Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If his intention is to join Chelsea but they continue to drag the process out (Roman cannot dock his yacht or whatever, Marina cannot find a pen), he won't be expected to do the pre-season training at Derby, surely.

Someone said Chelsea players are not due back until July 5th, maybe they want to wait until then. Or, in these times, maybe it takes a week to shoot the announcement video (and we all have to act 'surprised').

They should get on with it, waiting  around isn't helping anybody. Complete shambles.

7 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Chelsea need to HURRY UP and appoint Frank, what a joke this is turning out to be. 

4 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

They should get on with it, waiting  around isn't helping anybody. Complete shambles.

Patience, sweetie.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I didn't buy into that idea but it would explain why, when the world and his dog know that he's going, Mel - who surely must know - was insisting, presumably for legal reasons, that he didn't know.

Do you mean Steve Gibson? 

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Had the last two days off work ill - anything happen in here of interest?

Any new food based revelations etc., not too bothered about Lampard related news. I guess it's less likely to come up now something's happened in the Frank saga

No other than the thread is well on the way to 400 pages, other than that, as you were on the speculation game.

39 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Can't one of you Twitter folks simply ask Jody what's happening? He seems to respond to questions.

Might just work.

It appears that our assistant two days before pre season is on holiday in Portugal.

In the words of Johnny Rotten - You'll get one season and one season only .

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It appears that our assistant two days before pre season is on holiday in Portugal.

To be fair, Martyn Waghorn is on holiday and he's due back on Monday.

Not sure it really matters as long as they're ready to go when the date comes around!

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Most of us are still on holiday, 3 days before we start back to work. 

Could be reliable, maybe not, but an entertaining snippet I've heard, is that Jody is apparently the stumbling block here. 

He wants to go with Frank, Frank wants him to go with him, Chelsea want him too, But Mel would like him to stay & step upto no 1. Unless Chelsea are prepared to pay for Jodys release, as unlike Frank he has no release clause in his contract. 

So Mel may be playing a bit of hardball here & hanging on for maximum compensation package for the pair of them....... Who knows? 

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Most of us are still on holiday, 3 days before we start back to work. 

I'm assuming he booked his holiday prior to the current upheaval.  He probably therefore assumed his boss would be back at work while he was away .   That isn't the case as his boss is possibly on a yacht in the med sorting out a new job for them at three times the salary  when he does start work in a fortnight. You would think someone should be here in that case .  

8 minutes ago, Vulcanboy said:

Could be reliable, maybe not, but an entertaining snippet I've heard, is that Jody is apparently the stumbling block here. 

He wants to go with Frank, Frank wants him to go with him, Chelsea want him too, But Mel would like him to stay & step upto no 1. Unless Chelsea are prepared to pay for Jodys release, as unlike Frank he has no release clause in his contract. 

So Mel may be playing a bit of hardball here & hanging on for maximum compensation package for the pair of them....... Who knows? 

It's dragging on because Mel wants to hire a bloke who doesn't want to be here?

Not likely.

I don’t buy the 1st of July thing because it could easily be announced right now as “from the first of July Frank is working for Chelsea”

Frank is still working on his deal with them and the terms haven’t all been agreed, or ....just maybe (unlikely) having thoughts about gaining further experience with us. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's dragging on because Mel wants to hire a bloke who doesn't want to be here?

Not likely.

In fairness,

"we assume he wants to be at Chelsea more", is a more accurate statement. But a safe one nonetheless, I grant you.

Your "Not likely" is still relevant.

Archived