Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Just now, David said:

Do you think we can put Frank on gardening leave, then demand £4m compensation for a manager we have effectively terminated his contract? 

You can argue it’s only been suspended, but I really don’t see us going down that path for the “banter”, the club has remained respectful throughout, even talking about maintaining the relationship with Chelsea. 

I knew it was going to be one of those days when the Moore or Wassall poll went up, didn’t think it would be one of these days though, you lot are off your heads ?

sorry mate, I was only answering the question about 2 managers being appointed at same time.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The media were reporting that Mel was waiting to sign off on Frank leaving until we had our replacement sorted. Seems like an extremely weak reason to me and it doesn't really make sense, but that is the best the media has managed to cobble together.

Not necessarily - Mel knows that a lot of folk bought into the 'Frank' project and will be very disappointed that he's leaving. Maybe he thinks that by having a new manager signed up (especially if it is Cocu), it will soften the blow.....

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Just now?

These past few hours were the straw that broke Curtains' back ? 

He can't bear to post another URL.

1 hour ago, David said:

Not that I know more than most, just that I’m not having it as it’s completely unbelievable and makes no sense.

Does any of Derby’s actions be it statements, radio interviews say we are a club that’s delaying this? 

Eeer,    I thought you were going back to bed

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

If it transpires that Derby appointing Cocu was the hold up - and that Frank had agreed with Mel that he'd only leave if and when we found a suitable replacement - would there be a massive flurry of apologies from some forum members?

You new here?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Do you think we can put Frank on gardening leave, then demand £4m compensation for a manager we have effectively terminated his contract? 

You can argue it’s only been suspended, but I really don’t see us going down that path for the “banter”, the club has remained respectful throughout, even talking about maintaining the relationship with Chelsea. 

I knew it was going to be one of those days when the Moore or Wassall poll went up, didn’t think it would be one of these days though, you lot are off your heads ?

It’s all those hash cakes them dodgy Dutch geezers  were handing out, outside Pride Park earlier. One of them shouting sheepers barmy army whilst doing a Cruyff turn with a black and white Clog

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think the fact that changes to contract status can happen outside the timeline of announcements is the thing though.

I'm sure he ceased to be Derby manager contractually, hours ago. Probably even yesterday.

True, it’s possible Lampard signed last night and as of today is the Chelsea manager which would leave us free to sign Cocu and announce whilst they fanny around.

I guess it depends on how frustrated the club are with Chelsea, say balls to it we’re announcing Frank has gone whether you’re ready with your big reveal or not. 

Don't see it myself, had it been fighting talk throughout and anger thrown at Chelsea then yes but you heard Mel on Wednesday, he’s been respectful throughout.

If we work with this scenario that Cocu has signed today, he could have taken training, been around introduced himself with the RamsTV cameras off and started work with the scouts going through the list of targets. Announcement delays wouldn’t have any real negative effect, in fact probably give us more time to get a fancy video filmed and edited.

2 minutes ago, David said:

True, it’s possible Lampard signed last night and as of today is the Chelsea manager which would leave us free to sign Cocu and announce whilst they fanny around.

I guess it depends on how frustrated the club are with Chelsea, say balls to it we’re announcing Frank has gone whether you’re ready with your big reveal or not. 

Don't see it myself, had it been fighting talk throughout and anger thrown at Chelsea then yes but you heard Mel on Wednesday, he’s been respectful throughout.

If we work with this scenario that Cocu has signed today, he could have taken training, been around introduced himself with the RamsTV cameras off and started work with the scouts going through the list of targets. Announcement delays wouldn’t have any real negative effect, in fact probably give us more time to get a fancy video filmed and edited.

I agree 100% 

I was just throwing out the insight that contract statuses change outside of the public perceived timeline, I didn't mean to throw my lot in with all the gardening leave talk ? 

11 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

A bloke called Scheepers!! - that's called destiny - it has to be true - up the Rams!

Pronounced "shapers" - perhaps he will bring out his own line of dietary supplements.

Archived