Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

When we have a corner i worry  that the opposition are going to break & score. Rather than think we’re going to attack this & score off it i just think we’ll kick it to them & its break on ?

I'm beginning to think that when WE have a free kick inside the opposition half

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It’s not a tough league....we played Ipswich Town tonight....they have 19 points in total all season....they have won 1 game in the last 9...It couldn’t have been an easier game for us...they are absolutely garbage...and apart from the first 90 seconds they played us off the park...

Saying the Championship is not a tough league, is like saying Mandelbrots set of complex numbers is a little convoluted. Seems a bit disingenuous. 

7 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

I wonder if Bradley Johnson gave away the ball more times tonight, than Frank Lampard did in his entire career ??

Didn't give it away in the build up to the goal though did he?

There were a lot more players who had a worse game than him tonight, wilson and holmes.

Not posted In a while and didn’t want to be one of those guys that only post when things don’t go to plan, BUT .......

just can’t let this go, as to me one of the biggest, no stupidest decisions made this season was running late therefore getting stuck behind a ducking learner and missing The Lawrence goal by 3 seconds!!!

way to not show replays sky ?

Tonight was very disappointing, but as I look at it, the way the league is going no team this season will do a zero to hero like Fulham did last season. So we are very likely now one of the lucky 7 in the mix this season for the lottery. Out of the 7 at the moment we look the most inconsistent in my opinion. So lets  hope soon the Boro, West Brom, Man U etc. Performances come back. Keep the faith. Coyr. ?

7 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

I wonder if Bradley Johnson gave away the ball more times tonight, than Frank Lampard did in his entire career ??

I would say that's a strange comment, especially considering he probably wasn't even in the top 5 Derby players on the night to give the ball away. Holmes, Wilson, Waghorn, Bogle and Malone all more accountable on that regard. 

As a football fan I have expectations, I expected Derby who are 7th to go to Ipswich who are 24th and get 3 points, end of. We got 1. Not 0 but not 3. I get the fact that lambert has changed things slightly and they will be scrapping for everything but why aren’t we doing the same to get into the top 6! If we lose at Brighton then what have we gained? A changed side at Ipswich and points dropped and an FA cup exit after resting players. We don’t show up enough of the time, I was really impressed with the second half v Hull and then we go and churn out that dire performance. Lampard has to manage better and Keogh has to Captain with more authority (I’m not blaming Keogh, he did okay tonight) but I want to see my Captain pulling players across and giving them a kick up the backside. While Lawrence was down and the game going away from us I want Keogh to be in peoples ears giving them some words of encouragement or some stick to fire them up. King and Johnson was never going to work. Need all 3 points v Millwall now

7 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Agreed. Not quite their yet...and that's OK:)

I also expect quite a bit from Derby. I expect them to challenge for promotion (playoffs or autos). I expect them to produce exciting football (for debate by fans what is exciting). I expect them to compete. 

I also believe they are attempting to do those things. I can't fathom the idea that the team would not be doing everything in their power to achieve promotion...satisfy fans...be a solid business (for community and team). 

A big issue for me: having six different managers in the past 3 years 8 months. That is such an eyesore from my perspective. I think Lampard has done wonders in spite of that. I think Derby fans have done well in spite of that. I think the team, and the fans deserve some stability (more correctly...probably need the stability) to properly have a go at the championship. I for one, think Derby on the right track; Frank and Co. is an exciting step (and continues to be for this season...not just the next.)

With the exception of a minority of posters some who are sticking to long standing agendas, I don’t think anyone is questioning Frank. I think the majority are more than happy with the job he’s doing. Me personally, I think If we can keep hold of him I’m convinced he’ll take us forward. I also think he will go to the top of the game.

However he got it wrong tonight so deserves some flak for his decisions tonight. He’s got a thick skin so he can take it. He even admitted on radio derby that while he still backs his team selection as the right thing, it didn’t work out and while a factor in the defeat it wasn’t the sole reason.

We’re still in a great place, though Autos are probably out of the question now (were they ever realistically a target?)

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Helps Lampard’s managerial profile if he does well in the Fa Cup though and alerts bigger teams(Chelsea)about what a “fantastic job” he’s doing. Couldn’t blame him tbh although I’d have done things differently. The league is the bread and butter.

You think Chelsea will be impressed by a manager with a Fa cup run? 

You are doing Frank a disservice if you think he's only targeting certain games to lift his skirt and flash Chelsea his knickers. 

He's not daft, he knows the only way to climb the managerial ladder is to get promoted and do good work in the Premier league. 

17 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

It's been said a 1000 times  but Huddlestone was great on Saturday , and it would have been a different game if we had a player of his quality playing instead of Johnson.

Agree but Johnson wasn't the worst player tonight.Lawrence went missing after 2 mins,everyone thought they were playing for Ipswich with their passing,we even managed to take out our own players.No one up for a 50/50 ball.No leadership on the pitch, waghor n ran but never got any service,Nugent couldn't score if he was the only player on the pitch.Made Ipswich look good tonight and feel  sorry for the fans having travelled

4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

You think Chelsea will be impressed by a manager with a Fa cup run? 

You are doing Frank a disservice if you think he's only targeting certain games to lift his skirt and flash Chelsea his knickers. 

He's not daft, he knows the only way to climb the managerial ladder is to get promoted and do good work in the Premier league. 

Hope you’re right. After Rowett though, we shouldn’t take anything for granted. Lampard sold out his boyhood club West Ham and then left Chelsea for Man City. 

One of the fruit bats here .... despite my glass being half full got to admit was a disappointing result tonight. Frank got his team selection wrong & those that he picked let him down. Never mind, poo happens, Frank will learn from this, we didn’t lose & we move on, win your home games & draw the away and all that. No one died, the FA cup is a free hit, bring on Milwall. We still in the mix and in Frank I still trust. COYR. 

Archived