Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

Ambitious

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, David said:

You will have faced a number of interviews yourself over the years, knowing you would be asked questions such as “What do you feel you would bring to this company”, “describe yourself as a person, what motivates you” did you walk into the interview with a few answers up your sleeve or go completely off the cuff?

I always do research on any company and the person interviewing me prior with pre defined answers given, however these are very much based on what they want to hear In order to get the job, rather than what my answer would be off the cuff. Which is exactly my point, how do you know you are not being told what they want you to hear, do you believe that if Mels pockets are emptying he would deliver this message at the fans forum (not saying they are just an example)

Hence my question, you can refer to previous events to give you some guidance, I totally accept that the manager may have changed, but I wondered if he had said anything about off field activities that could be used as an example of hin delivering on what he set out to, the youth academy I’m sure is probably a good example ?

Not sure why it’s a criticism if I believe that the  answers to certain questions will be pre designed to appease rather than giving the full picture, I haven’t said there is anything wrong with that, just that I didn’t take the offer up of a ticket because I believe it is a PR stunt, others don’t and that’s fair enough.

56 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I always do research on any company and the person interviewing me prior with pre defined answers given, however these are very much based on what they want to hear In order to get the job, rather than what my answer would be off the cuff. Which is exactly my point, how do you know you are not being told what they want you to hear, do you believe that if Mels pockets are emptying he would deliver this message at the fans forum (not saying they are just an example)

Hence my question, you can refer to previous events to give you some guidance, I totally accept that the manager may have changed, but I wondered if he had said anything about off field activities that could be used as an example of hin delivering on what he set out to, the youth academy I’m sure is probably a good example ?

Not sure why it’s a criticism if I believe that the  answers to certain questions will be pre designed to appease rather than giving the full picture, I haven’t said there is anything wrong with that, just that I didn’t take the offer up of a ticket because I believe it is a PR stunt, others don’t and that’s fair enough.

Understand what you are saying but not entirely sure it's fair, at a previous fans forum I recall Mel not wanting to guarantee FFP would not be an issue for us, could not predict the future.

Now if these events were an everything is rosey, did you know you can now renew your season ticket for the early bird price, would he not have sat there and said don't worry about it, we'll be fine as they have and we have been in previous years?

Clearly we are close to that line having spent a great deal of money in previous seasons, even if some refuse to believe it as they watch the likes of Stoke splashing millions and asking why not us then declaring Mel bankrupt.

That's one example for you, Mel has always said he would back his manager 100%, dare any fan honestly say that has not been the case?

Some question why Clement was given money to spend when he left the club shortly after, if you're the manager of this club you will be backed till the day you leave.

Now some again will argue that the owner should put his foot down, say no, you're not selling Will Hughes or loaning Chris Martin out for example, those same some will tell you a week later that they want the owner to stay in a locked room, never to be seen or heard and just sign the cheques as they passed under his door.

Can't have it both ways.

Understand your reasons for rejecting a ticket even if I don't share your views on the events, and this isn't aimed to you, but I find it interesting that when these events are announced the vocal "why are they not asking the right questions?" fans also refuse to attend.

Ok this time it's been a random draw for tickets but that hasn't been in previous years, and I've never seen the club refuse to answer any questions unless they wasn't able to for legal reasons (Sam Rush).

When I have visited Moor Farm with fans from the forum I have been asked to bring a mixture of views, those with hard hitting questions online were invited but were unwilling/unable to attend.

Some to be fair was due to location, but others prefer to smash their keyboard than actually pose the questions they have face to face and I find it a bit odd to be honest, but each to their own.

We've never lost a member down there,none are buried under the pitches, all heads have been accounted for when leaving! 

internet reality GIF

39 minutes ago, David said:

Understand what you are saying but not entirely sure it's fair, at a previous fans forum I recall Mel not wanting to guarantee FFP would not be an issue for us, could not predict the future.

Now if these events were an everything is rosey, did you know you can now renew your season ticket for the early bird price, would he not have sat there and said don't worry about it, we'll be fine as they have and we have been in previous years?

Clearly we are close to that line having spent a great deal of money in previous seasons, even if some refuse to believe it as they watch the likes of Stoke splashing millions and asking why not us then declaring Mel bankrupt.

That's one example for you, Mel has always said he would back his manager 100%, dare any fan honestly say that has not been the case?

Some question why Clement was given money to spend when he left the club shortly after, if you're the manager of this club you will be backed till the day you leave.

Now some again will argue that the owner should put his foot down, say no, you're not selling Will Hughes or loaning Chris Martin out for example, those same some will tell you a week later that they want the owner to stay in a locked room, never to be seen or heard and just sign the cheques as they passed under his door.

Can't have it both ways.

Understand your reasons for rejecting a ticket even if I don't share your views on the events, and this isn't aimed to you, but I find it interesting that when these events are announced the vocal "why are they not asking the right questions?" fans also refuse to attend.

Ok this time it's been a random draw for tickets but that hasn't been in previous years, and I've never seen the club refuse to answer any questions unless they wasn't able to for legal reasons (Sam Rush).

When I have visited Moor Farm with fans from the forum I have been asked to bring a mixture of views, those with hard hitting questions online were invited but were unwilling/unable to attend.

Some to be fair was due to location, but others prefer to smash their keyboard than actually pose the questions they have face to face and I find it a bit odd to be honest, but each to their own.

We've never lost a member down there,none are buried under the pitches, all heads have been accounted for when leaving! 

Maybe you misunderstand my point, I’m definitely not having a pop at anything MM has done for this club, I commend him for putting his money in and if it has no long term detrimental impact to the club then long may it continue, if he has to secure investment to continue then once again no problem with that.

If of course we suddenly became subject of any FFP regulations then of course the blame would solely lie at his door imo, backing the manager would not be an excuse, however once again I have no reason to question that we would be the case.

I’m also not in any way saying that the right questions are not being asked, would be hypocritical of me to say that having turned the opportunity to attend, my point is that I don’t believe there will be an answer to the FFP question that will no arise that will provide us enough information to gauge how much manoeuvrability we will have against the regulations to which you alluded was the perfect opportunity to have this question answered.

As I said, I didn’t really want to debate the fans forum though, as we will never agree on it, it was more of a general question if MM had said anything at your original meeting where you thought he had given you an insight on anything that has been delivered, managers aside. Thanks for replying on that ?

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Has anyone actually got any factual news to pass on as to who the potential investors / buyers / A.N, other might be please, or is all of this propagated from the news article cited earlier in the thread? Ta.

The Times say Keith Wyness is looking for potential buyers/investors for us and that the club is "attracting interest from the American Market", which is very vague. Not seen anything anymore concrete than that.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The Times say Keith Wyness is looking for potential buyers/investors for us and that the club is "attracting interest from the American Market", which is very vague. Not seen anything anymore concrete than that.

Thanks mate ?

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Seem to remember us being bought for a £1 before...??

The three amigos bought us for £3. I assume price of purchase is proportional to level of competence, so whoever we sell it to for £1 will be 3 times worse than them.

I reckon the forum should just chip in - we could probably get a tenner together between us for the initial purchase, David covers Mels debts with his forum millions, then we all make a nice profit when we are back in the Prem.

On 18/03/2019 at 18:09, Abu Derby said:

I’m hoping it’s not Trump who will be investing. The thought of playing at Trump Park fills me with dread. That would stink rotten. 

All hot air.

He’ll not follow through with it.

Archived