Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If we lose on Monday Lampard won’t take charge of the first game next season. Of that I’m fairly certain. If we win, unless Chelsea come calling, I think he’ll stay. There’s nothing to suggest Chelsea will sack Sarri so unless he walks and leaves to Italy I don’t think that’s likely just yet. We go up and he stays for another year, but he’ll leave eventually if he’s good enough.

That’s insane! I’m more confident of Lampard staying if we don’t go up. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of knee jerk reactions here to me. Sounds like he wants to be respectful to both us and Chelsea but also not willing to give the media the time of day on this story they've made up for clicks and views.

I'm confident he'll at least see next season out regardless of division. Not a chance in hell he leaves if we go up.

I think this thread although apt because is genuine news is negative ...we have a massive game on Monday and after hearing Frank today say he won’t talk about it maybe we should follow suit .....Forum has been positive and uplifting and this can wait for after Monday these sort of rumours can derail things as only we know too well ....COYR 

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

If we lose on Monday Lampard won’t take charge of the first game next season. Of that I’m fairly certain. If we win, unless Chelsea come calling, I think he’ll stay.

Are you a friend of FL , or do you have special contacts? Otherwise what is the basis for your first sentence - it doesn't make sense that you separate the possibility of FL leaving from his going to Chelsea. We need to recognise that there will be a strong pull for him to go to Chelsea, even if it means him ditching what might be seen as his managerial career plan. His ties to Chelsea could might override everything else. 

But FL does seem to have an intelligence, integrity and ability in a combination missing from our other recent managers( whatever their other abilities were). So nothing is guaranteed. He could decide to put on one side the immediate draw of going to Chelsea now because of the well stated reasons for delay.

I don't believe that we know what will happen at this stage and it is likely that FL will not know either, until after Monday. the feelings of the rest of his managerial team will also be important.

Sith Happens
13 hours ago, eddie said:

In before "Waaaahhh, Newcastle, Steve McClaren, he hasn't denied it etc"

Isn't it strange though how people criticised McClaren for the way he handled the Newcastle speculation, but not doing so of Frank.

Both are handling it in exactly the same fashion, making it clear where their focus is but not ruling anything out.

I am not saying we should criticise BTW, of course Frank will want to leave his options open, just as McClaren would have wanted to. Frank wont want to say no i am not going, because of Chelsea come knocking he will at least want to give it consideration and may well go if we get promoted or not.

Just makes me smile how much vitriol McClaren received for saying exactly the same things, unfairly IMO.

Interesting to note that all the media around us, leading up to this game, has been based around Lampard and the Chelsea job or Middlesbrough suing us.

All the media around Villa has been about how good Tyrone Mings is or how much Jack Grealish loves his club.

Think we know who the MSM wants to win...

13 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Isn't it strange though how people criticised McClaren for the way he handled the Newcastle speculation, but not doing so of Frank.

Both are handling it in exactly the same fashion, making it clear where their focus is but not ruling anything out.

I am not saying we should criticise BTW, of course Frank will want to leave his options open, just as McClaren would have wanted to. Frank wont want to say no i am not going, because of Chelsea come knocking he will at least want to give it consideration and may well go if we get promoted or not.

Just makes me smile how much vitriol McClaren received for saying exactly the same things, unfairly IMO.

The difference was we were on a dire run during the Newcastle rumours and things seemed to suddenly fall off a cliff.

In hindsight, looking at his managerial career we should have known when things go wrong, he can't turn it around.

11 hours ago, Saity said:

I think this thread although apt because is genuine news is negative ...we have a massive game on Monday and after hearing Frank today say he won’t talk about it maybe we should follow suit .....Forum has been positive and uplifting and this can wait for after Monday these sort of rumours can derail things as only we know too well ....COYR 

Whilst I don’t disagree with you, shutting ourselves away from this would be naive. Even if there’s absolutely no truth in this , sky are pushing this story hard so there’s no escaping this unfortunately, it appears they’re trying to destabilise us before the game. I even had sky news on this morning, yes sky news not even sky sports news, and they mentioned how Lampard won’t be drawn into or comment on “heavy speculation” linking him with the Chelsea job. Like I said earlier in this thread, nobody outside of the “top 6” premier league clubs matter. If it was up to sky, every other club might as well dissolve their clubs and we should all be good sheep and support the magnificent top 6 clubs, praising them even when we are sleeping.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Interesting to note that all the media around us, leading up to this game, has been based around Lampard and the Chelsea job or Middlesbrough suing us.

All the media around Villa has been about how good Tyrone Mings is or how much Jack Grealish loves his club.

Think we know who the MSM wants to win...

These will be the scenes in the sky box if villa win:

England-983454.jpg?r=1533047957352

And if Derby Win:

7fe6b-1510646300-800.jpg

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The difference was we were on a dire run during the Newcastle rumours and things seemed to suddenly fall off a cliff.

In hindsight, looking at his managerial career we should have known when things go wrong, he can't turn it around.

Which of course was nothing to do with the ridiculous injuries we had. The rumours started when we were Top, not during the poor run.

The only people that made it an issue were the media, mostly RD.

If we lose 5-0 monday and Frank turns up at Chelsea will he receive the same Vitriol?

33 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Absolutely spot on. I don’t want to be negative but if we had lost to Leeds and we all wasn’t so loved up with Wembley, going on FL’s answers to the Chelsea questions in yesterday’s press conference, we would be telling him to go and have sex with himself.

I think MM knows if somehow we win on Monday and Chelsea lose in Baku next Wednesday, Chelsea will come knocking. If we lose on Monday, I’m not so sure if Chelsea will approach (fickle I know)

Best all round is we win and Chelsea win, but saying that van Gaal got sacked after winning a major cup?

i just hope it isn’t derailing us ?

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Which of course was nothing to do with the ridiculous injuries we had. The rumours started when we were Top, not during the poor run.

The only people that made it an issue were the media, mostly RD.

If we lose 5-0 monday and Frank turns up at Chelsea will he receive the same Vitriol?

I know we had injuries. My point was the anger started where we started to lose. No one cares what is happening behind the scenes as long as you are winning. Few were bothered about the 3 Amigos until we were dire the year after Burley lead us to playoffs.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Absolutely spot on. I don’t want to be negative but if we had lost to Leeds and we all wasn’t so loved up with Wembley, going on FL’s answers to the Chelsea questions in yesterday’s press conference, we would be telling him to go and have sex with himself.

I think MM knows if somehow we win on Monday and Chelsea lose in Baku next Wednesday, Chelsea will come knocking. If we lose on Monday, I’m not so sure if Chelsea will approach (fickle I know)

Best all round is we win and Chelsea win, but saying that van Gaal got sacked after winning a major cup?

i just hope it isn’t derailing us ?

I dont think it will be, i dont think it did back in McClarens days. It was just the injuries were too much. Doesnt matter what back up plan you have if the injuries are key then its going to affect you. Look at our form when Mount was out. No question in my mind had he not recovered when he did we wouldnt be going to Wembley on Monday.

If Chelsea do come knocking, and I am not convinced they are, i still think its one of those if someone talks about it eventually people take it as fact, I wouldnt blame Frank for going. I think its too early but who is to say when the next chance may come along?

Personally i think if he goes, he will be back being a pundit this time next year. Chelsea have a shocking record with managers (dont we all mind), a poor run of form and sentiment will be out the window.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know we had injuries. My point was the anger started where we started to lose. No one cares what is happening behind the scenes as long as you are winning. Few were bothered about the 3 Amigos until we were dire the year after Burley lead us to playoffs.

But it was different. We were winning and he was being criticised for not out and out ruling it out. I recall some of the RD interviews even in January when things looked good. I dont recall the media being quite so pushy with Frank on his avoidance of the question.

If i remember though Stevie Mac was sort of pushed into giving a reaction to the speculation because he said nothing....but eventually  did

Frank   said i do not want to talk about it because everything is focused on monday and he's right....talking about Chelsea or any other matter is not what he or anyone should be thinking about.....just monday.....no distractions...why should Frank dismiss the Chelsea job when he said he'll be sitting down with MM at the end of the season to discuss our plans and that was happening regardless of if we'd made the play offs or not 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Saity said:

If i remember though Stevie Mac was sort of pushed into giving a reaction to the speculation because he said nothing....but eventually  did

Frank   said i do not want to talk about it because everything is focused on monday and he's right....talking about Chelsea or any other matter is not what he or anyone should be thinking about.....just monday.....no distractions...why should Frank dismiss the Chelsea job when he said he'll be sitting down with MM at the end of the season to discuss our plans and that was happening regardless of if we'd made the play offs or not 

Im not saying Frank should dismiss it. Im just stating how two similar situations are viewed differently. No Steve didnt want to say anything, all he said was his focus is Derby and he didnt want to get drawn. No different to Frank.

Some may think rumours don't have an affect but they do ... watching the skysports article on DCFC and Frank it clearly looks like he's instilled a policy of trust and friendship helping each other out and creating a close knit group like a family and everyone enjoying training etc.....how would that be seen if Frank was thinking of going elsewhere ? it might do more harm than good ...so dismissing it out of hand by not talking about it and being fully focused on monday is surely the right thing to do.....what happens after monday happens 

Archived