Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Terrible team selection and changes. showed no respect to Ipswich, having said that, the team he put out should be able to win that game. Lacklustre, lazy, complacent for the most part. We thought we could just turn up and they would just roll over. No team in this division is scared of Derby. If we want to win games we have to be at it for 90 mins, not just the last 10 or so. I don’t know who our best young striker is but they have to be on the bench until Marriott is back. Can’t let Nugent keep embarrassing himself week after week 

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

How did King do? Is he going to help our midfield not be overrun?

Our midfield basically didnt exist for about 70 minutes of that match. King hasnt played for a while though, so will need a few more games before we can jydge properly.

Sorry, but only one man responsible for that. For all his good work over most of the season, Frank Lampard’s decision to omit Huddlestone lost us that game. 

WHY  did he pick that team tonight ? 

And WHAT  does he see in Nugent and Bennett ? 

I disagree with the whole wrong team selection. That starting 11 on paper was good but just didnt work. Frank should have bought Huddlestone on at half time to try and get some control of the game. 

Not Franks fault though that the players lacked desire fo the most part amd their basic pass & control was poor. He and we all expected so much more from Lawrence, Holmes and Wilson

Nugent simply isnt good enough no more, still stand by my opinion that we should have kept Jerome over him.

Keep it quiet though, 6 unbeaten and in the dreaded Feb we are still unbeaten!

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Has anyone said

”poor performance, but we got a point, let’s move on” yet....? 

Absolutely awful...we should be hammering teams like that not hanging on for a point. 

I agree that that performance left much to be desired and I agree we should be doing far better against such teams - as we have said in every away game against similar teams. Everyone on the pitch was just worse than usual. Some more than others, but everyone was worse.

But we weren't hanging on. It was all Derby at the end and we'd have won if any one of the great chances we created hadn't fallen to Nugent, who's the most out of form player I think I've ever seen. When it's nigh impossible to miss, he falls onto the ball so he can't take the shot. 

I really find it hard to imagine him playing his way out of this form. It's gone on for a while now. Hopefully Marriott and Waghorn stay healthy for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Has anyone said

Absolutely awful...we should be hammering teams like that not hanging on for a point. 

Ipswich are a gazillian points away from survival, I didn’t realise how badly they’re doing. These poor performances and results against Ipswich, Rotherham Bolton, Millwall, Stoke and QPR are adding up.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I wish I could share your positivity! I’m not really seeing a lot to be convinced at this moment, I fear it may be more of a case that more and more teams will find us out. We had a good game against Hull but our lack of consistency is becoming a real problem now

Poor performance tonight, no excuses at all, but that's the championship for you, each week we get some very odd results, that's this league for you, get into the play offs, then for myself that's a great first season for Frank Lampard and co, but come on Mclovin, you are never positive, you love to point out our short falls, in fact have you got your coaching badges, because you seem to know more about the game, than any of our managers in the last 10 years or more, lol. I bet you never even played the game.

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Has anyone said

Yes. I just said it. Because...it’s a point away, In the championship. That’s important. 

I understand Derby 'should have' won. But ‘should have’ has no place in the Championship(in my opinion.).

Every match is a spectacle. That’s why it’s such a tough league. 

Positives:

• I thought the full-backs looked decent. Malone got forward well and Bogle's defending has improved.
  • Lawrence's decision making was spot on today, shame he got that injury early on.
  • Tomori is a class above. 
  • Once King is up to speed, reckon he'll be a great addition. 
  • Dug in and didn't lose (despite being second best for 70mins). 

Negatives:

• Wilson never got going, and without him on song we don't create much.
  • Still too many individual errors in the middle, giving the ball away in daft situations.
  • What has happened to Nugent's finishing? 
  • We really should be beating Ipswich away, but they dominated from 10min–80min. 

Poor performance and I know a few will knock Johnson but I thought he was one of our best players as was Temori ...Nugent should’ve scored twice free header hit the bar and another one of his shots inside the box that was similar to a backpass ...I’m afraid nice fella Nugent is not good enough for the championship anymore ..shocking ball retention tonight ...onwards but worrying performance COYR

Not a great game, missed opportunity on two points, those questioning Bryson contribution should watch both Saturdays and today’s games and they will see what we missed tonight.

Im sure BJ will get criticised and rightly so, however he wasn’t the only poor one tonight, the manager got it wrong however the players didn’t step up to the mark to help him out.

Onky positive I can think off is that we didn’t lose.

3 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Out come the FM managers!

We would of if...

All that’s needed is...

Player X would have...

Type of play should have been...

What happened:

Derby drew a match away from home(which is generally considered the hope for away matches.) 

Derby are still in the playoff mix. 

Im not happy with the result today...but it’s not dire. 

COYR!

Problem is some ‘expect’ us to be challenging for the autos, but we aren’t quite there yet to really kill off games like tonight. We were fine, a decent championship performance away from home truth be told, but we haven’t quite got that extra bit of swagger to get us over the line unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Did Lampard put the FA cup over the league tonight?? Hudds should never of been dropped.

that was awful till the last few minutes, Nugent can’t finish his dinner anymore awful back up

Helps Lampard’s managerial profile if he does well in the Fa Cup though and alerts bigger teams(Chelsea)about what a “fantastic job” he’s doing. Couldn’t blame him tbh although I’d have done things differently. The league is the bread and butter.

Archived