Who is Frank on about here then?

7 hours ago, Hector74 said:

I like listening to radio derby after the match they have they own opinions and there derby fans too. They not paid or employed by derby county so they dont have to toe  the party line. 

Totally agree. I love the Radio Derby coverage. Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage are not there to butter up the likes of Lampard and Morris, they are there to tell it like it is. Just because Frank is upset at his teams recent poor performances being called out doesn’t give him the right to allude to local media being ‘negative’. Instead of being upset maybe he should just man up and get on with it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Due to age and mobility issues unfortunately I have to listen to radio derby when we arent on TV. And whilst i agree that they should be allowed to ask awkard questions when interviewing the manager.But their job is to commentate on the game without endless immature in jokes and Ramages sending out friends and family name checks oh for the return of days Graham Richards and Ian Hall

Is this the same Graham Richards who used to spout off about the club so much that he got banned by the club from the BBG? 

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Totally agree. I love the Radio Derby coverage. Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage are not there to butter up the likes of Lampard and Morris, they are there to tell it like it is. Just because Frank is upset at his teams recent poor performances being called out doesn’t give him the right to allude to local media being ‘negative’. Instead of being upset maybe he should just man up and get on with it.

Totally agree FL is in a job when things go wrong you have to take the criticism that goes with it,lets not kid ourselves here we have been woeful lately and last night was not much better,he was quite happy to take the plaudits when we actually looked like a football team

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Is this the same Graham Richards who used to spout off about the club so much that he got banned by the club from the BBG? 

Wash your mouth out with soap and water! In a similar way that some shermans think Michael Moore spouts off about Trump or Bush. He got ‘banned’ for quite rightly calling out Robert Maxwell who was a bit of an idiot. The rest of the world and his co-workers quickly caught on, for issues far more serious than being a poo football club chairman. He stood up to the man and represented Derby fans in a constructive and eloquent fashion. I’m pretty sure he covertly snuck onto the Popside and still delivered some radio ?

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

That's just it. A radio commentator should be describing the action to the listener, not giving his own opinions. I don't mind the pundit (Ramage) doing that but Dawes is the worst commentator they've ever had on Radio Derby. I gave up with them last season.

Ed Dawes is the sole reason I do not listen to Radio Derby on a match day. Terrible commentator.

Radio Derby are going  to be negative because that’s what the listener wants to hear, how can we moan at them when it’s obvious just from this forum that their are a set of fans that are waiting for us to fail, and expecting it.

All clubs have them though so I’m not sure FLwull find it any different anywhere else, but it’s no surprise the support is at its best at away matches or like last night when these fans are not in attendance.

Radio derby coverage is absolutely dire imo and contributes to poor atmospheres. Anyone who’s a regular listener will get the preconception we’re an absolutely awful team and turn up to matches believing such. It really doesn’t help anyone and I think franks right to get annoyed. They make everything the opposition do sound amazing and everything we do sound awful, if I never went to matches and just listened to them I’d have probably given up on football they make it sound so awful. Maybe if they were a little more realistic we’d have fans expecting less poo when they come to games and actually give the team and the style a chance.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Radio derby coverage is absolutely dire imo and contributes to poor atmospheres. Anyone who’s a regular listener will get the preconception we’re an absolutely awful team and turn up to matches believing such. It really doesn’t help anyone and I think franks right to get annoyed. They make everything the opposition do sound amazing and everything we do sound awful, if I never went to matches and just listened to them I’d have probably given up on football they make it sound so awful. Maybe if they were a little more realistic we’d have fans expecting less poo when they come to games and actually give the team and the style a chance.

We are lucky to have you though to come on and give us a much more balanced outlook on the team.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

If I was as bad as you think I’d have the radio derby job, seems to be a pre requisite 

Just wouldn’t be throwing stones when you live in a glass house that’s all, if fans only read this forum and didn’t go to games, god knows what they would think reading some posts.

Even when we score

YESSSS MALONEEEEEEEEEEE

duck me, about time he did something to our benefit

if you think Radio Derby coverage is dire, listen to some other local commentary of other teams. Having heard local commentary of other teams over the years, I think I'm quite grateful for what we've got.

Whilst Ramage can be a bit daft, he's honest and quite sincere. Dawes struggles to keep his emotions in check, and both try to make the coverage personal to the listener by attempting to "banter" each other, which can be cringeworthy.

I think we've been spoilt over the years, but Derby fans by a rule, are stupidly negative about commentators and pundits.

Ross Fletcher was panned, ended up promoted
Dean Sturridge was blamed for us being rubbish in the PL, he got promoted.

Colin Bloomfield was slated for sounding camp ffs! Rest in Peace pal.

I enjoyed McMinn and Rowett as pundits, totally hated Roger Davies' punditry.

Ian Hall sounded dour, but by god he knew what he was talking about and I actually felt like I was learning by listening to him.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Just wouldn’t be throwing stones when you live in a glass house that’s all, if fans only read this forum and didn’t go to games, god knows what they would think reading some posts.

Even when we score

Ain’t my job to give an overview of a game tho, if it was I wouldn’t be giving my opinion as much. This is the place for opinions, not a radio coverage designed to tell fans what’s happening. Bit of an opinion now and then is fine, but like I saw if Ed Dawes wants to give his opinion all the time he should join here

Archived