O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

And ??....why keep banging on about the past ? your view on whos performed well is just that ,...your view...fact is Russell and co didn't get us promoted so it obviously wasn't that successful was it ????....them players aren't here anymore so get over it,can't keep looking back and comparing or how far do you go back???? Mcfarland, Todd ? 

Ah, the old entitled "no promotion, no success" whinge. I have to wonder why people with your attitude even bother supporting Derby County, a club who have spent as much time outside the top flight as they have in it. Yes, it is only my view on who performs well, but them my view is more nuanced than "promotion=good, no promotion=bad".

If you can make a salient point by giving examples of things McFarland and Todd were good at that we're now lacking, then why not bring them up?

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course he is - if he's now fit - his game relies on his footballing ability and footballing intelligence, that hasn't changed. He's not played, or been fit to play, in a settled side for a manager who chose him since Fulham.

But the midfield is indeed a particularly worrying area for us atm.

The ‘if he’s now fit’ is the most important part though, similar to Thorne in that respect. Personally feel he’d have a role, even if it was what Nugent currently does.

To be honest the debate of whether Martin would fit this current side is certainly relevant and would be quite an interesting one, unfortunately like all those threads it’ll be highjacked and rendered a pointless exercise that no one can be bothered to discuss 

ALSO let’s face it the relevance of any Martin debate is purely based on the form of Waghorn which says a lot about his indifferent season overall (and I like Waghorn!)

12 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

ALSO let’s face it the relevance of any Martin debate is purely based on the form of Waghorn which says a lot about his indifferent season overall (and I like Waghorn!)

Well, yes but no but. Have we three strikers on the books? But Nuge couldn't hit a cows arse, Jack is getting little service and less support, not even sure I could say where he's being asked to play currently and Waghorn only gets to be stand-in striker? Seems we're actually a little short of numbers up front to be honest as lots of our strikers are seen as wide-men. 

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

Ah, the old entitled "no promotion, no success" whinge. I have to wonder why people with your attitude even bother supporting Derby County, a club who have spent as much time outside the top flight as they have in it. Yes, it is only my view on who performs well, but them my view is more nuanced than "promotion=good, no promotion=bad".

If you can make a salient point by giving examples of things McFarland and Todd were good at that we're now lacking, then why not bring them up?

lol people like you make me laugh.....why do people like me support Derby County......?? I do support Derby County and don't live anywhere near Derby in fact about 180 miles away and attend most matches home and away and never boo or get on players backs so dont't you bother wasting your time questioning my attitude, I'm a fan a proper fan and have followed us through thick and yes mainly thin times like midweek games away in midweek at places like Rotherham and Doncaster and Grimsby etc when we were in Division 3 or league 1 now and still make the journeys and support us with good voice , if it was all about promotion as you put it then I wouldn't bother would I?? but i do so guess what i must be a proper fan so reel your neck in mate and perhaps don't get involved in what was not your post in the first place, in fact people like you spouting off saying i've got an attitude give me the raving hump because you don't know me so don't question my attitude over an opinion based on the fact that Russell was not succesful in my view yes my view ( if thats ok ) not purely based on promotion but the fact i don't think he was particuarly productive so make a comparison with someone like a Ted Mcminn or a Paul Simpson and i may not have reacted at all ...but please don't tell me Russell scores 8 goals a season when in fact it was 6 in 2 seasons ...ok mate 

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The same Chris Martin who has scored two goals in thirty appearances in the last two seasons? No

The one we had in 2012-2013 that made the side tick? Yes, but in the same way I miss Bruce Rioch

Have we signed Rioch again? Blimey Snake's back! Martin hasn't been fit but is still our player and could easily play in our 4-3-3, etc. ?

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have we signed Rioch again? Blimey Snake's back! Martin hasn't been fit but is still our player and could easily play in our 4-3-3, etc. ?

Sadly, the midfield we had out last night Rioch could have easily played in that system as well

7 hours ago, NG2Ram said:

As a result of Sky moving the game to Monday night I had to settle for Watching the game on TV in a dreadful ‘Irish’ bar in Prague (only the second time I’ve missed this fixture at the City Ground since 1971). 

I didn’t think we played that badly apart from a lack of cutting edge up front. I thought Holmes had a great game in midfield, his movement between the lines and his willingness to offer himself for the ball from defence was excellent and something that we’d been sorely missing in the Brighton and Millwall games. We are also missing Mason Mount to link the midfield and attack. We were the better footballing side on the night and I’d much rather watch the style of play that Lampard is trying to achieve than the ‘anti football’ that O’Neill has set Forest up to play. They’re just a modern day version of his ‘pub side with floodlights’ Leicester team from back in the Dark Ages.

On the plus side, Prague is a fine city with interesting heritage.

On the football: I think Holmes had one of his better games and agree he was trying to be positive.

Lampard's football at the moment is horribly boring and predictable. I accept that because it is Forest lots say they are rubbish bla bla, but they looked far more dangerous than Derby, were very organised at the back and broke with intent. They worked harder and put more fight into their work. O'Neil is clearly the smarter manager, he is working the football with what he has got, rather than trying to play a style with players that it is totally alien to their capabilities.

1 hour ago, Saity said:

lol people like you make me laugh.....why do people like me support Derby County......?? I do support Derby County and don't live anywhere near Derby in fact about 180 miles away and attend most matches home and away and never boo or get on players backs so dont't you bother wasting your time questioning my attitude, I'm a fan a proper fan and have followed us through thick and yes mainly thin times like midweek games away in midweek at places like Rotherham and Doncaster and Grimsby etc when we were in Division 3 or league 1 now and still make the journeys and support us with good voice , if it was all about promotion as you put it then I wouldn't bother would I?? but i do so guess what i must be a proper fan so reel your neck in mate and perhaps don't get involved in what was not your post in the first place, in fact people like you spouting off saying i've got an attitude give me the raving hump because you don't know me so don't question my attitude over an opinion based on the fact that Russell was not succesful in my view yes my view ( if thats ok ) not purely based on promotion but the fact i don't think he was particuarly productive so make a comparison with someone like a Ted Mcminn or a Paul Simpson and i may not have reacted at all ...but please don't tell me Russell scores 8 goals a season when in fact it was 6 in 2 seasons ...ok mate 

"fact is Russell and co didn't get us promoted so it obviously wasn't that successful was it ????"

Don't pretend like your criticism was restricted to Russell. You chose to base your argument around writing off players contributions because they didn't lead to promotion.

I'll reply to whatever posts I like. If it causes you such consternation, don't post on a public forum.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah,it was just the 18 in the league plus 2 in the cup that year...

Bloody useless,we certainly don't want that sort of goal scoring record in a 4-3-3 side,it's just not on.

Or that bloody Russell running up and the down the wings scoring goals from lay offs from that loser Martin.

I much prefer what we have had over the past few seasons and im sure we can all agree on that.

Good points toddy,carry on.

Yeah, he's currently hitting the net regularly for Hull isn't he!

52 minutes ago, Anon said:

"fact is Russell and co didn't get us promoted so it obviously wasn't that successful was it ????"

Don't pretend like your criticism was restricted to Russell. You chose to base your argument around writing off players contributions because they didn't lead to promotion.

I'll reply to whatever posts I like. If it causes you such consternation, don't post on a public forum.

I don't pretend anything wind ya neck in silly boy I'll post what i like on a public forum as well mr self righteous , my criticism was not based on promotion...read what i've written previously but beleive it or not some people including myself do see promotion as success but my comments are not saying promotion is success and not getting promoted is not success as you incorrectly assume .... I am  not as you put it a whingeing fan who shouldnt bother...pathetic ... just pathetic .... and you chose to comment on something that had no relevance as my point was Russell ...because he's hardly a yardstick to gauge success by...if so we are really going to struggle....get on with your homework mate theres a good boy 

1 hour ago, Anon said:

and it doesn't cause consternation you're just talking crap saying i shouldn't be a fan so i'll respond....i bet your just an armchair fan anyway....

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I also want to congratulate the Derby fans at the game on their ability to boil the piss of Man Utd fans of the world over with their rendition of Lampard's at the wheel. It truly has made my morning looking at their replies on Twitter! 

The guys that made up the words had better watch out given Utd's attack on the Panini Cheapskates (see BBC news)

Thought our performance last night was an improvement on recent games, dispite the loss.Bradley Johnson's passing absolutely abysmal, Wilson mainly ineffective ,but thought Cole played well and unlucky not to have stopped the goal on the line. Disappointing result be lucky to scrape the  playoffs but hopefully Fl gets the opportunity to improve the squad to compete next season.

Been at a conference in London today. Last keynote speaker for a q and a was Ken Clarke.

somebody only asked him whether in view of last nights result O’Neill was going to get promotion with forest..........

just when I thought I’d simmered down at the sight of the phantom of the opera toe poking a goal following Jayden Bogles up and under.......?

Just listened to Lampards post match interview. Was very disappointed with the way he basically said that we lost the game in the first minute.  If I had paid to go and watch that I wouldn't be wanting to hear that. Effectively every time we fall behind in a game we should just pack it in there.

On 24/02/2019 at 00:08, WystonRam said:

Our last away game is Swansea?

Yes you are right, but initially it was Bristol City, until our cup run and Swansea also still being in the cup. I wonder if we are still in with a chance of a top 6 finish, that after the Swansea game the Bristol match will be possibly be winner takes the last play off spot.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:56, HantsRam said:

Been at a conference in London today. Last keynote speaker for a q and a was Ken Clarke.

somebody only asked him whether in view of last nights result O’Neill was going to get promotion with forest..........

just when I thought I’d simmered down at the sight of the phantom of the opera toe poking a goal following Jayden Bogles up and under.......?

Don't worry Ken thinks were a much bigger club anyway according to his autobiography .-"All of my school friends supported the much bigger  Derby County football club ..."

On 26/02/2019 at 21:37, Inglorius said:

Just listened to Lampards post match interview. Was very disappointed with the way he basically said that we lost the game in the first minute.  If I had paid to go and watch that I wouldn't be wanting to hear that. Effectively every time we fall behind in a game we should just pack it in there.

We’ve won the most games from being behind in the league this season, maybe second behind Norwich 

Archived