Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Sorry to bring this up......but.

So many people on here believe that the stories of Franks departure are untrue because it is bad journalism.

Just playing devil's advocate but what makes this story true then?

Just for the info - I don't think he is going either

Fair ask. Why believe this story over the other ones? 

For me; it’s the most boring. That’s why I think it’s true. 

Media today is driven by clicks /sensationalism(secret phone calls and yacht excursions in exotic locations for backroom handshake deals.)

However, more often than not, the more ‘normal’ the report, the more likely it is to be true(in my opinion).

For me, it seems true. Everyone actually involved with any potential deal- has acted professionally and not drummed up speculation. All the frenzy are from fans/bookies/media. Nothing has happened, so there’s really nothing to report

coyr!

I don't know what more Frank can say. He said he's loved working here and he wants to continue progressing with the club. Mel says chelsea have made no contact. So what's happening then? Lack of information. Could go either way. Media have been pumping this speculation and now it's spiralled out of control. They may not even want Frank yet, who knows.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He can say he's not going and is getting ready for the fixtures announced THIS Thursday.

We've been told multiple times we're preparing for next season with Lampard as normal. As recently as yesterday in Mel's statement to Sky.

15 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Sorry to bring this up......but.

So many people on here believe that the stories of Franks departure are untrue because it is bad journalism.

Just playing devil's advocate but what makes this story true then?

Just for the info - I don't think he is going either

Confirmation Bias. This suits what I want to be true, the others don't, therefore I'm choosing to believe it ?

42 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Has it really come to this? Predicting what page we will be on speculating his move?

Just goes to show there is nothing to see.........Move away please

Well about 100 pages back I said we’d reach 200, now my money is on 300 plus on the storythatwontgoaway#

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He can say he's not going and is getting ready for the fixtures announced THIS Thursday.

It’s really not for Frank to say though- is it?  Mel is the one who’s supposed to take on the media, and protect Frank(or any Manager) from the frenzy of the press. Let the Boss carry on with the football. That’s how I see it.  

Just now, David said:

I’m going to change the number of posts per page to ruin your little game 

evil plan plotting GIF by Red Fang

Ooh change it to one

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We've been told multiple times we're preparing for next season with Lampard as normal. As recently as yesterday in Mel's statement to Sky.

Mel isn't Frank now is he. Unless Frank has been struck dumb?

If there's nothing in it then why can't Frank say so by now? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

'Cos he might be waiting for an approach, which may or may not arrive and if it does, he may want to consider it before ultimately seeing sense and signing an extension with the least boring club in the league.....

...he typed, hopefully!

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's unreasonable for him to say "I will definitely be here next season." in a statement. Why?

What if Mel goes mad and sacks him? What if Chelsea do approach us to offer him their job? What if England sack Southgate and come for him or freakin Real Madrid ( neither of those will happen, for clarity, I'm just making a point) for that matter. You don't know what's going to happen.

Now lets look back at what's happened since the play-off final.

He's said "I'm happy here, I love working here and have two years on my contract." and he's said "I'm preparing for next season."

Mel Morris has said "We are looking to offer Frank an improved contract.", "Chelsea have not approached us for Frank's services", 

Additionally (but just as an additional as we can't be 100% certain its come from the club) we've heard today that Derby are not looking for plan B managers.

So, what can we take from that? Well, it suggests that despite the complete national journalistic furore over this whole situation, the situation within the club is very much unchanged and unaffected by it because there's no evidence from their perspective that Chelsea are trying to get him. 
Ergo, there's no reason to suspect that anything's different since the last time Frank made a statement, and thus it's unreasonable to expect a new one at this time.

Archived