Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

Wednesday 20th February 2019

7:45pm KO

The underworld returns to start the match thread. Shall there be stallions heads tormenting the roar of the Lions.... how many will come from south of the river?

Will Frank get the team how he wants it. Will Marriott hit the back of the net?

An opportunity awaits. 

Kind Regards

The Mafioso

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I endorse this match thread starter and hope Legitimate Businessman Bob continues until the end of the season.

Can offer more protection to the back four for a price.....

I don’t think Cole is fit enough for more than 45 mins which is a great pity. Johnson needed in midfield to compete against a tough team. Don’t think Marriott is fit enough to start yet either so Waghorn up top with Wilson and Lawrence or Zoon wide. Would love to see 2 up top as long as 1 isn’t Nugent but Frank doesn’t seem to want to alter his system. They will have 2 banks of 4 so it’s a game for one of the wide men to step up and create something or in reality, rely on a long range effort from Wilson. A must win game and must play well game ahead of Forest 

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The underworld returns to start the match thread. Shall there be stallions heads tormenting the roar of the Lions.... how many will come from south of the river?

An opportunity awaits. 

Kind Regards

The Mafioso

About time you took responsibility of the match threads.

If we play our cards right this is a winnable game, I would take a gamble on Mount if back in training, we’ve missed him recently.

I bet Nugent doesn't start this one which will please a few.

Huddlestone probably will, has the ability to punt one into the path of Marriott out of nowhere. 

Need a 90 minute performance, one of integrity, give us something to shout about. 

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Roos 

Bogle Tomori Keogh Cole

Hudds 

King Wilson 

Waghorn Marriott Josefzoon/Holmes 

The problem I have with that line up is Cole and Marriotts ability to play 90 mins. Leaves us very little leeway for subs if we get a couple of knocks to others. On the flip side that team could get the game won early and then take off the strugglers as necessary 

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

The problem I have with that line up is Cole and Marriotts ability to play 90 mins. Leaves us very little leeway for subs if we get a couple of knocks to others. On the flip side that team could get the game won early and then take off the strugglers as necessary 

That’s true! We needed an extra striker in January 

Frank said Marriott and Cole just lack match fitness well 45 minutes today will go along way towards that...and you need to play too get it so

Roos

Bogle.   Keogh.     Tomori.  Cole

Huddlestone

King.                     Wilson

Waghorn.       Marriott.         Lawrence

Let's hope we can get our best 11 on the pitch from the off against Millwall and they can get a long run of games together. No more rotating just for the sake of it ... we need to get a run of wins put together and constantly chopping and changing isn't going to help that. The odd few players here and there might not be fully match fit, but we just can't keep up with this constant rotation, it's costing us points. For the likes of Mount and Marriott, start them and sub them off after 60-70 minutes or however long they can manage

I'd go with:

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - Tomori - Cole

Mount - Huddlestone - King

Waghorn - Marriott - Wilson

22 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Frank said Marriott and Cole just lack match fitness well 45 minutes today will go along way towards that...and you need to play too get it so

Roos

Bogle.   Keogh.     Tomori.  Cole

Huddlestone

King.                     Wilson

Waghorn.       Marriott.         Lawrence

That team looks good to me, we will win 3-0, get the 3 points, then the excitement can build before the red dogs match. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Roos 

Bogle Tomori Keogh Cole

Hudds 

King Wilson 

Waghorn Marriott Josefzoon/Holmes 

I’d go with that 

the only thing I’d be considering is that I genuinely prefer waghorn through the middle and imo he gets hold of it better than Marriott when they have a big centre back up their arses to the overall benefit of the team.

love Marriott but sometimes he doesn’t get hold of the ball as well as he might and that in turn does invite pressure on us at times  

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

An opportunity awaits. 

Kind Regards

The Mafioso

You’ve taken responsibility for the season here mate...very brave!

I don’t think you’ll let us down.

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

You’ve taken responsibility for the season here mate...very brave!

I don’t think you’ll let us down.

About time I took on the mantle..... no pressure on the next one after Millwall. Last time I led the forest match thread we won the game by a certain big score line.....

I predict lots of attempted Hollywood passes, lots of failed attempts at intercepting the ball, a bunch of greedy runs with the ball, a feature length film of selfish runs without the ball, 5-10 open invitations to cross the ball in our box and a midfielder or two hiding behind a pass percentage and wanting Keogh to do their job. 

It's a football team with less emphasis on team. 

Probably be a draw. Possibly a win by 1 goal. 

Yeah, I'm miserable. That's thanks to watching the same errors over and over with next to no signs of development. Getting a touch bored. 

Millwall to sing a mean chant so nobody forgets they're less significant than Wigan and Reading.

Archived