Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

5 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Just dont get it back in October it was us that were doing all the pressing in our opponents half and we were creating chances from it,tonight Millwall showed us how to do it really well.

Tonight really bad

Marriott Not Fit

Wilson Totally gone off the ball,been as bad as the results suggests

Bryson WHY given we just signed King

Should of stuck with Waghorn down the centre with Flo Jo on the right,easy to say after the game admitted but this is becoming the worse set of performances we have had dare i say since Pearsons days

Its coz of the poo around him he misses mount to control the games with

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I'm interested to know why, what reason other than 'stop sacking managers'?

The fact he's new, he's finding his feet. He took this job on as a long-term project (I hope) and not a quick fix, why should it be different the other way around. Every coach should get a couple of seasons to build their team, Frank's had a helping hand modelling this one but it needs more work. 

The most frustrating thing is there's no improvement to anything. I'm not expecting him to be Pep all of a sudden but just show a couple of things to be optimistic about. Team selections are all over the shop, as are tactics. Mark Edworthy mentioned tonight how it will be a big learning curve for Frank... will it?! What did he learn from the exact same performances at Bolton, Rotherham and the away match at Millwall?  We've gone further backwards since those games. 

Why do we start games so slowly? It gives even crap teams a chance to settle into the game. Get at them from the 1st minute get the crowd involved. I'd love to defend against a team going side to side for the 1st half hour.

Do you think forest will pass side to side for the 1st half hour on Monday? 

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I can’t get my head around why we set up to try and play such plain passing football against 19th in the league who were clearly going to park the bus. So boring and tedious 

Earlier in the season we would have pressed them from the off and found Marriott at the earliest opportunity. That was Clementesq

That's a gripe I have as well mate.Didn't take a rocket scientist to know how Millwall was going to approach the game.

Also just looked like we had no clue how to break them down or even cared if we did,lack of energy and enthusiasm just bad all around.

On 17/02/2019 at 21:37, KCG said:

I think it would help if people just passed the ball, rather than waited for the perfect pass opportunity. Against Southampton we started very similarly to the Brighton game, but somebody had a rush of blood to the head and passed the ball to Waghorn, who was tightly marked, but he immediately passed, and we created a goal scoring opportunity.

It's about pass and move. Man City and Barcelona aren't concerned if a player is marked; they use them to bounce passes around quickly to create space. 

My comment earlier in the topic, brought to my attention by someone giving it a like this evening.

We are far too slow and I would go as far to say complacent. There is no sense of urgency, and we are still waiting for the perfect pass.

The managers we have had over the years seem to be lost in the old "be patient" mindset. Football has moved on; to break teams down now you have to press as a team, and pass and move quickly.

It gets boring having to say the same thing time and again.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Quite happy with that team AS LONG AS Wilson and Holmes are the other way around to the other day. Wilson is much better wide, Holmes is much better centrally. Simple as, particularly without mount we need some strength there which Wilson and Bryson have the square root of duck all of. Please frank let it be that way round, was painfully obvious from the Brighton game it shouldn’t be reversed.

Good to see hudds stays in and Cole comes in so maybe our left back might do some defending for once instead of playing as a false 10. Good to see Marriott back for some fire power too, tho I sometimes still wonder whether maybe we’re better with waghorn up top.

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe one day we’ll actually get it right. Not like our previous incumbents have gone on to anything to suggest we were wrong not to give them time. Managers don’t get time unless they show something to justify it, and frank isn’t at the moment. Seen far more poo performances than we have good ones. There’s been a lot worse than tonight, but we still lack any sort of creativity and fluidity despite the stage of the season.

Aint going out with my banners protesting yet but I’m rapidly losing faith in frank. Don’t get the formation change tonight, personnel were the problem, not the system.

You was happy with the personnel before kick-off? 

Team v Forest

Carson

Bogle         Keogh            Tomori         Malone

King      Huddlestone       Evans

Mount          Wilson

Marriott     

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

You was happy with the personnel before kick-off? 

Exactly. Personnel were the problem before, hence why I was happy with the team put out. Didn’t expect it to be a 442. As I said it was the personnel that needed fixing, not the system itself 

Team would have worked better in a 433 imho. Don’t get changing formations to suit matches. Tactics maybe, formations no, not unless you’re up against city or someone of that ilk.

1 minute ago, AmericanRam said:

That's a gripe I have as well mate.Didn't take a rocket scientist to know how Millwall was going to approach the game.

Also just looked like we had no clue how to break them down or even cared if we did,lack of energy and enthusiasm just bad all around.

Our defenders just had a little game of keep ball and then counted on Huddlestone to find the wide men. It was like we had no ideas from minute one

12 minutes ago, HertsRam said:

Starting to look to summer already, we could be in trouble at forest on Monday, abject tonight. It’s a shame we haven’t got a World Cup to get us through this close season ?

We got the cricket World Cup, fear not 

7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Lamps will hopefully get a couple of seasons to sort it out but i'm desperate for something positive to cling onto. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm interested to know why, what reason other than 'stop sacking managers'?

Are you honestly advocating the sacking of another manager (yes...stop sacking managers is pretty important), when the team still sit within a shout of Playoffs with 14 games left? 

This isn't just directed at you RoyMac5...but any who are even thinking about a new Manager...what do you want here? Do you really sit and think a new manager is just going to come in and say...OH, that's what needs changing; and all of a sudden - promoted! ?? 

It's going to take a good 3-4 years with the same Manager slogging through hold-over players, new signings, tactical changes, Big wins, crushing losses, and most of all our support. 

YES- Lampard deserves to have more time. Silly argument- really. 6 Managers in the last 3.5 years. Let's stabilize that area for a couple years, then see what happens. COYR

Amazing how slow we are. Players don’t run on to the ball, everything is behind everyone. Everyone takes two touches to control the ball or play two or three passes where one would do. Playing from a standing start is no good when a team is sat back like that, there has to be more off the ball movement and breaking of the lines.

Just now, Hanny said:

It's going to take a good 3-4 years with the same Manager slogging through hold-over players, new signings, tactical changes, Big wins, crushing losses, and most of all our support.

WHY is it? Clough Jr had longer than that, other managers have less than that and do better...

11 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Bogle 5 yet cole a 4? Really holmes a 2 ???think you need to rewatch this game or are you a millwall fan 

Thanks for cheering me up you achually made me laugh

Bogle got forward better than Cole who was at fault for the goal . Holmes yes 2 was wrong , should've been 1. Pathetic delivery when quality was needed. 

Ok then lets hear your expert views.....

Archived