Who is Frank on about here then?

30 minutes ago, rynny said:

Ramage in response to radio Derby being called negative said that if he wanted to pretend everything was all rosy he would just go work for RamsTV. Obviously tension is building between the club and RD. 

Unfortunately for him I think RamsTV prefer their employees to be good at their job 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’d much prefer radio derby commentary to tell us about what’s happening on the pitch. They’re more concerned with giving their point of view and to be honest I don’t care what they think 

That's just it. A radio commentator should be describing the action to the listener, not giving his own opinions. I don't mind the pundit (Ramage) doing that but Dawes is the worst commentator they've ever had on Radio Derby. I gave up with them last season.

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’d much prefer radio derby commentary to tell us about what’s happening on the pitch. They’re more concerned with giving their point of view and to be honest I don’t care what they think 

They always overanalyse everything the manager can’t win sometimes, also annoys me how often they contradict themselves, doesn’t stop me listening to every phone in though ?

I like to hear the views of the Radio Derby contingency after the game. I don't agree with them the majority of the time , but if we all agreed how boring would that be ? There fans like us and voice there opinion , as we do , hence why we all spend half our damn life's on here . 

Frank Lampard has just told us that Mason Bennett's goal for Derby was as good as Gareth Bale's in last season's Champions League Final. OK, this was at home against Wigan - but what a strike.

39 minutes ago, desirelines said:

What did he say after the Villa game? I was on media blackout after that game. 

one point he raged that the team selection was "an insult to the fans that had travelled". Frank made some fairly mild comments about people being too ready to be negative, and poor results in february being a self-fulfilling prophecy because of the way some people jumped on the team at the first sign of anything negative. As soon as the interview had finished ED dived in ripping into his comments, which kind of proved Frank's point really. 

Maybe with Ramstv, Radio Derby feel they have to bring a balance, forcing more negativity. 

I expect and want Radio Derby to have a slight bias our way. They also have a duty to ask the difficult questions that may arise but they have to allow the manager to answer. They also aren't the centre of information that they once were so the commentary is where it all counts. 

I am glad we have them but I do wish they weren't sometimes so quick to be negative.

12 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Maybe with Ramstv, Radio Derby feel they have to bring a balance, forcing more negativity. 

I expect and want Radio Derby to have a slight bias our way. They also have a duty to ask the difficult questions that may arise but they have to allow the manager to answer. They also aren't the centre of information that they once were so the commentary is where it all counts. 

I am glad we have them but I do wish they weren't sometimes so quick to be negative.

Due to age and mobility issues unfortunately I have to listen to radio derby when we arent on TV. And whilst i agree that they should be allowed to ask awkard questions when interviewing the manager.But their job is to commentate on the game without endless immature in jokes and Ramages sending out friends and family name checks oh for the return of days Graham Richards and Ian Hall

I think Radio Derby havent quite got the balance right, ofcourse they are allowed their own opinions but a bit of balance is also well over due. Got to say I don’t think Ramage and Dawes bring out the best in each other, both are very defensive rather than having more open discussions about topics. Perfect example is getting mardy over Lampard’s remarks rather than discussing them with honesty and taking some of it on board. We dont expect them to be happy clapping, but they need to be constructive and balanced in what they do and not just fans.

9 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Due to age and mobility issues unfortunately I have to listen to radio derby when we arent on TV. And whilst i agree that they should be allowed to ask awkard questions when interviewing the manager.But their job is to commentate on the game without endless immature in jokes and Ramages sending out friends and family name checks oh for the return of days Graham Richards and Ian Hall

Ian Hall was the dullest person that ever appeared on radio, in the history of radio.

Graham was the voice of my childhood.

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Ian Hall was the dullest person that ever appeared on radio, in the history of radio.

Graham was the voice of my childhood.

not the most charismatic voice but was fair in his summaries and was the last player to play for the RaMS AND dERBYSHIRE i BELIEVE 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I gave up with them last season.

It was Millwall away last season when I switched off. At the time I couldn't decide if it was Rowett’s football or their commentary that made me turn it off. After watching more games at the end of the season I thought it was the football, so I put them back on and realised it was actually both them and the football.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Unfortunately for him I think RamsTV prefer their employees to be good at their job 

Also helps if they can pronounce the players names correctly if you are providing a match commentary. Ramage struggles with the more unusual names, like Evans and Wilson.

Richards, Hall and Gibson could be equally negative about the club as the current incumbents.  RD have also always been overly defensive about their negativity, often trotting out the same old lines about ‘telling it how it is’ and ‘not being a mouthpiece for DCFC’ etc.  However, it is amazing how often their apparently unbiased objective role turns turns into (or is used as an excuse for) being overly and overtly critical.

Dawes is particularly bad.  He should stop trying to be a commentator and a pundit, stop with the cringeworthy banter with Ramage, stop the snide asides and get on with telling me who has passed to whom.  As for Ramage, he has some good moments, but he also has the attention span of a goldfish.  The team is literally only as good as it’s last 5 minutes with him.  They do seem to egg each other on too.  

I don’t want them to be telling me it’s brilliant if it’s bad, but I want it to be reported accurately and fairly. All too often I get in the car on the way home and think I’ve been to a different game from what they are analysing.

* sigh * I just have to get this off my chest every now and again albeit they have mostly driven me away from listening, but when I do it’s generally horrible.

Ramage is a fan. And he reacts to what he sees developing in front of him just like the rest of us. He  lives in the moment and his passion shows through.

Was anyone confident of turning Villa over with a midfield that had never played together before, including a kid who’d been hauled off at halftime in his last game against Southampton?

I certainly wasn’t and we got what we deserved. That was Franks fault pure and simple and Ramage called him out on it as many of us did.

RD aren’t negative they are fans of Derby County and for the most part call it as it is. 

Frank getting spiky about it is good because it shows his passion. He needed to vent a bit and as he’s shown he won’t call his players out.

ED was saying that Ramage was squirming in his seat as they took their last free kick. I was too, Lampard was looking away and all three of us where thinking “don’t ducking go in”

Archived