Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This is clearly all engineered to destabilise us ahead of the game, Sky did it with Lawrence, it was them fuelling the speculation that Lawrence could have been suspended for diving.  Now they are fuelling speculation that Lampard is going. Almost like they have it in for us?

If we don't get promoted I can actually see Frank wanting to stay, the gentleman that he is, I think he would only leave when his job is done.

If we went up I actually think he would find it easier to leave with the fans best wishes.

They're fueling the Terry to Boro story too to be fair

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Does all seem to be based on "Chelsea have decided" and not "Chelsea and Lampard have agreed".

Granted, its unlikely he'd turn them down, and unlikely Mel would be objectionable provided he's compensated.

Let’s hope there is a Rowett (minimum) sized compensation clause in his contract .  Two managers in two seasons and about £4m in the bank would soften the blow (although wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ‘Chelsea’ clause somewhere!)

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Let’s hope there is a Rowett (minimum) sized compensation clause in his contract .  Two managers in two seasons and about £4m in the bank would soften the blow (although wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ‘Chelsea’ clause somewhere!)

Wouldn't soften the blow at all for me. We can't have managers keep coming in and signing players to suit their style of play only to leave.

If we're using that model, we need a proper director of football.

I could understand him going if the Chelsea job came up, but I'd be gutted.  I've not known a time in recent history when the club has felt so united. Other clubs fans criticising him saying he needs to start acting like a manager and not act like one of the players - I think that's what has galvanised the spirit, he genuinely understands the players, they still look up to him as a player and not just the gaffer.  I might be deluded, but it does feel (to quote Rama) something special is happening at the club. I just want it to continue a bit longer! 

If they do get rid of Sarri and offer him the job, he will go. No doubt about it.

He's a legend at that club and will get time from the fans that no manager has had since Mourinho.

He'll work with their academy (finally) and won't kick up a fuss with the transfer ban. He's the only manager Chelsea fans would put up with if they've got to go through a year or two of finishing outside the top four.

And we, as Derby fans, would be silly to kick up a fuss. It's his dream job. Fair play to him. 

3 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I hope he does go thinking about it. He then sells us Tomori and Mount for a combined 50p fee, then resigns and comes to Derby.

Like the good old Championship Manager days.

And replay Monday’s game 50 times until we get the result we want?

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

I hope he does go thinking about it. He then sells us Tomori and Mount for a combined 50p fee, then resigns and comes to Derby.

Like the good old Championship Manager days.

Bloody hell -99 million rep, and I thought I was the most hated bloke on here 

19 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

You can hear it now can’t you? Sky asking him on Monday about the Chelsea job. That’ll really be a kick in the teeth. Why can’t they leave us to enjoy what our club is doing for a few more days 

Because Sky always need a story.

Can hear the interviewer on the pitch....”So Frank now you have taken Derby up, who do you plan signings for Chelsea in the summer” ?

On 22/05/2019 at 11:18, David said:

Talking of odds, the best odds you can get for Sarri now are

Juventus 4/1 and Roma 6/1 and Inter 20/1 at Paddy Power 

Juventus 7/2 at Skybet

Sarri even favourite anywhere with the bookies for any of the 3 jobs, yet somehow Lampard is the favourite for the Chelsea job, a position that without his departure doesn’t even exist.

Go figure.

Keep hearing people say the bookies are never wrong......well I’m just glad they gave me 5-1 last Wednesday to beat Leeds and 14-1 to go up ?

Archived