Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Some people just have a yearning for a "strong man" type in charge.

If he'd stayed, yes be further down the line of having a Pearson team who could play 4-4-2 kick it down the field really fast and run really fast after it but what he did was borderline unforgivable, inheriting a team that played attractive football and had just fallen slightly short and deciding to sell Hendrick and rip up the rest because they were no good....If Rowett had stayed we'd be futher down the rabbit hole of being a rowettball team. Nigel Pearson was the wrong man for the job, flat out wrong - there are other clubs who he would've suited perhaps, his leicester team that went up were good but he wasn't the right choice, the only one I really disagreed with despite the clamour on here for a strong man like Pearson to sort out the skill and flair and goalscoring and remove it completely.....

To be fair Hendrick was clear he wanted to leave when Burnley became interested.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be fair Hendrick was clear he wanted to leave when Burnley became interested.

Fair point, thing was of our midfielders at the time Jeff was probably the only one suited to what pearson wanted to do. But yeah, can't blame him for wanting PL, i think he's doing alright for them these days. I just get ranty about Pearson.

Im just catching up with this thread. 

Interesting, I overheard a conversation at the end of last season regarding the finances at the club, and that the current spend (april 18) couldn't last more than 1 season. 

We will have to see the latest accounts to see if any remedial action was taken in the summer 18. 

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Im just catching up with this thread. 

Interesting, I overheard a conversation at the end of last season regarding the finances at the club, and that the current spend (april 18) couldn't last more than 1 season. 

We will have to see the latest accounts to see if any remedial action was taken in the summer 18. 

Please drop this if you haven't got any evidence. If we do end up over FFP, then someone will need shooting, but apparently accounts are fine.

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fair point, thing was of our midfielders at the time Jeff was probably the only one suited to what pearson wanted to do. But yeah, can't blame him for wanting PL, i think he's doing alright for them these days. I just get ranty about Pearson.

Of the players we lost , he was the one I was most disappointed about.   That first game after Euro 16 he totally dominated the midfield against a Brighton team that got promoted.  Don't get many midfielders with his engine and the ability too play equally well left and right footed at this level.

On 05/03/2019 at 12:07, 'Rambe33 said:

Would be gutted to see him go. Wouldn't be surprised hearing and seeing the amount of money he's draining and the abuse he gets from fans. Very hard to win as an owner with fans. Either he gets chastised for not spending money, but then when he does put faith in managers to go and spend it, its his fault for allowing them to go to market? Surely as a manager it is on you the players you buy and what you spend not the Chairman. 

He's done a lot of good work for Derby and I want him to continue. Yes mistakes have been made along the way and thats the roll of the dice. Had we won at Wembley god knows what could have happened with Morris at the helm in the Prem. We were riding such a wave that season. 

Sadly he can maybe be at fault for putting too much faith in individuals in pursuit of the Prem such as Sam Rush, the managers who bought badly and at inflated prices but he'd be criticised for over-trusting individuals in that case. 

I would be keen to stick with it for at least another season with Frank as manager, get the clear out done and go from there. Norwich and Leeds have shown you don't need to go ballistic with transfers. Be savvy and have a recognised spine of quality, hard working passionate players and bed in around this. Leeds and Norwich have done this with youth around them mainly introduced to games when the older legs are tiring and in bursts from the bench. This is what we need. 

Very much be careful what you wish for. 

So very very well put

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:33, G STAR RAM said:

With these figures you are assuming that we are going to be making  £15m profit on players sales every year.

You may think that what the Mail is posting is rubbish but it really isn't.

Our operating loss in 2017 was £24m.

No I didn't - I said Mel was investing???

On 05/03/2019 at 13:37, cheron85 said:

I would imagine we're looking for investors though - trying to think this through logically so anyone with finance background please correct me - If Mel is 100% owner of the club he can't add in money because FFP rules - However if he were able to sell a portion of the club to an investor the money from the sale could be spent on players (one would assume?) - The new investors still wouldn't be able to add any more money in but the initial share-buying money could be I think? 

The money would not be DCFCs, it would be the parent company selling the shares, not the club.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The money would not be DCFCs, it would be the parent company selling the shares, not the club.

I don't think we have one - We just have the club - Parent companies are generally set up if there are multiple owners and/or they want some form of protection between themselves and the club in case of bankruptcy 

However I'm pretty sure we just have the club:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ownership-board

And if you look up the company number on gov.uk it says:

Incorporated on

14 August 1896

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think we have one - We just have the club - Parent companies are generally set up if there are multiple owners and/or they want some form of protection between themselves and the club in case of bankruptcy 

Incorporated on

14 August 1896

Nah - there is more to it than that i think.

If you look on Companies House there is Gellaw 101

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05710942

The directors of that are Melvyn Morris and Stephen Pearce

Then the Derby County Football Club is a totally separate legal entity

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00049139

Mel & Pearce are directors there too - but also Roy MacFarland, John Kirkland & David Williams (who is he???)

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

Nah - there is more to it than that i think.

If you look on Companies House there is Gellaw 101

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05710942

The directors of that are Melvyn Morris and Stephen Pearce

Then the Derby County Football Club is a totally separate legal entity

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00049139

Mel & Pearce are directors there too - but also Roy MacFarland, John Kirkland & David Williams (who is he???)

Guy out of Little Britain?

Actually reading the last filing and Gellaw decribes itself as an "intermediate holding company with two subsidiaries DCFC Ltd and Derby County Stadium Ltd)" and the parent company is given as Sevco 5112

So it is a bit of a web, but the implication is that Mel is looking to sell the DCFC Ltd bit and retain the Derby County Stadium Ltd bit

Some very quick digging on Companies House and it looks like the structure is along the lines of:

Sevco 5113 bought Global Derby UK Ltd ("The Americans") in 2015

Global Derby UK was the parent of Gellaw 101

Gellaw 101 owned Derby County Ltd 100%

Sevco 5113 was then sold to Sevco 5112 in 2016 (and various other companies were brought together under it)

Sevco 5112 is now the parent company that owns

Club DCFC Ltd (Catering and Hospitality arm of DCFC)
Stadia DCFC Ltd (Corporate and Sponsorship arm of DCFC)
Derby County FC Academy Ltd (The Academy)
Gellaw 101 (the holding company that contains Derby County FC Ltd (The Club) and Derby County Stadium (The Ground)

One thing I didn't realise is that Sevco 5112 - the ultimate owning company appears to be owned by Mel Morris and his son Christopher..

Also Interesting though that 3 months ago Mel incorporated a new company called GLNEW Ltd which now appears to have him as sole director with 1 share in Derby County Football Club Ltd...the plot thickens

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11675367

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Incorporated on

14 August 1896

Derby County Football Club Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Gellaw which in turn is a 100% subsidiary of Sevco  (can't remember the numbers off the top of my head). Mel is the 100% shareholder of the parent company I believe.

Selling the shares of Derby County Football Club would not make any funds available to the club.

Pretty sure measures will be in place to stop such attempts at circumnavigating FFP rules.

Archived