Who is Frank on about here then?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Surely the modern day football player should have some resilience? Maybe that's our problem we've signed too many snowflakes!

Which is (often) Ramage's argument, Roymac. I wish I had a pound for every time he's said something along those lines.

The very same Ramage who routinely disappeared from games at the first sign of criticism or a hard tackle; the same Ramage who struggled to break sweat on an August day, who is the first footballer I think of when considering those I've seen who most wasted their talents in a Derby shirt. 

Maybe we would be better with a Carlin or Gemmill in our side, but there are lots of teams that could say that, just as it is the case that footballers are human beings and most human beings in my experience perform better at whatever it is they do with encouragement. Most footballers have already shown resilience just by becoming professional footballers.

11 hours ago, BondJovi said:

So does that atmosphere only matter to you as a fan? The team won't always play well, they won't always inspire the crowd. If they aren't at it, then fans (things called supporters) then step up. If the players don't put the effort in or don't care then that is another matter but I have seen none of that. Like any relationship, give and take, but you seem firmly in the take.

To be honest the crowd at pride park is a breeze to how it was at the BBG.  The problem is leaders on the pitch .  I can remember Carsley putting the ball out of play and then making a cut out pass during a match in the 95/96 season .  Van Der Laan ran over and tore him a new arse in front of the popside.  He played much better afterwards .

Archived