O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I work in an office in Nottingham City centre, this morning has been about as fun as gouging my own eyes out. My desk has been decorated with a Forest shirt, I haven’t lived it down all morning 

nice one sons, crying 

I wouldn't call it decorated. I'd call it vandalized, or violated. 

Whilst I back Lampard is anyone else worried that his permenent  signings are showing to be hit and miss .. at best ?

takes time and all that and one summer window is nothing when ur re shaping a playing philosophy (I don’t count January as it’s reported by most to be famously bad to deal in) but I’m genuinely unsure how I feel about the players he’s brought in.

From what Iv seen so is Lampard with many spending periods out of the side, squad 

flojo, waghorn, Evans, Malone ... 

theres about 10m quids worth of transfer fees there, for me we need to be getting a lot lot lot more out of that sort of outlay 

Well, it's brought a brief moment of joy to the drab drudgery of their lives, the asda bin pickings will taste sweeter, the black mould on their walls will seem to have a spot of garibaldi and (in fourteen years or so) they'll tell their grandchildren that they once won the European Cup back to back four generations ago and beat Derby in 2019.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

What we actually lack are better quality players on the pitch - we no longer have a centre forward like Chris Martin playing and scoring 20 goals a season we no longer have will Hughes controlling the football and moving forward with it or a Hendrick with powerful running or a Russell running at full backs and getting to the bye line and cutting the ball back and scoring 8 goals a season  and not to mention an inability to not stop crosses from the flanks all season ( Forsyth aside and Cole looks an improvement)

Johnny Russell 2 goals and 4 goals in last 2 seasons = 6 goals in 2 seasons!! get over it these players are no longer at the club!!

37 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I work in an office in Nottingham City centre, this morning has been about as fun as gouging my own eyes out. My desk has been decorated with a Forest shirt, I haven’t lived it down all morning 

nice one sons, crying 

I work in the deepest darkest depths of Nottingham too 

just tell them to mind the gap lol

or remind them that since they last beat us in 2015 it’s taken 5 managers and 58 signings to get to this point again

well done 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Agree completely. On current form he doesn’t deserve to be in the team. However, I don’t think we have much of a choice as Liverpool put a clause in all of their outgoing loan players that if they don’t play(if they aren’t injured), that club will be fined. Bristol City got fined heavily last season for not playing ryan Kent as much.

Well that’s just madness on our part 

how’s that going to sit in the dressing room

this lad has to play even though he’s playing like utter tripe because his club say so 

wow, madness 

Gutted I failed the forum as thread starter on this one. Haven't even read my thread - way too busy at the moment.

But just looking at the last handful of pages I'm surprised to see Harry Wilson is apparently this game's villain. Maybe I've misread it? I just felt he was offered no protection (like all our players) and it's tough when you're kicked all game and you're booked and you know the opposition is never going to be. Waghorn and Johnson had slightly worse pass completion.

As ever we had our penchant for going backwards. As an example in the second half Wilson won a freekick level with their box on the wing. What a great position to whip a ball into the box. Instead we took it quickly and two seconds later were back in our own half passing the ball sideways. It is just nonsensical.

We're not creating enough chances and that's because we don't move the ball quickly enough, don't have enough movement/zip in our game and don't have sufficient urgency/drive to get forward.

Had it been a few minutes into the game I think Kelle would have come for the ball after Bogle's poor header. But in the first minute I can understand not.  Keogh was MotM by a mile. Though Bennett did really well when he came on but it summed the game up that he was taken out on the edge of their area and they were given the freekick.

I thought we were the better team, but were roughed up. I think we'll be a huge amount better when Mason Mount is back. Pinning my hopes on the lad.

We're competing for the playoffs. And I still expect us to get over the line and then anything is possible. Keep the faith! ???

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Johnny Russell 2 goals and 4 goals in last 2 seasons = 6 goals in 2 seasons!! get over it these players are no longer at the club!!

And? Nowhere in his post does he suggest that we should still be playing these specific players. What's wrong with using examples of players who performed well previously for us to highlight the areas in which we're lacking?

3 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Well where do we go from here? 4 games on the spin in which we have created nothing going forward and haven't tested the opposition keeper at all. What do they practice in training? 3-5-2 which didn't work, to pass and move which doesn't happen or to pass through the lines and create chances which defiantly doesn't happen! Frank and the players talk the talk but obviously cant walk the walk. The only thing saving this season was a purple patch in October, were now in February and are on a steady decline into shambles which is all too familiar. As for the game last night, Boring. It was a non event apart from us conceding a sloppy poor goal in the first 2 mins thanks to some terrible play from Bogle and poor judgement from Roos. I get Bogle is young but if that ball isn't going out of your box then head it wide or behind, you see Sunday League defenders deal with that ball properly. 4-3-3 hasn't got us promoted and has always seen this dull football played because teams know how we play, 4-3-3 isn't the be all and end all. I try to remain positive but im coming round to the fact that last night was our biggest game of the season, we wont make play offs and will slowly fall away. Im going Villa on Saturday and it cant come quick enough so i can get this result out of the system. Do i think were going to get anything at Villa, No. We could do but i dont see enough in Frank currently to suggest he has the attributes to help these players turn this slump around. If Bristol win tonight then lets just go all out attack on Saturday, stop the tippy tappy side to side stuff and be forward thinking and quick. Mel and Frank need a sit down soon to discuss funds etc. another season in the championship, losing players on frees and not being able to sign any will be bad for the club and could see a nervy season played out. Need Frank to start proving his worth and changing patterns of play and how the players are being allowed to play, another manager playing Premiership football in the championship, it doesn't work!

I agree but what many people seem to be forgetting is that it was the first of many needless free kicks given away by Huddlestone that got us to this stage in the first place 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

What we actually lack are better quality players on the pitch - we no longer have a centre forward like Chris Martin playing and scoring 20 goals a season we no longer have will Hughes controlling the football and moving forward with it or a Hendrick with powerful running or a Russell running at full backs and getting to the bye line and cutting the ball back and scoring 8 goals a season  and not to mention an inability to not stop crosses from the flanks all season ( Forsyth aside and Cole looks an improvement)

We never had Martin hitting 20 goals  for seasons when he was here.

Enough said about Russell.......

Where is that time machine??

The current team is not as good as some think they are. We need to lose 80% of the squad and replace with better players.

2 minutes ago, Davide said:

Anyone else miss Chris Martin?

Yes, said in another thread but look at Murphy last night for them, having a striker who can hold up the ball and bring other attacking players are vital with creating chances and keeping the ball in the opposition half. For how we want to play I think that’s important too and Martin has the ability to do that with intelligence.

BUT even I have to concede that Martin may not be the player we once had and think the more problem areas are now based in midfield...especially in Huddlestone/the defensive midfield role

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

BUT even I have to concede that Martin may not be the player we once had and think the more problem areas are now based in midfield...especially in Huddlestone/the defensive midfield role

Of course he is - if he's now fit - his game relies on his footballing ability and footballing intelligence, that hasn't changed. He's not played, or been fit to play, in a settled side for a manager who chose him since Fulham.

But the midfield is indeed a particularly worrying area for us atm.

29 minutes ago, toddy said:

We never had Martin hitting 20 goals  for seasons when he was here.

Enough said about Russell.......

Where is that time machine??

The current team is not as good as some think they are. We need to lose 80% of the squad and replace with better players.

Yeah,it was just the 18 in the league plus 2 in the cup that year...

Bloody useless,we certainly don't want that sort of goal scoring record in a 4-3-3 side,it's just not on.

Or that bloody Russell running up and the down the wings scoring goals from lay offs from that loser Martin.

I much prefer what we have had over the past few seasons and im sure we can all agree on that.

Good points toddy,carry on.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

And? Nowhere in his post does he suggest that we should still be playing these specific players. What's wrong with using examples of players who performed well previously for us to highlight the areas in which we're lacking?

And ??....why keep banging on about the past ? your view on whos performed well is just that ,...your view...fact is Russell and co didn't get us promoted so it obviously wasn't that successful was it ????....them players aren't here anymore so get over it,can't keep looking back and comparing or how far do you go back???? Mcfarland, Todd ? 

Archived