Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Just now, Millenniumram said:

How many times can perfrommaces like this be allowed to continue? With the number we’ve had this season I’m astounded we’re not closer to Ipswich then promotion. No derby team pisses me off more than this one, so much potential but so few times actually showing it because they don’t show the desire that other teams do

It depends what you mean by "be allowed to continue".

It's football. Sometimes your good, sometimes your poo. I've still enjoyed the vast majority of this season so far, even a lot of the bad games, and enjoyment is all that really matters. 

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly! Just do the simple things right ffs! It’s messing the simple things up that’s killing us, you win by being the bets at the basics, not by showboating. That’s exactly what we did on Saturday, and aren’t doing here. No composure, no surprise with such changes

Both full backs have turned into Tom Lawrence. Malone has a decent cross in him but now him and Bogle just want to do that little bit more. It's a good crossing opportunity but I think if I do 2 more feints that a better one will come. 

The second our midfield get the ball all attackers instantly look for a glory run. They don't give a good angle or support the ball. They are off. 

And off the ball. My God. Half of them are thinking about a counter attack and the other half think they can steal possession from a stealth interception. What happened to pressing the opponent and sending them packing. Forcing them back and the pushing up. Then doing it again? 

We used to do it months ago.

Now every week we see a pass into midfield... nobody knows I'm here... if I can just sneak a foot in... Ah! I've been turned and now I'm out the game. 

It's a bit tedious. 

Not a bad team but too eager

Just now, SaintRam said:

Everyone's being a bit harsh on Lampard for me regarding the lineup.

Maybe BJ threatened to bite him if he didn't pick him. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. 

It's one thing to leave Huddlestone on the bench if he needs a rest and can't play the full 90, but to not bring him on at all when I think 99% of people watching the game can see he's what we're crying out for is just mental. We've got no control in midfield and have subbed on Nugent, Bryson and Bennett who will work their socks off, but have little to no chance of dictating the game 

Keogh heads it back across the box brilliantly. David Nugent falls over, and ONTO the ball, and therefore no-one can shoot and the chance ends with a poor snapshot from Tomori.

That was an easy chance if Nugent didn't fall. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

It depends what you mean by "be allowed to continue".

It's football. Sometimes your good, sometimes your poo. I've still enjoyed the vast majority of this season so far, even a lot of the bad games, and enjoyment is all that really matters. 

This is true, but there’s been a lot more poo than good imo this season. Unpopular opinion but in the main I haven’t enjoyed this season, don’t like seeing such stupidity by players week in week out as they just don’t look after the ball well enough. Occasionally I really enjoy it like Saturday in the main, but these sort of lack of desire games come around too often

Archived