Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

9 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I couldn't agree more but the question is, if Mel/DCFC withdraw the offer allowing Frank to talk to Chelsea we are then in an impasse, do DCFC let him continue as manager knowing full well he doesn't want to be here, before anyone says how do you know he doesn't want to be here he would have turned up yesterday to take charge of training showing his declaration that he is still manager of DCFC. How long do you put him on gardening leave, how can you employ another manager when you already have one albeit one that "lacks enthusiasm". No doubt that would be construed as constructive dismissal 

I say bung 'im in the garden for the remainder of his contract... come hail, snow and soaring heat!! 
I say "wotever" to hints of constructive dismissal! 
If Frank is "Manager", My new guy would be "Head Coach"! 
I'd spend my last nickel on making this happen, and happily die full of regrets!

Did I mention... I ain't a businessman!  Thought it only fair to point that out!  :-)  

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You are correct, Chelsea are only interested in doing whats best for Chelsea and we don't merit any consideration whatsoever, any team would be the same and until Chelsea come to a decision we are limbo. Perhaps Mel has made a mistake by saying he has given Frank permission to speak to them, to them this might be the Green light that Derby want things sown up quickly so therefore if we hang it out Mel will release Frank from his contract therefore negating any compensation. Pure speculation of course

I hope that's not true (but it has crossed my mind.)

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Grow up, do you think Chelsea are worried about upsetting Mel,don't be silly all they care about is Chelsea, they hold all the cards and Mel knows that. They probably want to drag it out long enough so that Mel has no option but to sack Frank (so he can get another manager in with players now having reported back for training) and therefore saving £4mill in compo

I very much doubt this.

Chelsea have reputedly got  5Mil in compensation for Sarri.

I am sure they are happy to get Frank, pass on 4 Mil and bank 1 Mil

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You are correct, Chelsea are only interested in doing whats best for Chelsea and we don't merit any consideration whatsoever, any team would be the same and until Chelsea come to a decision we are limbo. Perhaps Mel has made a mistake by saying he has given Frank permission to speak to them, to them this might be the Green light that Derby want things sown up quickly so therefore if we hang it out Mel will release Frank from his contract therefore negating any compensation. Pure speculation of course

I doubt that very much, losing £4-£7 mil? I don’t think so

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I say bung 'im in the garden for the remainder of his contract... come hail, snow and soaring heat!! 
I say "wotever" to hints of constructive dismissal! 
If Frank is "Manager", My new guy would be "Head Coach"! 
I'd spend my last nickel on making this happen, and happily die full of regrets!

Did I mention... I ain't a businessman!  Thought it only fair to point that out!  ?

Yes i can see that Mucker, that's not a dig by the way but unfortunately football is business now days not sport but big business. Gardener employed for 2 years for £4mill?

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think Chelsea are taking the piss at all. I just think we are so inconsequential in their thinking that we don't merit consideration.

I didn't say they were/are.  I said "It''s getting very close to the point where I would consider..."

I'm a very patient man, with very positive/upbeat genes, so in reality, replace "Very close" with "a good few weeks away yet"!  ;-)

In fact, I'm thoroughly enjoying this close-season more than most, what with the forum being extremely entertaining!  Beats having to read about bloody cricket!  :-)

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I very much doubt this.

Chelsea have reputedly got  5Mil in compensation for Sarri.

I am sure they are happy to get Frank, pass on 4 Mil and bank 1 Mil

Its only £4 mill if they arent paying compo for Jody and the rest of the gang. None of the rest have release clauses, but i doubt we will be getting nothing for them what with them ending contracts early.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Yes i can see that Mucker, that's not a dig by the way but unfortunately football is business now days not sport but big business. Gardener employed for 2 years for £4mill?

Oh wait... I thought "Gardening leave" was the same as "Suspended without pay"!

I'll have a re-think.  I'll get back to you... probably within 48 hours!  :-)

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its only £4 mill if they arent paying compo for Jody and the rest of the gang. None of the rest have release clauses, but i doubt we will be getting nothing for them what with them ending contracts early.

OH really? I wasn't aware the rest don't have release contracts.

How very silly especially for Jodie knowing full well Frank would be poached at sometime and he would follow him any where?

I assume this is common knowledge?

However I was still only talking about Frank v Sarri and compensation

20 minutes ago, GenBr said:

eh?

Quite a few on here have got that wrong if you are correct.  How do you know this?

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Media reporting that, although Lampard has agreed a contract, it could be announced as late as Wednesday.

Is the delay because they are still producing the announcement video - still thinking we will be surprised - or because they are consoling DoF Cech "Don't worry Petr, we'll let you make a decision soon..." or is there an issue with the compensation package if they take Wassall?

Evening Standard, one hour ago, says it should be done by..... Friday!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/frank-lampard-to-chelsea-transfer-interest-Derby-manager-what-we-know-a4180311.html

30 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Yet we are apparently doing the same with Martin for at least the same?

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/02/Derby-phillip-cocu-replace-frank-lampard-manager-chelsea

According to the Guardian. Cocu deal is close, but Mel won't sign off on Franks release until a replacement has been secured.

I guess this could be attributed to the delay.

Nope. Let’s say Cocu is true but turned us down at the last minute, do you think we would turn round to Frank now as say you can’t leave just yet, see you back in Moor Farm for training whilst I look for another replacement?

Just trying to find ways they can pass off excuses as to why this “done deal” they were claiming weeks ago hasn’t been announced.

We’ve been through Chelsea concerns over experience, his back room team, to Derby needing a replacement first, then FFP, now back round to Derby needing a replacement.

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

eh?

Quite a few on here have got that wrong if you are correct.  How do you know this?

I haven't seen anyone suggesting that anyone other than Frank would have a release clause.

The media reported that the rest didnt have one including Jody. However as i have said previously in this thread just because they dont have release clauses doesnt mean they can just leave free of charge. Chelsea have to agree some form of compo with Derby for everyone they take or they will be liable for inducement to breach contract. They amount just isnt specifically written in their contracts like it is for Frank.

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Friday, no deal. We have something/ someone they want. There’s nothing stating we must sell. Screw em they’ve had weeks to sort this, fek em off

Archived