Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you win on Monday. It's not just good wishes to the Rams but I don't like Villa anyway. At the start of the season after Frank had been put in the job, I put £10 on Derby to be promoted so I've got a little side interest.

As far as Frank is concerned I think you should know that he's pretty good mates with Abramovich.  Sarri has been dire this season. Bad football, no team motivation, continual excuses. So for Chelsea's sake I hope Frank moves. For your sake I hope he doesn't.

Best of luck at Wembley.

I’d be so sad, on so many different levels. I just hope it doesn’t happen until next year

Frank is destined to go to Chelsea at some point, no one with a heart or soul would deny him that. He’d love it, they’d love it.

I just feel that for Frank in terms of his development it must be beneficial to get a stable 2 years in one place under your belt, how else can you really see if your ideas and philosophies bear sweet fruit. ?

Yes this also has a selfish element, we have had so many changes in recent years, no philosophy has had chance to settle, Frank for another season (promotion or not) would be so so fundamentally right. He and Jody must know the young players coming through, must know who will leave when contracts expire .. he will have the best of informed clean slates for some time. 

Please Frank ... one more year, for the good of the game, for you own self knowledge and for DCFC who have taken you on board as a Ram. 

Frank has been a revelation for us, no doubt about it. But the ethos he has brought in, perhaps Jody Morris could carry on his good work. I'd rather have Jody than a completely new manager, at least then he'd have very good ties to Lamps at Chelsea and a working knowledge of how we play best. 

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Frank has been a revelation for us, no doubt about it. But the ethos he has brought in, perhaps Jody Morris could carry on his good work. I'd rather have Jody than a completely new manager, at least then he'd have very good ties to Lamps at Chelsea and a working knowledge of how we play best. 

Don't for a minute think Lampard will go this summer, no matter what happens on Monday. If and when he does leave he will definitely take Morris with him - why wouldn't he, knows him and trusts him.

Rob Dorsett with some real insight there. 

Mel said he will fight to keep Frank... which is what most chairman would say about a manager they are satisfied with.

He said there's been no approach from Chelsea... but we're talking about it anyway

And Mel expects him to go to Chelsea one day... as did everyone as soon as he put himself forward for the Ipswich and Derby job.

Cheers Rob. Real groundbreaking waste of time there

17 minutes ago, David said:

Better to listen to the man himself than read journalists take on the situation. 

He was asked right at the start of the press conference, link below.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/05/lampard-addresses-media-ahead-of-play-off-final

Why can't they just fook off and hang around Stamford Bridge.

It's not about Chelsea. Its Derby v Villa in a huge game for Lampard, Smith and all their players never mind the finances of both clubs. 

They turn up with a list of questions that they know 100% wont get answered conclusively because half of the poo is theoretical. 

"If Chelsea offered you the job"... ffs

Rob, if your missus was getting nailed by the postman would you leave her? 

Yes? SKY JOURNALIST THREATENS TO LEAVE WIFE AND KIDS

No? REPORTER DENIES RIFT WITH WIFE

Not relevant? Neither are Chelsea you big club bum sniffing parasites. 

"I just ask the questions people are talking about"... the classic journalist response to justify why they're being dick heads. You go around with your daggers looking to get a reaction and then report the reaction but forget to announce you're also a provocative dildo. 

Let Derby and Villa have their day. Let Frank enjoy where he is. Show Sarri some respect. 

I mean ffs. Do they really think Frank is focusing on the Chelsea job right now? No. They just want a good poo stir to fill that colourful toilet paper. 

Stick to sucking off Paul Pogba. Giving Sanchez and handjob. Finger blasting Salah and sniffing De Bruyne's pants. Maybe carry on being vile to Sterling and he'll make you all look right mugs again and again and again and again. Remember you all cried because he said you might be racist? Lol. Don't like it back do they. Pooooond liiiiiife! 

43 minutes ago, David said:

Better to listen to the man himself than read journalists take on the situation. 

He was asked right at the start of the press conference, link below.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/05/lampard-addresses-media-ahead-of-play-off-final

Sounds quite pissed off about it all to be fair. Rob Dorsett being a cockhole basically. 

If Chelsea have approached Frank in any capacity ,they should go and F#ck  themselves.Any distractions before our season has finished is unprofessional and they should respect the club ,players and staff at this time.

If we lose on Monday Lampard won’t take charge of the first game next season. Of that I’m fairly certain. If we win, unless Chelsea come calling, I think he’ll stay. There’s nothing to suggest Chelsea will sack Sarri so unless he walks and leaves to Italy I don’t think that’s likely just yet. We go up and he stays for another year, but he’ll leave eventually if he’s good enough.

It would be a shame on many levels if FL chucked in his job at Derby at the end of this season.

Have to remember that actually Frank was fortunate to be given the Derby job, a great club, fantastic fan base and a supportive chairman. Frank in return, has lifted DCFC to a higher level, not just on the pitch but in the way the club is perceived by the all important media.

The job at Chelsea is border line a poisoned chalice at present and I envisage they will probably go through a succession of managers as they struggle to keep pace with ManCity, Liverpool and Spurs. Not sure if Frank could bring the success that the Chelsea fans feel is a divine right.

So it could perhaps end in disappointment for all concerned.

Archived