Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've struggled all season to get any momentum going in the league, it's really frustrating. Frank gets the benefit of the doubt this year as he literally doesn't know what he's doing - he's never done it before. The annoying thing is how well we've performed in the spotlight of the cup, I'd love to swap our cup runs for wins at Ipswich, Bolton, Rotherham and Millwall.

Really poor. 

Lampard got that wrong from the start, and unfortunately, hadn’t learnt from the Stoke game. You cannot pick a team with the intention of beating the opposition at their own strength. You will always come off second best. So picking a team to rough it out, and playing shocking football with a squad which isn’t built for that is absolutely no surprise. 

Johnson’s inclusion was bizarre. Whenever he plays in that position we struggle to retain possession, move the ball quickly and precisely into good positions - and he is a liability facing his own goal in tight areas. He made some good tackles and headers, but the team as a whole suffered for his inclusion massively - think asking Curtis to play out from the back, Vydra to play up front alone or Martin to run in behind. He has his attributes but doing a Tom Huddlestone role isn’t one. 

That huge selection error bled into the rest of the game. Wilson and Holmes were very poor, Lawrence (despite me being a fan) wasn’t good and Waghorn wasn’t involved until the last few minutes. 

Only King and Tomori to come out of that game with any credit whatsoever - and I hope Lampard holds his hands up and genuinely realises something after the second time this has happened, by making players do things they physically can’t. 

3 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I genuinely think FL Is after the cup. Mad when we could've won this with a better line up and still had enough for the cup.

I do too and it’s bizaree. I don’t want to complain too much because he’s doing well but it does help his image in the media if we keep beating these Prem sides. I just can’t understand dropping Huddlestone and playing King and Johnson together who haven’t started a game in months. Why not try that in a cup game? 

Very frustrating. I can't think of another Derby team that gives the ball away as much as this one. Constantly misplacing places, or miscontrolling it. 

Wilson, lawrence, bogle, malone, holmes, etc etc. 

Good use of subs got us back into it but unfortunately....not enough.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Were they really physical though? Worrying that.

I can't think of any matchup on the pitch where they didn't have the upper hand in terms of physicality. Chalobah especially DOMINATED Lawrence, Wilson and Holmes.

Even their man up front was bigger and stronger than Keogh and Tomori.

Out come the FM managers!

We would of if...

All that’s needed is...

Player X would have...

Type of play should have been...

What happened:

Derby drew a match away from home(which is generally considered the hope for away matches.) 

Derby are still in the playoff mix. 

Im not happy with the result today...but it’s not dire. 

COYR!

Admittedly I don't watch Derby every game but when I have they sort of look like the scoring stats suggest - that we just don't do that much upfront generally. Joint 11th scorers in the league. Wilson chips in with worldies from outside the box from time-to-time but put us infront of sides like Ipswich and we simply really struggle to break them down.

I am really dejected tonight, feels like a loss to go to a side who are cut adrift at the bottom off the back of such a strong performance and effectively not turn up.

Archived