Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Was really hoping there might be some movement on this today. Not looking likely at this stage, as you'd of expected reports to have come out by now if there was going to be any announcement. 

3fcc905d-a6eb-4f4f-b15c-e38b0bef41a7_1.a

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

That's why I got a cordless Dyson. Hoovering them up from afar, I felt like a Ghostbuster.

heh - thought that was just me.

Now there is two of us we must make sure we do not cross the streams lol

Frank and the team due back at Moor Farm tomorrow. The players on Monday.

Either Monday will be the opportunity to say thank you and goodbye to the players, or it will be day to say we've thought about it and we believe in you and what we're building here, and we're going to stay.

Basically, surely we'll know one way or the other by Monday evening?

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would he go on gardening leave?

If his intention is to join Chelsea but they continue to drag the process out (Roman cannot dock his yacht or whatever, Marina cannot find a pen), he won't be expected to do the pre-season training at Derby, surely.

Someone said Chelsea players are not due back until July 5th, maybe they want to wait until then. Or, in these times, maybe it takes a week to shoot the announcement video (and we all have to act 'surprised').

4 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

Isnt July 1st when our company year and accordingly ffp year starts? 

I didn't buy into that idea but it would explain why, when the world and his dog know that he's going, Mel - who surely must know - was insisting, presumably for legal reasons, that he didn't know.

Archived