Who is Frank on about here then?

To be fair isn't this a two way street ? 

Surely the  best way to generate positivity throughout the club  is to show it on the pitch.

Is the passing out from the back tactic a positive one that generates impetus ?

Is allowing the full backs to generally  look to pass the ball backwards whenever they are passed to/ have a throw in/ take a free kick, showing positivity ?

Is chopping and changing the team every week, regularly picking players who fail to contribute, helping to achieve that positive mentality ?

Is allowing the team to take free kicks in the opposition half sideways or backwards, often within milliseconds of the free kick being awarded, when no team mate  is expecting it (or wanting it) a positive tactic ? 

In my view the negativity as a fan comes when you fail to see the logic of what is going on on the pitch. 

It was interesting yesterday that the fans really got behind the team when they abandoned all the above and finally started being positive and playing to their strengths. Win or lose we gave it a go. 

Why cant we start matches like that in future ? And play with positivity from the start ? 

So whilst the fans have a huge role to play, Frank needs to share his part in the bargain too.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

To be fair isn't this a two way street ? 

Surely the  best way to generate positivity throughout the club  is to show it on the pitch.

Is the passing out from the back tactic a positive one that generates impetus ?

Is allowing the full backs to generally  look to pass the ball backwards whenever they are passed to/ have a throw in/ take a free kick, showing positivity ?

Is chopping and changing the team every week, regularly picking players who fail to contribute, helping to achieve that positive mentality ?

Is allowing the team to take free kicks in the opposition half sideways or backwards, often within milliseconds of the free kick being awarded, when no team mate  is expecting it (or wanting it) a positive tactic ? 

In my view the negativity as a fan comes when you fail to see the logic of what is going on on the pitch. 

It was interesting yesterday that the fans really got behind the team when they abandoned all the above and finally started being positive and playing to their strengths. Win or lose we gave it a go. 

Why cant we start matches like that in future ? And play with positivity from the start ? 

So whilst the fans have a huge role to play, Frank needs to share his part in the bargain too.

Totally agree spot on ?

4 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-stunning-rant-over-14095476

Certainly not pulling any punches here

“This club absolutely wallows in doom and gloom in different departments." Very very strong words

LOVE IT.

Absolutely love that Frankie is giving some folk a kick up the arse. 

Anyone in sport (and these days it's the 'in' thing in business too) will tell you that attitude, mentality and 'mindset' is at least half the battle. 

I think Brenda in the canteen is to blame.

I've heard she slapped the players lunch down, telling the lads she'd done meatballs, as that was the only chance she'd have of seeing any balls 'in the building'.

O.k I gotta wade into this one .

Are we supposed to sit in silence and play happy clappy to players that the past 5 years have made a right mess of things come feb because they aint got no b*lls !! .And continue to collect there over size pay checks . Do you honestly think Clough senior would have put an arm round them saying there there son nevermind pmsl . For gods sake don't say its a different game now and times have changed or I will puke .

Spot on Rammage and Ed saying it as it is . The best commentator that ever was Mr Richards was NEVER shy of upsetting the apple cart and to be honest I would love to see what he would have said about this lot the past  5 years and what we have had to endure. Craig carry on your view was spot on the problem is Frank don't like it and neither does his team but its time people made there feelings known. Losing is one thing but when the manner in losing just isn't right something has to be said .

The fact is the players have to change it , Im not having this crap that not one of them can grab the ball by the scruff of the neck and get out of there paralysis come feb and do something with it . Its absolutely incredible how patient everyone has been with them .

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

O.k I gotta wade into this one .

Are we supposed to sit in silence and play happy clappy to players that the past 5 years have made a right mess of things come feb because they aint got no b*lls !! .And continue to collect there over size pay checks . Do you honestly think Clough senior would have put an arm round them saying there there son nevermind pmsl . For gods sake don't say its a different game now and times have changed or I will puke .

Spot on Rammage and Ed saying it as it is . The best commentator that ever was Mr Richards was NEVER shy of upsetting the apple cart and to be honest I would love to see what he would have said about this lot the past  5 years and what we have had to endure. Craig carry on your view was spot on the problem is Frank don't like it and neither does his team but its time people made there feelings known. Losing is one thing but when the manner in losing just isn't right something has to be said .

The fact is the players have to change it , Im not having this crap that not one of them can grab the ball by the scruff of the neck and get out of there paralysis come feb and do something with it . Its absolutely incredible how patient everyone has been with them .

My goodness anybody would think we were bottom of the League. 

16 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Sounds like the words of a man under a great amount of stress

Not stress in my book just disappointment and\or frustration, he’s been there, done that throughout his career at both club & international level what’s he got to be stressed about. He’s not doing this for the money (I’m sure he doesn’t need it) doing it for personal ambition so probably asking himself why he’s slogging his guts out and getting such negativity in return. Football is so short term nowadays, no manager gets time to build, everyone wants\expects results yesterday and if it’s not forthcoming then it’s the managers fault. Crazy. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

He looked like he hadn't slept for a week before the Wigan game I wouldnt attribute that to frustration or disappointment

I know what you're saying.

Fit missus who has lost the baby weight?

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

He looked like he hadn't slept for a week before the Wigan game I wouldnt attribute that to frustration or disappointment

It’s hard being a dad with a 6 month old  baby ??

20 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Spot on Rammage and Ed saying it as it is . The best commentator that ever was Mr Richards was NEVER shy of upsetting the apple cart and to be honest I would love to see what he would have said about this lot the past  5 years and what we have had to endure. 

You mean you've 'endured' 3/4 out of 5 play off seasons? You've endured the Mac 1 football? 

Give it a rest, maybe the feeling of some fans that we're entitled to be better than we are is causing the problems. 

No one's saying you should happy clap when we lose, we all accept Derby is in a bad patch, but if we didn't label ourselves bottle jobs every year it might help the team a little? The energy from the team became very apparent after the fans turn up the volume, the passion was there. 

Fan Support = Team Belief 

6 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

Or he's being completely honest about problems he sees with the club, problems that have been ever-present for a few years now? This is a bloke who's been in extremely high pressure situations as a player, in champions league final penalty shootouts, and also as a person in terms of media and fan scrutiny, especially as a 17 year old at West Ham, playing for england etc. I'm sure he's coping fine.

Also, I don't understand where you get this perception that fans who generally have more of a positive mindset and don't jump onto negativity immediately are looking at things through rose-tinted specs. Rose-tinted would be saying that saturdays performance wasn't that bad, when in reality I didn't see one person react in that way at all. Rose-tinted specs would be fans saying that Frank's doing brilliantly when in fact most that are accused say hes doing an decent/good job considering context. Because I don't go 'here we go again' and 'all the players are crap' after a couple of losses does that make me a happy clapper? Genuinely interested what constitutes being a happy clapper.

I don't think the comments were aimed at local media anyway, it seems to me something a bit deeper than that. At least the words used are very strong, something I wouldn't consider being used for just local media. And good on him trying to instigate change where he sees fit. If something's holding the club back in one way or another, why not try? Better than disregarding it completely.

The problem is that you see your view as being more positive, whereas some of us see your view and similar ones as being happy clapper stylee. You, like others, consider my view and others, who are more realistic, as not being as worthy of your view and that your view is superior when all it is, is an opinion. Your ilk seem to think we are not entitled to an opinion.

I've no issue with Lampard venting if he feels these people are poisoning the atmosphere of the club behind the scenes. Lest we forget, Cloughie sacked a couple of tea ladies in his first season at Derby after he caught them sniggering after a home defeat. Sometimes a club's culture needs to change - I hope Morris backs him 100% on this.

He's also made veiled comments about some of our support this year but has been fulsome in praise when we've stepped up & backed the team strongly - last night being a prime example. I think he's dealt with it well.

Whilst he doesn't look quite as suave & serene as earlier in the season, its perhaps not surprising when you consider that a) he's got a 6 month baby at home (I know exactly how knackered he's likely to be - mine is only a few weeks older) & b) he's not likely to be managing for money but to test himself. Therefore he's going to find (relative) failure difficult to accept having been such a success as a player. I don't think its anything to be concerned about, the man's got drive & we can only benefit from that long term.

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I've no issue with Lampard venting if he feels these people are poisoning the atmosphere of the club behind the scenes. Lest we forget, Cloughie sacked a couple of tea ladies in his first season at Derby after he caught them sniggering after a home defeat. Sometimes a club's culture needs to change - I hope Morris backs him 100% on this.

He's also made veiled comments about some of our support this year but has been fulsome in praise when we've stepped up & backed the team strongly - last night being a prime example. I think he's dealt with it well.

Whilst he doesn't look quite as suave & serene as earlier in the season, its perhaps not surprising when you consider that a) he's got a 6 month baby at home (I know exactly how knackered he's likely to be - mine is only a few weeks older) & b) he's not likely to be managing for money but to test himself. Therefore he's going to find (relative) failure difficult to accept having been such a success as a player. I don't think its anything to be concerned about, the man's got drive & we can only benefit from that long term.

Amen brother!!! ?

Archived