Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RebelScum said:

And it will all start again!

It seems that managers are always publicly promised time and sacked 10 months later.

We finished lower in the league in Mr Clough's first season.

Keep the faith.

Maybe one day we’ll actually get it right. Not like our previous incumbents have gone on to anything to suggest we were wrong not to give them time. Managers don’t get time unless they show something to justify it, and frank isn’t at the moment. Seen far more poo performances than we have good ones. There’s been a lot worse than tonight, but we still lack any sort of creativity and fluidity despite the stage of the season.

Aint going out with my banners protesting yet but I’m rapidly losing faith in frank. Don’t get the formation change tonight, personnel were the problem, not the system.

One of the poorest games I’ve ever watched. Genuinely. Two awful sides with us the slightly more awful. 

Where is the pace and energy?

I’m not one for boos, never have and never will but after that, I kind of get it. 

I thought Holmes was the best of a bad bunch despite his inability to take set plays.

Awful how bryson, nugent and bogle are anywhere near our first team amazes me awful! Cant wait for this season to be over to get rid of all this dead wood! How anybody thinks bogle is good amazes me hes got no first touch and when he gets the ball all he does is stand and pass it sideways! Where's the bogle from the start of the season where he runs with the ball? 

That was disappointing.

Just not very good.

A team performance of about 4 all round. If they'd even lifted it to a 6 ish performance we could've won, Millwall offered very little but we kept playing into their hands, playing balls with precision to their defenders.

Needs to be just better all round.

Irritated that the goal came from us screwing up wit everyone up the pitch.

To be fair, that's near enough the exact side I'd pick with Mount unavailable, although I'd have Holmes in the middle and Wilson out wide, so I can't criticise Frank for the team selection. What I will criticise though is his apparent inability to motivate them of late. Minus Keogh and Tomori, every single player has competition for their place and yet it's only the 2 centre backs who appear to be playing as if they have something to prove. We keep hearing in interviews from both players and staff that we need a reaction and yet the current game just picks up where the last 1 left off every single time

Same old same old, I live outside of Derby, astonishing how far our reputation goes so far as being the league's most consistent bottlers. The commentators laud the attacking prowess of "Frank Lampard's Derby County" but apart from 3-4 games in the real world we're actually pining for the attacking genious of Rowett ball given the figures that actually matter...goals scored. Dire stuff.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

How can you be inspired by a manager with his hands in his pockets and an assistant who never gets off his seat?

No responsibility taken by players, no energy, no thought.

Really poor as it has been for two months.

This bothered me. Earlier in the season there was much more animation and energy from the bench, now it looks like they’ve lost interest.

Just for a laugh:

Roos - 4. Got to stop that shot with your feet.

Bogle - 4. Lost in this position.

Keogh - 6

Tomori - 6

Cole - 5

Hudds - 3. Passing awful and therefore offers nothing.

Bryson - 3. Five fouls, backwards passing. Couple of offensive runs in second half coming to noting.

Wilson - 4

Holmes - 5. Some nice touches but his set pieces and crossing, holy poo

Wahhorn - 4

Marriott - 3. Only did one thing and mishit the shot. Not a foul and had he gone down, it'll be a choice to and therefore a dive.

Lampard - 2. Formation wrong, subs awful, willingness to change the approach awful and too too late.

Who's actually surprised? 

Played well twice in the past 4 months in the league, call our run in as easy as you want but if our team isn't performing what good is it?! The most disappointing thing is we're getting worse. There is zero learning/improvement happening. 

Lamps will hopefully get a couple of seasons to sort it out but i'm desperate for something positive to cling onto. 

Archived