Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

To dangerously, and possibly ominously, quote Steve Mclaren, surely this is just pure speculation. I can't read the full article without subscribing but it appears to be just their own conclusions and not based on anything anyone has said to them.

I may be wrong but it just sounds like lazy journalism to me: High profile manager of championship club that MAY be sold in the summer. Same high profile manager was a legend with a premier league club that MAY be looking for a new manager in the summer. I know, let's put two and two together and see if we come up with four. 

I hope I'm wrong but it does look like idle speculation to me. We'll see. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve read the article, it’s only a short one. Simply saying he and the squad aren’t happy Mel cancelled a Dubai trip and he’s taking stock. He’ll get offers in the summer so considering options. That’s all really.

Seems a lot of players went to Dubai anyway, no one seemed to be kicking off after the stoke game and Frank was clear what the training plan was for the break. Last time Mel cancelled a trip it was all over the DET instantly.

Lots of speculation and putting 2+2 together but there’s also no smoke without fire. Either way it’s not helpful to the club at a key point in the season and obviously when fans are about to renew season tickets.

The former Chelsea midfield player is under contract until 2021, but is likely to attract offers from elsewhere having impressed observers by producing an attractive team featuring many young players in difficult circumstances.

We've played attractive football for a handful of games this season and most of that before Christmas. Although I suppose they don't actually say he has a built a team playing attractive football - they just say the team is attractive, so maybe nothing to do with their footballing ability. ?

And I know he had to sell players to be able to buy anyone, but he still had millions to spend on players and his pick of Chelsea youngsters in the summer. For most of the season we haven't exactly set the world alight, so I don't know why the media keeps linking him with all these other jobs.

Also can't most of these millionaires pay for their own ticket to Dubai? Maybe some of the youngsters like Bogle would struggle, but the rest should be able to easily fund it themselves if they still wanted to go.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I imagine they all would be annoyed.

Perhaps the Brum points deduction has put a focus on every penny?

Perhaps ST renewals are lower than hoped?

Perhaps he read this forum and decided they should all be running up the A38 to Alfreton and back?

We’ll probably get a good idea 15 minutes into the Rotherham game.

If he goes it's a shame. Can't say I would personally be too fussed, but it would be a shame.

Find it incredible that, six years after he left, the manager we might need to hire could be Nigel Clough.

Club in trouble financially. Squad a mix-match of mad wages and players bought by multiple managers for multiple systems. Potentialy even getting docked points (disgraceful).

If we were to end up in the situation that multiple newspapers are forecasting then we likely wouldn't be able to attract a manager like Jokanovic going forward (especially if the rumour about his wage demands is true). 

Clough might be what we need. And about all we can get.

Jesus christ, someone pass me the whiskey.  

OK. so I've read the article and, from what I can see:

1) it implies that some of the squad, not Lampard, are unhappy about the Dubai trip cancellation

2) it doesn't seem to link FL considering his future with the trip being cancelled in any way

3) in terms of both parties considering their future in the summer IF the club is sold well, isn't that just stating the obvious? A new owner might want a new manager and FL might not want to work for that new owner.

It's true there is often no smoke without a fire but I can't help feeling that the press, and some posters, if not starting the fire are certainly throwing petrol on it to keep it going/make it flare up. 

I hope its all boll.....derdash.

if mel loses frank over the next few months then you really would have to question his judgement.

He might have the rubles - but not the marbles - to run a football club. 

We don't know exactly what was said in negotiations between Morris and Lampard when Lampard joined us, but I am pretty clear that it wasn't " you must get us promoted this season" and recall statements that he wasn't expected to do this.

Now we have all this uncertainty over Morris's continued ownership of the club at what seems a strange time, when fans are renewing their season tickets, to give just one reason.

Morris has been nothing if not unpredictable during his time as owner and the arrival and departure of managers should have alerted Lampard to this. Does cancellation of the Dubai trip and public statements on ownership indicate Morris is at it again? Is Morris fed up with the drudgery of the Championship and the money it is costing him? It's not like Morris has done anything to damp down the uncertainty.

I have renewed and like most fans am here for the long term but I will be seriously fed up with Morris if he triggers another bout of instability.

TobyWanKenobi

International breaks bring out the lazy journalism to make up for the views they are losing through the lack of games.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

If he goes it's a shame. Can't say I would personally be too fussed, but it would be a shame.

Find it incredible that, six years after he left, the manager we might need to hire could be Nigel Clough.

Club in trouble financially. Squad a mix-match of mad wages and players bought by multiple managers for multiple systems. Potentialy even getting docked points (disgraceful).

If we were to end up in the situation that multiple newspapers are forecasting then we likely wouldn't be able to attract a manager like Jokanovic going forward (especially if the rumour about his wage demands is true). 

Clough might be what we need. And about all we can get.

Jesus christ, someone pass me the whiskey.  

I've said it before but my ideal scenario would be Mac and simmo managing and Clough as head of recruitment and director of football.

Pass me a margarita.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've said it before but my ideal scenario would be Mac and simmo managing and Clough as head of recruitment and director of football.

Pass me a margarita.

Pass me a bucket.

We'd have been better off playing chris martin this year, and keeping the £5m waggers fee for an ffp related rainy day

Just now, RamNut said:

We'd have been better off playing chris martin this year, and keeping the £5m waggers fee for an ffp related rainy day

I like Waghorn, was a snip at £5m.

Looks a right character to have around the place as well.

Latest Instagram live video at Moor Farm catching Mason Mount wearing Adidas trainers whilst he’s sponsored by Nike and singing he’s one of our own to Mason Bennett. 

Scored a few goals and covered 2 positions as well which has been handy. 

Wouldn't have liked to see Martin out wide when needed.

Archived