Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I agree that his first season wasn't that spectacular, but at some point, we need a manager to get to the next stage of their plan! Since Nigel Clough, we've not had a single manager for 2 successive summer transfer windows!

Literally ever summer, we start afresh, with no continuity.

Remember when we had 'a plan' and Mel told us a change of managers would apparently make no difference other than cosmetically.

From what I hear Bowyer has a similar ethos to Frank and might be the closest thing to that happening since it was first mentioned.

There are few players of Frank's stature so everyone is a step down in publicity (thank God Giggs is otherwise engaged). 

If he can bring Aribo with him it's a yes from me.  The pressure will be on him in the media though - he's achieved promotion against the odds and therefore things will be  expected of him, and he will be filling Frank's shoes which to them is massive.

Would be weird if somehow Bowyer was with us long term, although West Ham would always be lurking in the background. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rample said:

Remember when we had 'a plan' and Mel told us a change of managers would apparently make no difference other than cosmetically.

From what I hear Bowyer has a similar ethos to Frank and might be the closest thing to that happening since it was first mentioned.

There are few players of Frank's stature so everyone is a step down in publicity (thank God Giggs is otherwise engaged). 

If he can bring Aribo with him it's a yes from me.  The pressure will be on him in the media though - he's achieved promotion against the odds and therefore things will be  expected of him, and he will be filling Frank's shoes which to them is massive.

Would be weird if somehow Bowyer was with us long term, although West Ham would always be lurking in the background. 

I dont think Bowyer is going to be coming here now that hes signed a new contract. It would be a bit wierd to sign and then leave immediately.

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

We should start a pool of what page you think we'll be on when it's finally announced that Frank is leaving.

I'm saying 195.

There will be a flurry of posts from the moment someone like Percy says its about to be announced until the announcement. So I'll go for 250.

Although he's not leaving, obviously.

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

We should start a pool of what page you think we'll be on when it's finally announced that Frank is leaving.

I'm saying 195.

Lampard scored 211 goals for Chelsea.

Just saying.

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I'm saying 195.

Page 11 in a new thread in 2025

Just now, The_Mighty_Ram said:

His well-known TV personality wife works in London? Well I never. Also shocked to hear that a rich family has more than one property, one near the training ground he used to attend for two decades or so.

Hardly revelations. The media's getting more desperate for clicks on this story, with literally nothing happening. Must be hard for them. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm going to put my neck on the line here... 

Lampard won't be the Derby manager at the start of the season. 

You can quote me on that ITK. 

Very brave of you to make such a bold claim ? 

2 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ram said:

What’s to say Frank want’s to move closer to London to be with his wife. 

giphy.gif

Archived