Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Archied said:

The one who used to play for villa?

28 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Brian?  yep that's him

what was the question?

No.  Villa Played for Tottingham. 

Brian was married to Little Eva... The singer... nothing to do with football.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Derby County Football Club Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Gellaw which in turn is a 100% subsidiary of Sevco  (can't remember the numbers off the top of my head). Mel is the 100% shareholder of the parent company I believe.

See above ?

GLNew Ltd is the interesting newcomer

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He could have said I didn’t read it, don’t waste my time reading newspapers, especially the Daily Mail or I’m just here to talk about the game to be fair.

What he did say isn’t anything we haven’t already been told, sounds like Frank was also made well aware as he was the financial situation when he joined. No hidden surprises which have been sprung on him.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Derby County Football Club Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Gellaw which in turn is a 100% subsidiary of Sevco  (can't remember the numbers off the top of my head). Mel is the 100% shareholder of the parent company I believe.

Selling the shares of Derby County Football Club would not make any funds available to the club.

Pretty sure measures will be in place to stop such attempts at circumnavigating FFP rules.

Servco 5112 is indeed the parent company.

Not surprisingly MM has interest in several other companies, some of which has only recently been taken over and he appears to prefer this approach of having a parent club for most. 

Agree it would be difficult to bypass FFP rules however I don’t think impossible (not that I’m an expert in any way shape or form), that said given MM has been at the forefront of sticking to these guidelines I’d say that was the main reason why he wouldn’t go down any of these routes. 

Mel Morris is everything we need, everything we support, everything we love about Derby County Football Club.

He is DCFC, he is there, I hope he stays there forever as Nobody Else Will Be There, like Super Mel Morris is.

Keep up the Brilliant work Mel. Love, Life & Unity.

From the rule book on guidance on FFP

Maximum loss limits

Championship clubs will be allowed to lose an average of £13m a season (or £5m if the owner doesn’t inject cash into the club to cover the loss). Hence, a long-standing Championship is able to lose up to £39m over the three-season assessment period.

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

Comment:

Assessment is in March each year. Last year Derby were very close based on two actual accounting period years showing around £23m total losses and an assesment of the unexpired financial year of a further £15m. So £38m in total.

Mel then had to cover those losses in investment to keep the club solvent and cash positive. The picture is very similar for the last 12 months.

Options to invest (new money for players) for an owner rely on the owner being able to create an injection of cash that is classed as income rather than investment. An example of this is Man City who poured in millions under the guise of sponsorshipfrom Ethihad Airways (I see this is now being investigated).

So as a fan and owner I am sure the good guy he is has concluded that as he is running out of investment wiggle room (he has the money but his hands are tied in terms of how he can get it in without penalty) the best thing for the club he loves and wants to see succeed would be new owners who bring new ways to put cash in and not be penalised.

Hope Mel continues to commit to the club for the long term.Would be great if he could attract a 2nd party to heavily invest in the club whilst Mel remained the majority share holder as I believe he has the Club interest at heart.

5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Hope Mel continues to commit to the club for the long term.Would be great if he could attract a 2nd party to heavily invest in the club whilst Mel remained the majority share holder as I believe he has the Club interest at heart.

Don't see that as a very attractive proposition to any potential investors.

14 hours ago, ram1964 said:

I bet there's a queue of people rushing to kick his door down to grasp that amazing opportunity 

Archived