Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

20 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

A lot of people on here are getting extremely frustrated with the prolonged negotiations and just want things done and dusted and just seem to think FL can be put on "gardening leave" and bring a new manager in, unfortunately things don't work like that. As i said earlier i think Chelsea are playing mind games. Leave it long enough so Mel gets rid of Frank to get the new manager in thus saving them £4mill That £4 mill could then be used to bring a player in on loan for a season (still allowed to sign players on loan while under embargo AIUI)

It's looking like it may be the other way around now, and we're trying to get Cocu signed up before the announcement is made.

Also, they can't register players, so they won't be able to sign anyone on loan. That's why they could make the Kovacic signing permanent. He was already registered as a Chelsea player because of the loan.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TZM said:

It's looking like it may be the other way around now, and we're trying to get Cocu signed up before the announcement is made.

Also, they can't register players, so they won't be able to sign anyone on loan. That's why they could make the Kovacic signing permanent. He was already registered as a Chelsea player because of the loan.

That happened yesterday

3 minutes ago, Don't Panic said:

That happened yesterday

That's my point. He was allowed to sign permanently because he was already registered as a Chelsea player for the loan. I didn't word my post very well. :)

36 minutes ago, David said:

You’re missing the point completely, both Davies and Jewell left the club before their replacements were appointed, Lampard has not left the club as of yet so we can’t appoint another manager. 

It’s not about just being on the pay roll, you can have your contract terminated but paid monthly still. Lampard’s contract has not been terminated, he’s simply been excused from training for 2 days.

I didn't say that Lampard was on gardening leave? I'm also not implying the club should or would put Lampard on gardening leave.

I'm just saying that there is nothing to stop Derby County employing another manager before the old one has left.

Clubs will generally try to come up with a compensation package for the outgoing manager if they want to get rid of him, eg paying off 50% of his remaining contract. It saves the club money and leaves the old manager free to find another job. If the outgoing manager won't agree to a compensation package, he is simply relieved of his duties and told not to come to work, but is still under contract. Accordingly, he cannot join another club without the agreement of the club with which he is under contract.

4 minutes ago, TZM said:

Also, they can't register players, so they won't be able to sign anyone on loan. That's why they have made the Kovacic signing permanent. He was already registered as a Chelsea player because of the loan.

no worries - fixed it for you

56 minutes ago, David said:

EFL site is down now, but once it’s up I’ll read through. Meanwhile if you can find me any examples where a second manager has been appointed whilst they have one under contract but talking with another club?

Sarri and Ancelotti last summer 

33 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

A bloke called Scheepers!! - that's called destiny - it has to be true - up the Rams!

20 minutes ago, eddie said:

Pronounced "shapers"...

Not any more, it ain't!  ;-)

We have a forum full of folk who can't even spell managers/players name's right.  Do you really think we are going to start pronouncing foreign names the way they were intended?

61851261.jpg

0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=5yxOkHSbBsLSGUe9

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not any more, it ain't!  ?

We have a forum full of folk who can't even spell managers/players name's right.  Do you really think we are going to start pronouncing foreign names the way they were intended?

61851261.jpg

Keller is a rose by any other name

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not any more, it ain't!  ?

61851261.jpg

Pretty well nailed it.

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Save everyone the bother. Given has apparently turned down the offer to go to Chelsea. Morris and Jones going though. 

#LAD

Given was always my favourite of the new team anyway

Just needs to change the spelling of his name to Schay now

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, inter politics said:

So perhaps Given is staying on

Maybe but it's not a given.

Archived