Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

Sorry, but only one man responsible for that. For all his good work over most of the season, Frank Lampard’s decision to omit Huddlestone lost us that game. 

WHY  did he pick that team tonight ? 

And WHAT  does he see in Nugent and Bennett ? 

Did i miss the Ipswich winner - i dozed off

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ipswich are a gazillian points away from survival, I didn’t realise how badly they’re doing. These poor performances and results against Ipswich, Rotherham Bolton, Millwall, Stoke and QPR are adding up.

They certainly are! This accounts to management naivety and stupidity. 2 morepoints down the drain!

The most frustraiting part is i was just starting to think automatic promotion again

A win tonight then win our game in hand we’d have been four points off Norwich & right back in the mixer 

Im just pretty desperate for us to win 5-6 games in a row & kick on up thd league ?

Of course every athlete has off nights performance wise, that's sports.My thing though is none of the team tonight imo aside from perhaps Waghorn, looked or played with any enthusiasm at all.

If you are clearly giving your all and it's just not happening for you, well that sucks but is what it is.But to not give it your all(Which I don't think we did) then that's a whole other thing.

Just now, cymru said:

taxi for Nugent  and johnson time to get rid fgs

Tbf Johnson was one of our better players, as was imo Lawrence, the normal scapegoat. Wilson and Holmes were players who let us down tonight, along with Malone. But if you want someone to blame, look no further than the manager. bank team selection repaid by a bank performance. Set up totally and utterly wrong. Amateur.

2 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Yes. I just said it. Because...it’s a point away, In the championship. That’s important. 

I understand Derby should have won. But ‘should have’ has no place in the Championship(in my opinion.).

Every match is a spectacle. That’s why it’s such a tough league. 

It’s not a tough league....we played Ipswich Town tonight....they have 19 points in total all season....they have won 1 game in the last 9...It couldn’t have been an easier game for us...they are absolutely garbage...and apart from the first 90 seconds they played us off the park...

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not a great game, missed opportunity on two points, those questioning Bryson contribution should watch both Saturdays and today’s games and they will see what we missed tonight.

Im sure BJ will get criticised and rightly so, however he wasn’t the only poor one tonight, the manager got it wrong however the players didn’t step up to the mark to help him out.

Onky positive I can think off is that we didn’t lose.

Until Bryson came on Johnson was our only decent midfielder

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I agree that that performance left much to be desired and I agree we should be doing far better against such teams - as we have said in every away game against similar teams. Everyone on the pitch was just worse than usual. Some more than others, but everyone was worse.

But we weren't hanging on. It was all Derby at the end and we'd have won if any one of the great chances we created hadn't fallen to Nugent, who's the most out of form player I think I've ever seen. When it's nigh impossible to miss, he falls onto the ball so he can't take the shot. 

I really find it hard to imagine him playing his way out of this form. It's gone on for a while now. Hopefully Marriott and Waghorn stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Would be better playing rugby league.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It isn’t just the result. How we’ve got 2 points against Preston and Ipswich is beyond me. Our away form is worrying and changing the team every game isn’t going to help 

Preston are a good team. At least we didnt lose 3-1 to them like Norwich did tonight.

Way off it tonight yet still should’ve won. Nuge has cost us 6 points now individually since December! Bristol, Boro and now tonight! Missed absolute sitters in all three matches. 

Awful goal to concede and Lampard deserves criticism tonight with the midfield selection. We’re a different team with Huddlestone. Holmes and Wilson both poor tonight.

A point isn’t a disaster though if we beat Millwall with our game in hand. We’ve got to get this away form sorted, red dogs and Villa next up away we’ll get nothing from both games playing like that.

Credit to Ipswich though, played much better than their league position and proves again there are no gimmes in this league. We should be hammering these teams?! Every away game in this league is tough.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Until Bryson came on Johnson was our only decent midfielder

The problem with BJ though is that he creates panic, his passing is not good enough, he may have been the best midfielder which wasn’t hard, however I wouldn’t use the words decent.

We knew they would make a scrap of it, fighting for their lives, and we couldn't match their desire. I said before the game that this, if not met with the respect it deserves, would be a very avoidable result. It proved to be just that. 

I thought the supporting cast for Waghorn was particularly poor tonight, with so little creativity and it's not surprising we was unable to carve out many decent chances until the last 10 minutes. Wilson will struggle to play that badly again, plus Lawrence and Holmes were being swamped by their defenders who had a pretty good evening in fairness. 

I think we ultimately could have given more tonight in terms of energy and movement off the ball. It's just another game, like the Rotherham & Bolton away games, where we've let ourselves down and couldn't match the opposition for endeavour. 

Archived