Sack Frank

DCFC27

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to remember that Forest now have a man at the helm who is already in the top tier of managers as far as I’m concerned.

He learned under the Great Man himself.

All Frank has going for him is being a great player, a great England ?‍✈️ captain and a steep learning curve. He is a fine medium term acquisition for the Rams ? He needs time and support mingled with realistic aims and objectives.

Rome wasn’t managed by Cloughie back in the day it was built either!

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Personally I’d have thought it was Frank coming good, silly me ?

I wouldn't go as far as silly.

Of course FL coming good would be the ideal situation as would Clement, Pearson or Rowett coming good, for some reason though, despite the football being as bad as what was served up under them 3, some seem unwilling to challenge what FL is doing, mainly based on factors that don't really have anything to do with him.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wouldn't go as far as silly.

Of course FL coming good would be the ideal situation as would Clement, Pearson or Rowett coming good, for some reason though, despite the football being as bad as what was served up under them 3, some seem unwilling to challenge what FL is doing, mainly based on factors that don't really have anything to do with him.

Depends what you class as challenge I suppose, if it’s the brand of football etc then I’d agree, however if it’s sacking him then certainly not.

Still not sure why people harp on to these previous managers, they all failed, not one of them succeeded, I would argue the football has been as good if not better than under previous tenor however that is subjective. FL has has the least net spend out of the lot, had to replace key players and is going for a long term solution that will take time. Even Pep in his first season had a transitional one, it’s going to happen, come 12 months and it’s the same then id understand these threads more.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

And perhaps the fans can get behind them in the first place. Maybe they are just playing to the silence that we seem to create week in week out.

I know some are going to say, you only shout when there is something to shout about, but this is rubbish. Others IE Leeds manage to cheer and shout no matter what.

I think supporters do a very good job in supporting the players. Brighton, turned up in numbers. Forest sold out, Villa sold out. 

I dont go to games and sing, clap and dance all game. I go to watch a game of football and if it’s good, my support would get louder. 

Maybe they are playing to the silence???? Rubbish, they are paid to do a job regardless of supporters. 

I don't think it unreasonable to question the manager at this point but to suggest sacking is lunacy.

When appointing Lampard we seemed realistic in that it would be a learning curve and support and time was needed, that support is even more crucial in the bad times.

When watching the last few matches, one problem is the lack of partnerships in the team. Aside from Keogh and Tomori. No one else seems to know what anyone else will do.

Lampard has rotated, sometimes forced, sometimes not. Aside from Mount early in the season, no midfielder has put in consistently good performances. Huddlestone ranges from majestic to lumbering donkey. Johnson has had some good performances and some very poor ones. Evans been injured too much. King, well, might not see much of him. Ledley started the season and vanished. As for Bryson, I had high hopes but he has been very poor. Wilson, very hit and miss and light weight at best. Holmes is perhaps the one recent bright spark.

What can Lampard do? When we had Mount fully fit, he linked up well with Lawrence, Wilson and Marriott. It seemed they understood each other. I don't see any other understanding in midfield. There also seems to be a lack of trust of playing the ball into feet higher up the pitch.

Rotation works if those coming in play as though they want to be first choice. Who is doing that?

Get to the summer and rebuild the midfield. Huddlestone, Bryson and Johnson are not the answer.

I do also wonder if the realisation of how tough the job is hasn't dampened the enthusiasm of Lampard. He got the fine early on for getting carried away, he has then had spygate to deal with. That on top of fan expectations, press coverage and his own high standards.

That all said, we are still well placed and could still have a great finish. Get behind the club and maybe we might give them the lift that some of them need.

11 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Lost my patience this season now, nowhere near as good as we should be, but the worst part is there is no passion in that team. Poor results you can deal with bad performances can be frustrating but we haven’t turned up for a game since before Christmas, what is completely unacceptable is not turning up to play at all against your bitter rivals. Embarrassment.

Have a word with yourself - you're the embarrassment

I wouldn't sack Frank probably best to give him till the end of next season to identify if the club is going anywhere. I am concerned with performances of late though and the total rubbish he talks in interviews at times. I do often wonder what Jody Morris would be like as a manager? did well with the lads at Chelsea, after all Wassall had his chance. I think we have a good thing in Frank and hope he sticks around but there is no identity at the moment and the murmurs are growing louder as the games progress.

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Depends what you class as challenge I suppose, if it’s the brand of football etc then I’d agree, however if it’s sacking him then certainly not.

Still not sure why people harp on to these previous managers, they all failed, not one of them succeeded, I would argue the football has been as good if not better than under previous tenor however that is subjective. FL has has the least net spend out of the lot, had to replace key players and is going for a long term solution that will take time. Even Pep in his first season had a transitional one, it’s going to happen, come 12 months and it’s the same then id understand these threads more.

Nowhere will you see me calling for FL to be sacked just as you wouldn't have with the other 3 that I mentioned. If you are classing Rowett as a failure then anything less than 6th place this season should be viewed as the same.

Said before that I don't view this 'net spend' as relevant.

Interesting to see that Vydra and Weimann are now mentioned as key players. I'd have a read back through threads from last season and see if they were described as such, by many, last season.

And if they were key players last season that was in a system which so many hated, so absolutely no reason to believe they would be the same in FLs system.

At the end of the day FL has spent £15m on players brought in to suit his system and he should be being judged on is how well the system is being implemented and how good his recruitment for that system has been.

From what I read though I am see him being given plaudits for lowering the wage bill (doubt he has), lowering the age of the squad (mainly done using young loanees) and introducing a better brand of football (in about 5 games from what I have seen).

Very interesting to see his recruitment in the summer, I'd say his record so far is very hit and miss.

11 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Definitely worth the discussion, if this was another manager we’d be calling for it already but as it’s Frank why is it any different... another manager wouldn’t survive much longer if we carry on as we are. 

What was you expecting this season? We are 7th yes we are on a bad run and are struggling at the moment and even if we fall away and finish 13th we have to give Frank more time with a massive summer coming up with lots of players thankfully out of contract.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Great counter argument. I don't agree with the original post ,but I find it really grating the ''go support x'' response which is a go to for so many. He is clearly a Derby fan who is pissed off with how we are at the moment. Give reasons we should keep with Frank, not just that weak retort.

It is the same rhetoric we hear every year. "Sack x manager". And evidently it is what tends to happen, we've had five full time managers in the last three years. But nothing changes. When people are angry after several poor results it is the default argument, "sack the manager". It is boring. 

But why? What are people after? Promotion? Free flowing attacking football? Okay, but why the rush? Why the need for immediate promotion? Why does the goal have to be achieved in less than 12 months? Yes, some teams appoint a manager and it just seems to click. But for the vast majority, it doesn't work like that. What is wrong with a bit of fortitude? Is 9 months the limit of peoples' patience?

Many have already stated that we don't have the money to invest properly in the squad or the money to fully support a transition period. But how is piddling more money up the wall on new managers, new backroom staff, new ideas going to get us closer the the goal?

I'm not convinced. We've all seen it over the past years, changing managers doesn't work. So I'm not convinced on changing this one. 

We all know that at the end of the season a bunch of players are out of contact, several are returning to their parent clubs, at least one is retiring. So next year we have another opportunity to try and build a squad. 

Do people really want to get promotion this year? Based on the squad and performances? I personally don't want to scrape up through the playoffs and endure a torrid season in the Prem. I'd like to give it a go when were in a better position as a club, as a squad, as a team. 

I don't see the rush. Okay, so we sack the manager, replace him with... someone. For what? To get promotion? To scrape up? Nah, not for me. I don't see the harm in waiting and trying again next year. On the whole, barring the last few games I've been enjoying this season. We've seen what Frank has been trying to achieve at the start/mid period of the season. 

Maybe I'm not the typical fan. Maybe I have a bit more patience and less of a desire for instantiations success. Maybe I'm not as fussed about getting promotion. Maybe I'd prefer a little more stability than the average fan. Or maybe myself too is just delirious. 

Archived