Who is Frank on about here then?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I suspect it would be some of the long term back room staff who have seen it before and possibly airing the "Here we go again" brigade.

If he is saying there are some really good people in the dressing room, I am also of the opinion it isn't the players, but someone/or few that are getting on the players backs and Frank is trying to protect his boys.

If there are those in the background they are like a cancer and can cause unrest and need to be gotten rid of

@KCG How come when someone puts their OPINION on the forum, do you always come back with a roll of the eyes.

It is a forum for people to air their views and not conform to what only you believe. 

I've never been much taken by Ed Dawes. For me he lacks a bit of distance from fandom in his role as a commentator.

The comments like "an insult to fans" might be all very well on a mixed forum like this .. its a view, but its a pretty petulant one sided view from someone who is commentating for all Derby fans who naturally have a variation of opinions. I think the role carries with it a responsibility to be more measured. 

It is plainly obvious that Frank is getting fed up of the criticism and negativity from some quarters.

Unfortunately our failings over the last few seasons seem to rear their ugly heads earlier and earlier.

Even back as far as Oct when we were flying, some were already saying "Don't worry it will all fall apart after Christmas" .

While it might have been tongue in cheek, the constant reference to this not only on social media, Radio and even Sky/BBC etc must have an effect on the team.

KCG Rolling eye emoticon is just here>>>>>>>

I don't think Radio Derby have been overly negative. Don't think Frank's overly bothered about them. He didn't seem upset with Chris post-match. I'm leaning towards club officials. Which is in the current situation is a little risky but I 100% back him. Showed a lot of passion to come out and be as honest as he was.

24 minutes ago, Dcfcjames said:

In all honesty I don’t know if anyone else agrees with me ? But I find Ed Dawes irritating ? 

I wouldn't say irritating - Ramage is more irritating. How he's held that job for as many seasons as he has is beyond me.

Ed Dawes is just not a very good commentator.

Radio Derby would do well to freshen their own team up if you ask me

I recall standing on the Popside during the 72-73 season when we were going through one of those periods when we despaired of the Rams ever scoring again. Each week the team would run out onto the pitch to the song “We are the Champions” sung by the Liverpool team and not Freddie M.

when we heard it I for one would shrivel with embarrassment. Then Brian and Peter left and it seemed like the end of the world.

We went on to sign Francis Lee and Charlie George and win what is now called the EPL for a second time.

As a Rams fan you learn to expect the unexpected, but dull and boring it ain’t.

All we are saying...is give Frank a chance!

24 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

It is plainly obvious that Frank is getting fed up of the criticism and negativity from some quarters.

Unfortunately our failings over the last few seasons seem to rear their ugly heads earlier and earlier.

Frank appears to be using the old 'here we go again' scenario for his own ends. We don't have to look as far as past seasons to see some failings do we?

We've been somewhat poor lately and at times through the season so far - Frank doesn't fancy taking the criticism, well he better get used to it, it's part and parcel of football. Perhaps he's just trying a bit of pyscho-babble of his own and trying to turn the criticism to an 'us and them' thing as a way to get more team spirit. Perhaps not.

50 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Or he's being completely honest about problems he sees with the club, problems that have been ever-present for a few years now? This is a bloke who's been in extremely high pressure situations as a player, in champions league final penalty shootouts, and also as a person in terms of media and fan scrutiny, especially as a 17 year old at West Ham, playing for england etc. I'm sure he's coping fine.

Also, I don't understand where you get this perception that fans who generally have more of a positive mindset and don't jump onto negativity immediately are looking at things through rose-tinted specs. Rose-tinted would be saying that saturdays performance wasn't that bad, when in reality I didn't see one person react in that way at all. Rose-tinted specs would be fans saying that Frank's doing brilliantly when in fact most that are accused say hes doing an decent/good job considering context. Because I don't go 'here we go again' and 'all the players are crap' after a couple of losses does that make me a happy clapper? Genuinely interested what constitutes being a happy clapper.

I don't think the comments were aimed at local media anyway, it seems to me something a bit deeper than that. At least the words used are very strong, something I wouldn't consider being used for just local media. And good on him trying to instigate change where he sees fit. If something's holding the club back in one way or another, why not try? Better than disregarding it completely.

And all this ...... why shouldn’t he come  out and say what needs to be said. He’s our manager and he’s tasked to get results, if that means sorting things out that are hindering him achieve his goals then good on him for calling these people out. Let’s not kid ourselves he’s not at DCFC for the money, he’s an ambitious man looking to go places with his managerial career, he should be free to say what he wants and clear out those that are getting in his way. If this benefits our club and he takes us with him along the way then I’m all for it. Sitting on hands & saying nothing has clearly not worked in the past, it’s time for a change. Get on board or move on. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Frank appears to be using the old 'here we go again' scenario for his own ends. We don't have to look as far as past seasons to see some failings do we?

We've been somewhat poor lately and at times through the season so far - Frank doesn't fancy taking the criticism, well he better get used to it, it's part and parcel of football. Perhaps he's just trying a bit of pyscho-babble of his own and trying to turn the criticism to an 'us and them' thing as a way to get more team spirit. Perhaps not.

Using it for his own ends? Different managers, different players, yet same outcome. Happened to far more experienced managers than Lampard. But no, let's not miss a chance to have a dig at him. I don't think he has at any point not said we have been poor or this and that.  I for one applaud him for taking this stance, can't be easy to do, if it is people within the club.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You think Frank Lampard isn’t used to taking criticism? Being a part of the failed ‘Golden Generation’ has made him one of the most criticised footballers of recent times! That’s before you even consider that his nickname was Fat Frank and his early career was plagued by accusations of nepotism.

I don’t think RD are automatically negative about the team, I think that develops over time and, like fans, it can become a mood that’s difficult to pull yourself out of if things aren’t going well.

In the Mac1 seasons, they were generally really positive to the point where I’m pretty sure Ramage wallpapered his bedroom with the words “There’s something special happening here...”

My takeaway from this is that FL as a man and as a manager wants to call out negativity in an effort to try and stem it, whereas it would be easy to just let it all go on and dismiss it as not effecting the team. However, as he’s said, he needs a platform of a win to be able to deliver the message without setting off fireworks.

47 minutes ago, nottingram said:

You think Frank Lampard isn’t used to taking criticism? Being a part of the failed ‘Golden Generation’ has made him one of the most criticised footballers of recent times! That’s before you even consider that his nickname was Fat Frank and his early career was plagued by accusations of nepotism.

50 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Using it for his own ends? Different managers, different players, yet same outcome. Happened to far more experienced managers than Lampard. But no, let's not miss a chance to have a dig at him. I don't think he has at any point not said we have been poor or this and that.  I for one applaud him for taking this stance, can't be easy to do, if it is people within the club.

Then he's making a rod for his own back, unless he seriously thinks that coming out and saying 'stop with the negativity' will make a difference to those doing it.

I blame Sky. Constantly referring to the team as Frank Lampard's Derby County.

When they are poo that reflects directly on his legacy.

I congratulate last night's crowd. Wigan on a Tuesday is when true fans step up.

I also loved the contrast between the tense, nervous eleven we saw at 1-0 and the sheer, unbridled joy we saw at 2-1.

The release was tangible.

I hope Frank felt that too.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then he's making a rod for his own back, unless he seriously thinks that coming out and saying 'stop with the negativity' will make a difference to those doing it.

Judging by your posts, clearly it won’t 

Archived