Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very strange.

on the back of poor peformance in the cup when holmes, bryson, huddz, and wilson all underperformed, we go with the same players again in a formation which encourages the negative sideways and backwards stuff, and means the wide players have no support. Nothing in midfield. Waghorn looking a bit poo. Roos drops his first clanger.

Ashley Cole was our only decent player.

11 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Just got home from the most disappointing game in many a year. I just hope Frank and any other fukwit who wants to see Bryson in a Derby shirt should feel embarrassed. The shocking thing is he was probably no worse than 5 others. Rookie manager yes, but 40 games into the season and the same mistakes and the same inability to solve the problems he his causing are making me very worried about our season 

Why single bryson out? He was far from our worst player today. 

Well got up late from my night shift never made the beer festival due Derby gridlock due to coach fire on A52, went to the pridepark beer tent with the new heaters that was bloody freezing poor young girl serving me my real ale was so cold her hands they were shaking. Said before the game it's time to attack, rather lose that way than tip tap football and losing, unfortunately got the latter.  Oh well my last bottle of bottle of Piraat Belgium beer should cheer me up. 

2 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Agree with you both. 

I didn’t expect playoffs this year so I would usually be quite positive but I’m struggling to see what we are trying to do under Frank. Whether we want to admit it or not, most of our better players aren’t even ours. Big rebuild on the cards again but unless this season goes really awry, I’d be happy if Frank gets another summer to make clearer the plan. Swapping manager every year hasn’t worked.

That was shambolic but are some fans really suggesting Frank should go? ?

18 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I waded into RamsTV also. I should have gone to the pub instead and watched the bar girl press the red button about 72 times and tell me it's not working, a bit like our football and latest sponsorship!

I think a high percentage of those who went to the game tonight might have found it more enjoyable to go to your pub tonight watching the bar girl pressing her red button 72 times.  

5 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

...but I’m struggling to see what we are trying to do under Frank. Whether we want to admit it or not, most of our better players aren’t even ours...

But whose choice was that? A gamble maybe, but then it needs to work out. 

No excuses that was poor tonight, from everyone, Millwall, got there tactics spot on, take your time on all set plays, get under Derbys skin, get under the fans skin, and in the end 2 shots on goal all game, 1 from us 1 from there, it was awful tonight, and the atmosphere was as poor as I can remembered for a long time, but let's all move on, as we have a massive game on Monday and we MUST ALL, be ready, as with 14 games left, all is not lost, if we beat the red dogs then we can all bounce again together. Once a Ram always a Ram, come rain or shine.

Well that was so disappointing.

Millwall did excatly what they were going to do, easiest 3 points they will get away this season. 

Slow and we just did the same things over and over again, little 5 yard passes going nowhere, we didn’t try anything different all game! 

A few really bad performance over the last few weeks, not looking forward to Monday! 

Roos 5 should probably save it

Cole 6 some smart touches 

Tomori 6 MOTM 

Keogh 6 

Bogle 5 

Huddlestone 4 couldn’t pass at all

Bryson 6 ratted all game 

Wilson 5 

Holmes 5

Martiott 4 no one seemed to want to give him the ball but when he did get it his first touch was mostly woeful 

Waghorn 5 offered little 

if given Nugent some stick but he should of been brought on 25 minutes earlier 

I actually think that we were robbed. Referee ruined it, we had a couple of shots that were going in until the ball deflected off our player. Also had two good penalty shouts. 

They were terrible and scored from their only attempt. 

I’m confident that we’ll batter Forest on Monday. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know what you were saying - I asked how can you say Roos can't be dropped for Carson when Carson isn't fit?! 

? Because Carson isn’t fit!!

read it back to yourself 

it wasn’t my post asking for players to be dropped. I simply replied to one that did, Roos being one I contested. 

Are you a troll or just a .........?

Even the most eternal optimist can’t say anything positive about that performance. Definitely the worst of the season, but to put it in perspective it’s been a while since we’ve been that bad at home.

Seems to be a lack of confidence through the young players right now. Bogle Holmes Wilson all struggled. Maybe it’s frank playing a new system that has contributed? Marriott not fit, Huddlestone didn’t have his passing a game today. Can’t understand those blaming Bryson he was one of the better players, along with Waghorn and the best player was undoubtedly the 38 year left back who’s retiring in the summer!!

I didn’t think we would make playoffs at the start of the season. Hopes have been raised with some of our performances but playing like tonight and Ipswich, we have no chance and I think we will be disappointed. Frustrating as the potential is there, we’ve seen it but not consistently, but that’s what you get with young players and a rookie manager! 

Success this season is competing while bringing the age of the squad down while trying to move out the old expensive deadwood who no one wants. It was always going to be a transition season. I think Lampard is doing a thoroughly decent job considering it’s his first season in management. With time he will do even better as he can bring more of his players into the club. 

Anyone who thinks top 6 was a certainty this season has unrealistic expectations unfortunately. If we’d have done no business in the summer and stuck with last years squad we would’ve been well in the bottom half.

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

? Because Carson isn’t fit!!

read it back to yourself 

it wasn’t my post asking for players to be dropped. I simply replied to one that did, Roos being one I contested. 

Are you a troll or just a .........?

Yes I got what you said. Now get what I said. Or are you just a troll?

Hi.  Bristol City fan, not here to gloat, just interested in the comments after the match (just watched).  Your forum sounds like ours from last season when we plummeted from over-achieving 2nd place at Xmas to 11th by the season end.

We blew up last season having played an energetic, high pressing game...running out of steam in January.  Our players were knackered, nobody showed any edge.  We raised a few performances against the better sides, but Millwall, Preston etc, I.e. those teams who bully you, we couldn’t find a way past, losing several of them.  We conceded goals late in games, whereas earlier last season it was us getting late winners or draws.

You obviously have some good players, but like us last season you didn’t look like you had someone in the middle of the park to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Leeds have played high press under Bielsa all season, and I wonder if they’ll fade a bit too.

10 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

No excuses that was poor tonight, from everyone, Millwall, got there tactics spot on, take your time on all set plays, get under Derbys skin, get under the fans skin, and in the end 2 shots on goal all game, 1 from us 1 from there, it was awful tonight, and the atmosphere was as poor as I can remembered for a long time, but let's all move on, as we have a massive game on Monday and we MUST ALL, be ready, as with 14 games left, all is not lost, if we beat the red dogs then we can all bounce again together. Once a Ram always a Ram, come rain or shine.

But it always seems to be raining! When will it shine again?

Archived