Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

44 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

For those that laughed at this , its all JUST A BIG COINCIDENCE aint it pmsl ? all done and dusted yesterday who would have thought it.

Strange font. Was Lampard locked in your basement until July 1st and this is the same font you used for the ransom note?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

For those that laughed at this , its all JUST A BIG COINCIDENCE aint it pmsl ? all done and dusted yesterday who would have thought it.

I highly doubt that anyone using the term "pmsl" fully understands the inner workings of FFP/P&S.

Just now, David said:

Fair play, you see where I’m going though right?

I’m not a cold hearted person, I love a bit of sentiment, the hero return, but you can’t go purely off it. 

We only have to look down the road where they tried with Platt, Pearce, O’Neill. Another time things might have worked out differently, but if you was to ask a Forest fan what their thoughts of Pearce was now, they wouldn’t go straight for the memories of one of the best left backs the country has seen, but the disaster of a manager he was.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Lampard could do anything now that would tarnish his legendary status, Chelsea would get rid before anything went too wrong, but boy will hit hurt to see him sacked if it does go wrong.

If you had substiuted Darren Moore for Igor, it would have been a more difficult choice for me. He is a realistic target, and it's quite possible that Philip Cocu is just a name that plopped out of a journalist's backside while browsing Twitter. I'm sentimental, but within realistic limitations.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember being told Igor often said nasty things to players of a certain colour during games, I didn't quite believe it.

I didn't either - until his stupid tweet.

Although I think Chelsea/ Lampard need to hurry up and get things sorted so he can go now for the good of our club and our season, I will still wish him well and hope he does great things at Chelsea. 

I hadn't really got an opinion of him before he came here but I have found him a warm and enthusiastic leader and would have gladly kept him before pre-season started. I haven't changed that opinion of him because of the circumstances, frustrating as they are. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

Fair play, you see where I’m going though right?

I’m not a cold hearted person, I love a bit of sentiment, the hero return, but you can’t go purely off it. 

We only have to look down the road where they tried with Platt, Pearce, O’Neill. Another time things might have worked out differently, but if you was to ask a Forest fan what their thoughts of Pearce was now, they wouldn’t go straight for the memories of one of the best left backs the country has seen, but the disaster of a manager he was.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Lampard could do anything now that would tarnish his legendary status, Chelsea would get rid before anything went too wrong, but boy will hit hurt to see him sacked if it does go wrong.

How about he does a half decent job then gets offered Man City or Man U ,Barca and takes something like that as Chelsea are not getting the Roman rubule they once were? May tarnish a bit then and personally I believe he would be off like a shot

1 minute ago, Archied said:

How about he does a half decent job then gets offered Man City or Man U ,Barca and takes something like that as Chelsea are getting the Roman rubule they once were? May tarnish a bit then and personally I believe he would be off like a shot

I don’t think he would leave Chelsea for another club in this country. Barça, Real or the England job possibly, but not United or City.

1 minute ago, David said:

I don’t think he would leave Chelsea for another club in this country. Barça, Real or the England job possibly, but not United or City.

Really? Perhaps he could spin it as a loan spell 

2 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

He's just made the biggest c*ck up of his life going there now 

How could you possibly know that?

1 hour ago, David said:

Let’s say Frank Lampard played for 10 clubs in his career, bit of a journeyman with the most games played, 40, at Charlton.

Not a chance. It really doesn’t get much more sentimental than this. 

If he had been a journeyman playing 40 games at Charlton, he clearly wouldn't have got the Derby job though, regardless of how impressive his interview was.

There's a very strong sentimental aspect yes, but just because he wouldn't have got the job if he wasn't a Chelsea legend doesn't mean that other factors don't play into it. The sentimentality feeds into the pragmatism in that it will give the club a lift and that he will command respect from the Chelsea players, for a good while at least. If you think that the likes of Wilder and Farke would be respected by the Chelsea players, you're deluded. It's not the way it should be, but it's how it is.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he had been a journeyman playing 40 games at Charlton, he clearly wouldn't have got the Derby job though, regardless of how impressive his interview was.

There's a very strong sentimental aspect yes, but just because he wouldn't have got the job if he wasn't a Chelsea legend doesn't mean that other factors don't play into it. The sentimentality feeds into the pragmatism in that it will give the club a lift and that he will command respect from the Chelsea players, for a good while at least. If you think that the likes of Wilder and Farke would be respected by the Chelsea players, you're deluded. It's not the way it should be, but it's how it is.

Hold up, hold up, you’re jumping in pre accusing me of being deluded by making a statement I haven’t even made, far too much sugar on your Cheerios this morning!

All I said is those managers would have jumped at the chance to take the Chelsea job, I never said the players would respect it. For what it’s worth I’m not entirely sure the entire dressing room will respect the appointment of Lampard either.

I have also already acknowledged the bit in bold a few posts back now. 

To be honest you’re not even disagreeing with anything I have written, if you go back to look where I jumped in, it was simply to disagree with this being a sentimental appointment which you have also said has “a very strong sentimental aspect”.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Coco Pops actually?

Guess I shouldn’t have pre accused you of being a Cheerio eater. Thought I might have come across as being deluded by thinking you were an All Bran kinda guy so played it safe with Cheerios. My apologies.

Archived