Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Very worrying, especially after the Preston performance.

Don’t understand changing our team after a brilliant performance against Hull, especially when we have an opportunity to make changes on Saturday in the cup. The only explaination is that Lampard thought they were a soft touch. Which they weren’t, as they dominated. 

If we only want to turn up away from home against Premier League clubs then we are in trouble. 

I genuinely think FL Is after the cup. Mad when we could've won this with a better line up and still had enough for the cup.

Could have seen that coming a mile off. Pathetic result, and pathetic performance compounded by the fact that we Clearly we’re capable of winning the game, we showed that in the last 10 minutes. Complacency simple as, and it started from the managers team selection. Same problems, not keeping hold of the ball (where’s Huddlestone!), not able to beat lower teams who simply have more desire than us (Rotherham, Bolton etc). Still not strung a run together. Pissed off at the team tonight, many players there don’t desrves the chance to play in the FA cup on Saturday imo. All after such a good game against hull on Saturday.

You don’t go getting promoted with the performances we’ve been showing in the main, simple as.

Disappointed. Lots of effort but just not good enough. It’s games like this that you need to win to offset losing twice to the dirties. 

No complaints. The lads worked but Ipswich refused to roll over. Bryson made a big difference, great off the line by Holmes.

sod it .. that’s me done til th3 weekend 

I'll say this. Regardless of who plays, cos we've played every duckin lineup away from home - we are PROPERLY cack away from home against physical teams. 

If we had to play a full season of games under that environment this side would get relegated. 

Fortunately, we don't. But when your technically gifted players like Wilson and Holmes literally pass the ball 10 yards to Ipswich players when trying to control the ball - you have to wonder why.

They weren't under pressure in such circumstance. The passes to them weren't heavy. They just didn't play their normal game.

Just using them as examples mind. They were no worse that others. Keogh had a good game. Bryson too when he came on.

Bogle, generally, had a good game - but I can't paint him with that brush as its his mistake that led to the goal. Although dozens of other people's could have.

A point away from home for the most part usually goes down as a good result.

However, just getting a point today is really frustrating and disappointing.We did not look at the races at all until the very last few minutes and that's just ridicoulous especially against someone struggling as bad as Ipswich is.

Getting to the crunch time of our season and our guys have got to bring their A game every single time from here on out simple as.

As always COYR, I'm just very disappointed with us today.

P.S. I'm sure Nugent's a nice fella and all but please don't play him again anytime soon?

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I really, really don’t want to criticise him, but how many points have we missed out on for lack of a better backup forward than Nuge?

Definitely.....but I do think it's mainly down to Nugent not having sufficient game time and losing his sharpness.

I obviously would have kept Chrissie over nuge this season but i understand Frank's thinking at the start of the season.

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

If Lampard can improve our away peformances and form next season- we will be a force

I wish I could share your positivity! I’m not really seeing a lot to be convinced at this moment, I fear it may be more of a case that more and more teams will find us out. We had a good game against Hull but our lack of consistency is becoming a real problem now

Archived