Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

15 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Nothing Im afraid. He was on non football business.  

So you were sat on a train for a couple of hours next to Mel Morris, but because after obviously asking him if he was on football business and finding out that he wasn't, you didn't ask him anything football related at all? ?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So you were sat on a train for a couple of hours next to Mel Morris, but because after obviously asking him if he was on football business and finding out that he wasn't, you didn't ask him anything football related at all? ?

Are you alluding to the fact it didn’t happen?

Maybe he got a cheesy selfie?

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Busted, I made it all up to post on a forum............?.

He was on a business trip with someone else, not talking about football, and I was with my Mrs on the same table. 

Perhaps I should of booed him and told him to splash the cash? 

54 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

He was on a business trip with someone else, not talking about football, and I was with my Mrs on the same table. 

You know for next time! ?

I've worked hard all my life, and so has my wife, so we've built up a little kitty which I'm willing to invest in the club to takeover from Mel.

If Mel is willing to step aside, and let me fund the day to day running of the club in return for shares, I'm willing to take it forward, as long as he doesn't tell the missus.

Is anyone else willing to join me in investing, under my plan I would take over on midnight on June 1st, and would be looking for additional investment from midday on June 2nd onwards.

Any takers!

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Honestly hadn't entered my head that you might have made it up until @Boycie suggested that was what I was saying. Just surprised me that you hadn't at least asked something football related, though your explanation explains the reason perfectly.

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I've worked hard all my life, and so has my wife, so we've built up a little kitty which I'm willing to invest in the club to takeover from Mel.

If Mel is willing to step aside, and let me fund the day to day running of the club in return for shares, I'm willing to take it forward, as long as he doesn't tell the missus.

Is anyone else willing to join me in investing, under my plan I would take over on midnight on June 1st, and would be looking for additional investment from midday on June 2nd onwards.

Any takers!

I'll take it midday on the 2nd until around 1300 on the same day 

On 08/03/2019 at 16:56, Ramleicester said:

From the rule book on guidance on FFP

Maximum loss limits

Championship clubs will be allowed to lose an average of £13m a season (or £5m if the owner doesn’t inject cash into the club to cover the loss). Hence, a long-standing Championship is able to lose up to £39m over the three-season assessment period.

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

Comment:

Assessment is in March each year. Last year Derby were very close based on two actual accounting period years showing around £23m total losses and an assesment of the unexpired financial year of a further £15m. So £38m in total.

Mel then had to cover those losses in investment to keep the club solvent and cash positive. The picture is very similar for the last 12 months.

Options to invest (new money for players) for an owner rely on the owner being able to create an injection of cash that is classed as income rather than investment. An example of this is Man City who poured in millions under the guise of sponsorshipfrom Ethihad Airways (I see this is now being investigated).

So as a fan and owner I am sure the good guy he is has concluded that as he is running out of investment wiggle room (he has the money but his hands are tied in terms of how he can get it in without penalty) the best thing for the club he loves and wants to see succeed would be new owners who bring new ways to put cash in and not be penalised.

Not new owners just added investment

21 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I bet there's a queue of people rushing to kick his door down to grasp that amazing opportunity 

If they can't get in his front door they could smash his back door in fer the amazing opportunity. I would if I had a chance 

BuckTaylor64

If you go study the accounts released last year, you will see that he moved 100 employees from Derby County to Sevco 5112. If you look at the losses combined of those two companies, the figure of 3m a month is quite believable. I'd say over the next few weeks you will discover the sale of the club is on the cards! It may not be completed though til the new financial year starts which is 1st July. Without new owners or new investment, don't expect too many signings during the summer!

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

I wonder if one bidder would be Mike Ashley if he sold Newcastle as he is local to Derbyshire

Mike Ashley has been my guess.

For all the bad press Ashley gets, I bet he spent a heck of a lot more money on Newcastle than Mel has with Derby. He is clearly willing to spend cash.

I thought of Ashley as soon as it said Mel would keep the stadium, as I am sure this would stop Ashley renaming PP to Sports Direct Arena.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For all the bad press Ashley gets, I bet he spent a heck of a lot more money on Newcastle than Mel has with Derby. He is clearly willing to spend cash.

I thought of Ashley as soon as it said Mel would keep the stadium, as I am sure this would stop Ashley renaming PP to Sports Direct Arena.

2+2=5

15 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I know he never takes a dump upstairs at his home, as he has a downstairs cloakroom. 

Anybody else got any revealing Mel insights?

I hear he has a trained chimpanzee dressed as a court jester to entertain him at breakfast .  Apparently  it can also hand roll Cuban cigars for dinner guests.

9 hours ago, Inglorius said:

He's only local to Derbyshire as he runs that sweatshop in Shirebrook 

Correctomundo. 

He's a Savverner. And a businessman first and last with no personal affinity for football. 

Anyone who thinks that someone like Mike Ashley is a stable lon term investor wants their heads looking at. May as well ask for Philip Green on the basis that there's a Farnah Green near Belper ?

11 hours ago, Inglorius said:

He's only local to Derbyshire as he runs that sweatshop in Shirebrook 

I won't have you dragging the good name of sweatshops through the mud like that.

The slaves who built the pyramids were treated better than he treats his staff.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mike Ashley is the complete opposite of someone who is willing to spend cash. He runs Newcastle like any other company and tries to get them turning a profit even if that means they cant ever buy any players. Before the Jan transfer window of this year Newcastles record transfer fee was 16.5 mill they paid for Owen in 2005. Its Ashleys transfer policy that keeps seeing them relegated from the Prem.

I give up if mike ashley buys us.

Archived