Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tbf I was referring to the broadcast channel sky sports news, not the actual website. Think it was the presenter Mike Wedderburn who mentioned it this morning? First Cech, John Terry and Frank Lampard next, with Chelsea aiming to get their golden generation back together for next season. That’s what brought my attention back to this thread to see if there was any updates or any on social media which is what brought my attention to Di marzio, might have been mike having a bit of fun to stir the pot as he’s been known to do in the past. 

The two biggest names, no mention of Makele though who is said to be in talks over a role at the club. They were also running the Terry v Lampard play off final angle earlier in the day.

Also

Di Marzio, the only story that mentions Sarri and Lampard was 2 days ago which I posted earlier, he has since posted a picture of a front page which says Juventus have called Sarri to check on his availability. 

Not sure if I buy that, not days before a major final. 

So much speculation about a number of players and managers at the minute covering all bases, honestly it’s not even worth reading. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank is Loyal, Frank is staying, Frank is Derby. 

Im sure he knows deep down that could be the worst possible move for him right now. 

His relationship with Morris seems solid and they have the chance to build something special. 

At Chelsea what are the chances he would stay longer than 2 years? Where would he move too then?? 

He loves us, we love him, let’s start a family. 

7 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Frank is Loyal, Frank is staying, Frank is Derby. 

Im sure he knows deep down that could be the worst possible move for him right now. 

His relationship with Morris seems solid and they have the chance to build something special. 

At Chelsea what are the chances he would stay longer than 2 years? Where would he move too then?? 

He loves us, we love him, let’s start a family. 

?

James Horncastle said the other day that Conte and Inzaghi would be ahead of Sarri in the priority for Juve, with the former not requiring a payout.

Would be truly shocking for Sarri to leave for Juve at this stage, I think. More shocking than it would be for Lampard to leave us for Chelsea.

I turned on Talk Sport earlier today and Jim White made it sound like this is a done deal and we should know more by Monday night. Also, it's worth noting that the betting odds are next to nothing 1.22 - arguably on the cusp of suspending the market. 

It will not be nice to lose yet another manager, but no better way of going out than winning promotion. All the best to the bloke if he moves on. 

I guess it depends on what backing financially Mel has promised him.

I can’t see him going myself, and think it’s all talk designed to get Aston Villa and Lampard into the prem at the same time.

Mainly lead by the media.

1 minute ago, SouthStandDan said:

Tuned into Talksport. News bulletin headline. Glen Johnson thinks Lamps isn't ready for the Chelsea job.

Duck me, slow news day chaps.

Well that’s that then, what ever happened to Glen anyway?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Football is a business where nothing is final until its final.

To be honest, if he goes to Chelsea it's fine. It'd more annoying if he went to some rubbish club in the same division like Stoke.

Exactly right - someday he will manage Chelsea

but for now - he could express his career massively 2/3 years if he masterminded us a win on Monday

And we are not complaining, he’s s winner - and we like being part of it 

The rumours are seemingly gathering pace and there’s no smoke without fire and all that (particularly if Jim White is getting in on it, he always seems to know what he is on about).  Might have to revise my earlier comments ☹️.

Whatever happens on Monday, it will be a shame if he goes.  Not necessarily because he has done such a fabulous job, but rather because I want to see a manager come in a build something over time.  I think Frank has started to do this by bringing some of the kids through (even if only on the bench) and it would be great to see it evolve.  Would be a shame to have to see what yet another new manager will do.

Oh well. It hasn’t happened yet.

Of course he will go but the question is when. Whatever happens on Monday I just hope we can have one more year. The squad list will be cleaned up, some more youth will be playing first team football and there will be a foundation. 

11 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The rumours are seemingly gathering pace and there’s no smoke without fire and all that (particularly if Jim White is getting in on it, he always seems to know what he is on about).  Might have to revise my earlier comments ☹️.

Whatever happens on Monday, it will be a shame if he goes.  Not necessarily because he has done such a fabulous job, but rather because I want to see a manager come in a build something over time.  I think Frank has started to do this by bringing some of the kids through (even if only on the bench) and it would be great to see it evolve.  Would be a shame to have to see what yet another new manager will do.

Oh well. It hasn’t happened yet.

In the football media world, there's an infinite amount of smoke without fire, it's a completely useless phrase in that context.

Not saying it isn't happening, I don't know anyone involved to be sure, but assuming something must be happening based on the wisdom of a proverb that is easily subverted by many of the people in the industry is simply an easy way to get yourself worked up over nothing.

Take away Sarri and Lampard for a minute, ban the media from discussing the pair of them and this possible Chelsea job.

What else do they have to talk about right now?

Whats the big football stories that they can focus on? Nothing.

The Boro job? Swansea? That’s not going to draw many listeners/readers in.

This is clearly all engineered to destabilise us ahead of the game, Sky did it with Lawrence, it was them fuelling the speculation that Lawrence could have been suspended for diving.  Now they are fuelling speculation that Lampard is going. Almost like they have it in for us?

If we don't get promoted I can actually see Frank wanting to stay, the gentleman that he is, I think he would only leave when his job is done.

If we went up I actually think he would find it easier to leave with the fans best wishes.

Archived