Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

21 minutes ago, KCG said:

My comment earlier in the topic, brought to my attention by someone giving it a like this evening.

We are far too slow and I would go as far to say complacent. There is no sense of urgency, and we are still waiting for the perfect pass.

The managers we have had over the years seem to be lost in the old "be patient" mindset. Football has moved on; to break teams down now you have to press as a team, and pass and move quickly.

It gets boring having to say the same thing time and again.

Ooh look I can do it too ! Zzzzzz

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Poor

We don't create enough - Only 4 teams have conceded fewer goals than us but 10 have scored more - We've been saved this season so many times by brilliant solo work from individual talent

We're just not a team yet - Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Bristol City - All play well as a unit - We don't

Give it time guys - The management team are still feeling their way into creating a team they just need time

I really like the sentiment and really want to get behind what you are saying but I don't really see what we are creating.

There's no consistency in playing style, formation or personnel.

We are in February and nobody can say what our best 11 and formation is. I genuinely can't tell you how we are trying to play.

I don't see much progress and see us back at square one if Tomori, Mount and Wilson go back at the end of the season.

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

Fair enough, Bogle needs support at his age tho . And yes Holmes did try but those dead balls killed us . Dont see how its so hard to deliver a set piece . Cheers ??

Bogle does need support and i think thats why he was so good in early season coz he had bennett in front who works back well and obviously has a good partnership with bogle. I know it isnt hard but its obvious lampard put him on them! You dont decide your taking the next corner! And on his first bad 1 i think a few was suppose to be for a near post cross but its not worked like on the training ground for example the 1 the keogh got on the end off but couldnt get on target! 

That was as bad as anything I saw under the snake, on a par with the 1-4 Sunderland debacle. Can someone please tell me what the plan is? I just don't get what we are trying to do. What are we trying to achieve with the tappy tappy passing that gets us nowhere? The players look like they have never met each other. Just glad we are just about safe. I really am dreading Monday. That really was shocking. Then we haven't really performed since December in my view. Look tired, leggy and with no energy. At least England are winning the cricket....

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I really like the sentiment and really want to get behind what you are saying but I don't really see what we are creating.

We are in February and nobody can say what our best 11 and formation is. I genuinely can't tell you how we are trying to play.

I don't see much progress and see us back at square one if Tomori, Mount and Wilson go back at the end of the season.

This.

I think FL is expecting too much from Championship players.

Absolutely shocking. First time you've got to question Lampard and his staff. Don't get the formation change at all. I was quite excited by the team when it came in, but did not expect them to set up like that. I'll be very surprised if we see that formation / set up again. 

By far the worst game I think I've ever seen Bryson have, and he's had some bad ones recently. I love him, but he's finished.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

My post was disagreeing with a line up That included Malone, Carson and King

read a post before you criticise, stops you looking foolish 

I know what you were saying - I asked how can you say Roos can't be dropped for Carson when Carson isn't fit?! 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is it every 6 months or just when the point of no return is reached? The past few games have looked confusing to say the least. What is FL trying to do now, but why doesn't he do what he was doing before?

I understand the point of no return aspect (Managing is pretty cut-throat business at this level). I guess it's a me-problem. Because I can't wrap my head around someone deciding any Manager has hit a point of no return within a couple of seasons. 

For me, that is just too small a sample size. Maybe that's why I'm not a Manager in the League ? 

It’s sad to think that only 3-4 years ago, we had the best midfield in the division. And now I think we have one of the worst in terms of creating chances for our striker(s). I can’t criticise the defence because since the turn of the year apart from Leeds, they’ve been solid. Not the forwards either because they’re not being given the service.

Bryson was a passenger yet again tonight, offered zero input and it’s sad because he’s been one of my favourite players. He’s not contributing anything minus the half marathon runs. Tonight was perfect for him to advance forward and feed off the forwards battles. And what did he do? Sat back and made no runs into the box when the space was there. Crap.

And I think Frank needs to stick to a system. Say what you want about McClaren, at least he had a plan and stuck to his principles and most of the time it worked well. I think there’s a lot of potential with having Marriott and Waghorn as a duo up front. I think they’ll work wonders given the chance. But not with this current uninspiring midfield who are stuck in 1st gear through the entire 90 minutes. No speed, no change of pace, nothing. Might as well had the centre halves play long balls all night.

Just got home from the most disappointing game in many a year. I just hope Frank and any other fukwit who wants to see Bryson in a Derby shirt should feel embarrassed. The shocking thing is he was probably no worse than 5 others. Rookie manager yes, but 40 games into the season and the same mistakes and the same inability to solve the problems he his causing are making me very worried about our season 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes its very odd that most in and around the top six are putting results together and have a good game plan.We still do not know our best team, even when we are injury free changes are made,not got a clue why we changed the formation tonight out the blue even the players had no idea what they were doing

Worrying times ahead of the Forest game,lose that and this season will slowly come to a close 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It pains me to say it but I have to agree

Some ratings then: 

Roos: Had nothing to do all night really, until the shot went through him for the goal. 5

Bogle: Young and learning, there’s a player there but he’s out of form. 4

Keogh: Same old steady Keogh, probably one of our less poor players on the night. 6

Tomori: Got a lot of quality but gives me kittens too much for a defender. 5

Cole: Wasn’t good or bad, just average. Struggled as the game wore on and involved in the goal. 5

Holmes: I don’t rate the kid, he’s all fluff and no substance in general but tonight he at least looked lively and played with verve. Unlike the rest. Horrific set plays. 6

Huddlestone: I have never rated him and never will. Walking football and occasional diags (all astray tonight). 3

Bryson: I get told off when I criticise him. 2

Wilson: Barely involved, as we could only pass square or back between defenders. 4

Waghorn: Struggled to work out whether to come deep or drop wide. He failed at both, should have played off the shoulders. 3

Marriott: Not fit. But still looked lively once or twice. I like him. 5

Subs not worth mentioning.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

It’s sad to think that only 3-4 years ago, we had the best midfield in the division. And now I think we have one of the worst in terms of creating chances for our striker(s). I can’t criticise the defence because since the turn of the year apart from Leeds, they’ve been solid. Not the forwards either because they’re not being given the service.

Bryson was a passenger yet again tonight, offered zero input and it’s sad because he’s been one of my favourite players. He’s not contributing anything minus the half marathon runs. Tonight was perfect for him to advance forward and feed off the forwards battles. And what did he do? Sat back and made no runs into the box when the space was there. Crap.

And I think Frank needs to stick to a system. Say what you want about McClaren, at least he had a plan and stuck to his principles and most of the time it worked well. I think there’s a lot of potential with having Marriott and Waghorn as a duo up front. I think they’ll work wonders given the chance. But not with this current uninspiring midfield who are stuck in 1st gear through the entire 90 minutes. No speed, no change of pace, nothing. Might as well had the centre halves play long balls all night.

What is the system? What is the plan? I am confused ?

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Poor

We don't create enough - Only 4 teams have conceded fewer goals than us but 10 have scored more - We've been saved this season so many times by brilliant solo work from individual talent

We're just not a team yet - Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Bristol City - All play well as a unit - We don't

Give it time guys - The management team are still feeling their way into creating a team they just need time

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree with you both. 

I didn’t expect playoffs this year so I would usually be quite positive but I’m struggling to see what we are trying to do under Frank. Whether we want to admit it or not, most of our better players aren’t even ours. Big rebuild on the cards again but unless this season goes really awry, I’d be happy if Frank gets another summer to make clearer the plan. Swapping manager every year hasn’t worked.

Archived