Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I can explain.

We haven't approached Gerrard and he hasn't rejected us. 

Yeah, I don’t get this. So are the Times outright making stuff up or is there an “allegedly” or “maybe” in there to cover their bums? If they are claiming it as fact, and it is not, are news outlets just free to print any twaddle they want irrespective of validity?

Actually, don’t answer that, I’m sure I know the answer.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Saity said:

Because Frank has always said his dream is to manage Chelsea and he is a legend at the club....and its going to happen one day ...not the same as Mac

No, it’s potentially worse behavior from fat frank because Stevie Mac didn’t quit...Mel fired him.!! 

Lanpard touted for the Chelsea job without an official approach.

Bowyer does a u-turn in 24 hours to stay at Charlton as manager.

Monk randomly leaves Birmingham after a fairly successful season for them.

There’s some strange going-ons in this close season...

Just now, The_Mighty_Ram said:

We been contacted by managers which will be Bowyer, Terry and Lampard but one signed a new contract, one has declined and one wants to stay. 

How do you know this ? You are Kaveh Solhekol and I claim my five pounds. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They understand we've been contacted by managers but have no quotes or evidence to explain why they understand it. 

I'm sure in the old days journalists would quote a source without revealing that the source is some bloke in the pub. 

Now media fire out clickbait headlines with no meat on the bone at all. It's funny tbh

Probably just lifted it out the statement BBC Derby Sport posted earlier.

"Derby are braced for an approach from Chelsea for Lampard with the Rams set to demand £4m in compensation if the Blues are to bring in their former midfielder to take over from Maurizio Sarri. However, there has been no formal contact with Derby so far."

Football language is weird. How to you "brace" for an approach? Pull up the draw bridge? Place extra guards on the fortifications? 

Why am I now imagining Mel Morris in military uniform?

Just now, Duracell said:

"Derby are braced for an approach from Chelsea for Lampard with the Rams set to demand £4m in compensation if the Blues are to bring in their former midfielder to take over from Maurizio Sarri. However, there has been no formal contact with Derby so far."

Football language is weird. How to you "brace" for an approach? Pull up the draw bridge? Place extra guards on the fortifications? 

That's not quite how I imagined you meant Mel bracing for a shafting, I mean approach, by Chelsea! 

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Clench.....

24 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Cant work this one out.  We are apparently not looking at new names, however SG has just said no to an approach from us.. bit strange

Do you actually believe Gerrard has been approached by Derby?

Archived