Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

It's unreasonable for him to say "I will definitely be here next season." in a statement. Why?

Exactly. This is why he said “he expects to be here next season” after the play off final. People interpreted that as he expects Chelsea to come calling!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's unreasonable for him to say "I will definitely be here next season." in a statement. Why?

What if Mel goes mad and sacks him? What if Chelsea do approach us to offer him their job? What if England sack Southgate and come for him or freakin Real Madrid ( neither of those will happen, for clarity, I'm just making a point) for that matter. You don't know what's going to happen.

Now lets look back at what's happened since the play-off final.

He's said "I'm happy here, I love working here and have two years on my contract." and he's said "I'm preparing for next season."

Mel Morris has said "We are looking to offer Frank an improved contract.", "Chelsea have not approached us for Frank's services", 

Additionally (but just as an additional as we can't be 100% certain its come from the club) we've heard today that Derby are not looking for plan B managers.

So, what can we take from that? Well, it suggests that despite the complete national journalistic furore over this whole situation, the situation within the club is very much unchanged and unaffected by it because there's no evidence from their perspective that Chelsea are trying to get him. 
Ergo, there's no reason to suspect that anything's different since the last time Frank made a statement, and thus it's unreasonable to expect a new one at this time.

*sobers up*

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

What if Mel goes mad and sacks him? What if Chelsea do approach us to offer him their job? What if England sack Southgate and come for him or freakin Real Madrid ( neither of those will happen, for clarity, I'm just making a point) for that matter. You don't know what's going to happen.

Now lets look back at what's happened since the play-off final.

He's said "I'm happy here, I love working here and have two years on my contract." and he's said "I'm preparing for next season."

Mel Morris has said "We are looking to offer Frank an improved contract.", "Chelsea have not approached us for Frank's services", 

Additionally (but just as an additional as we can't be 100% certain its come from the club) we've heard today that Derby are not looking for plan B managers.

So, what can we take from that? Well, it suggests that despite the complete national journalistic furore over this whole situation, the situation within the club is very much unchanged and unaffected by it because there's no evidence from their perspective that Chelsea are trying to get him. 
Ergo, there's no reason to suspect that anything's different since the last time Frank made a statement, and thus it's unreasonable to expect a new one at this time.

Look let’s be honest here , things are massively different from the last time frank made a statement, forget the speculation which is at breaking point levels everywhere you look , there are also very clear stories being printed that he has spoken with and agreed to join Chelsea , now that really needs addressing by frank or his pr team, to stay silent is not good

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He can say he's not going and is getting ready for the fixtures announced THIS Thursday.

He'd be mad to say that. It doesn't benefit Derby or him. It just pleases some fans. The best way for him to get everything he wants is to have Mel think Chelsea are chasing him. 

He doesn't have to go in to Mel's office and say "give me this or I'm gone". The speculation puts pressure on Derby.

Frank can carry on doing his day to day life and plan for the season ahead. 

If he's staying then all the hysterics will be over with when Chelsea appoint someone new. At the minute whatever he says will be twisted and broken down and doesn't benefit him at all. 

He's taken his holiday, looking at stuff from Twitter I think a lot of people should have taken theirs 

Regardless of bbc Derby reporting we are not looking elsewhere I really don't see Chelsea not going for our Frank...the speculation alone has seemed to whip up all the Chelsea fans I know into some sort of expectancy that he'll be appointed or its a done deal....the mere fact it would be extremely popular with the fans makes me unfortunately beleive that it is going to happen...I do not now see another candidate that will make there fans happier than appointing Frank and Jody .......

I might be wrong of course

35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Different for us does not mean its different for Frank, or Derby.

EDIT: well that was weird, meant to quote @Archied

We're now 3 weeks on from the Play-Off final, and well over a month since the serious rumours about Sarri going to Juventus started

Sarri formally announced his intention to leave Chelsea on June 1st, and the deal was sealed on 13th June

Doesn't it seem odd that 5 days later they still haven't approached us about Frank if he's their target?

If they knew Sarri was going to go and Frank was their man, they'd have surely approached us the day after Wembley?

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

We're now 3 weeks on from the Play-Off final, and well over a month since the serious rumours about Sarri going to Juventus started

Sarri formally announced his intention to leave Chelsea on June 1st, and the deal was sealed on 13th June

Doesn't it seem odd that 5 days later they still haven't approached us about Frank if he's their target?

If they knew Sarri was going to go and Frank was their man, they'd have surely approached us the day after Wembley?

Doesn’t sound like they’ve approached anyone which is all very strange if you ask me 

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If there's nothing in it then why can't Frank say so by now? 

Because as far as we know so far no-one has asked him...

I have yet to see an article which says "We asked Lampard to comment but he wouldn't" - They've asked everyone else in the world but not him as far as I can tell

38 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Interesting that when McClaren said similar after being linked to his boyhood club he got half the fanbase up in arms against him and eventually got sacked - Lampard says it and most people are like "cool, no worries, we understand"

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I have yet to see an article which says "We asked Lampard to comment but he wouldn't" - They've asked everyone else in the world but not him as far as I can tell

Interesting that when McClaren said similar after being linked to his boyhood club he got half the fanbase up in arms against him and eventually got sacked - Lampard says it and most people are like "cool, no worries, we understand"

I thought Shteve's boyhood club was Leeds

I remember Mel stating Clement could be Derby’s Fergie - just a few short months before sacking him.

That reason alone is reason why no-one (including Frank) should make bold statements about the future - particularly when making statements about situations that haven’t even arisen yet.

I bet Mel wishes he hadn’t.

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I thought all the people who reacted that way to Mac were ducking mental tbf

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Because Frank has always said his dream is to manage Chelsea and he is a legend at the club....and its going to happen one day ...not the same as Mac

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Cant work this one out.  We are apparently not looking at new names, however SG has just said no to an approach from us.. bit strange

I can explain.

We haven't approached Gerrard and he hasn't rejected us. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I can explain.

We haven't approached Gerrard and he hasn't rejected us. 

But then why would the papers report it?
No, the only logical answer is that Gerrard made sure to get in touch with us to tell us to not consider him for the job that currently isn't available and which there was no suggestion he was being considered for

Archived