finally been released!

47 minutes ago, Alpha said:

@Lander your "wake me up before you go go, who needs Frank when you've go Phil Cocu" post of the day is under threat here.

A couple of gems glittering in the dark these posts! ?

Have we still not been able to sing this? Had a few beers and got my hymn sheet at the ready...

Archived